Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:11 AM   #1
Mr.Doobie

Gibbus Yo Cash, Bitch! Fo Sho!

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...b-ad-video.php

Quote:
The special election to replace the retired Rep. Jane Harman (D-CA) just took a turn for the spectacular. A new web video aimed at boosting the Republican chances for an upset win is
dropping jaws at the Democratic candidate's headquarters and prompting calls for a bipartisan condemnation of the shockingly negative attack.

The election pits Los Angeles Councilwoman Janice Hahn (D) against businessman Craig Huey, a tea party Republican who's second place finish in one of California's first jungle primaries came as a surprise to most. The race to the July 12 runoff has fallen to the national backburner as attention shifted to the NY-26 race and a more general discussion of Rep. Paul Ryan's (R) budget plan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ3B8...layer_embedded

Well I have no idea why everyone thinks Tea Partiers are a bunch of ignorant fruit loops. They seem like pretty cool guys to me.

I admittedly don't know much about this women or her program, but it sounds like what she was doing was taking gangsters out of jail, giving them a job to help them come back into society, and having them help teach kids about the downsides of being in a gang. Which... sounds like a good thing.

OHWAIT I'M SORRY SCARY BLACK PEOPLE ARE SCARY!!!!!
Mr.Doobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:47 PM   #2
CptSternn

I don't think they could have made it anymore offensive if they tried.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:58 AM   #3
Angelic Dissonance2

Holy crap. If this doesn't make The Boondocks...
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:08 PM   #4
Angelic Dissonance2

[edit]
I think that Janice Hahn seems to be doing the right thing, if she's taking gangsters out of jail and giving them jobs. Doesn't it stand to reason that gangsters primarily resort to crime because of poverty, not because they are educated people with high-paying jobs?

The people commenting negatively on the video seem to be doing so because they lump all these "Gangsters" into a class that they can use to just red-flag them all, instead of considering that they are human beings with problems just like anyone. Maybe if more people tried to solve the problems that CAUSE gang activity, instead of just tagging members as soon as they pop up and sweeping them under the carpet, we wouldn't HAVE so bad a problem. It's just like spam in your inbox--flagging the messages as spam doesn't always solve the problem. Sometimes, you have to 'unsubscribe'.
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:03 PM   #5
Despanan

PLEASEOHPLEASEOHPLEASEOHPLEASEBEATROLL.

If this is a Troll (and I'm pretty sure it is) this is freaking EPIC. This is Westboro baptist epic.

edit: I'm calling it. This is a Troll, check out Turn Right's Website. they're going to set up a forum for liberals to complain.

EPIC TROLL IS EPIC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:07 PM   #6
AshleyO

One of their complaints is how their liberal opponents are too cowardly to fight back. I think this is a leftist site. Seriously.
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote