Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 05-01-2006, 11:01 AM   #1
Dante Caligari

Greetings, My Name is Dante

Greetings.
My name is Dante, and I believe that I have finally come across a decent Gothic forum. So without any further adieu:

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I work with computers. I am young, and my parents will not allow me to have a job. Computers are my passion. I also enjoy playing guitar, and percussion in whatever spare time is alloted to me.

2. Where are you from?
A very small town. Pop. <500. There is NOTHING to do.

3. Who is your favorite author?
I really do not have any specifics. I read too much variety to really have a favorite.

4. What are your favorite films?
Dracula (Bela Lugosi), Underworld, Nightmare Before Christmas. I don't have access to alot of movies. Try finding something like "The Hunger" in this town...impossible!

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Marrage? Eh...?

6. At your funeral?
I don't want to have a funeral.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Very quickly. I heard one time of a guy that got crushed by ten tons of metal plating. That sounds nice.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
I plan to be cremated.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
I won't lie, I have the appearance of a spooky kid. Big black baggy bondage pants, plain black shirt, my big black boots, and my black leather jacket.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
I am a little kid. Innocence, of course.

11. What's your favorite band?
The Cruxshadows. Peter Murphy. Bauhaus. I can't choose.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
Tech. Maybe two sections of that.

13. Why did you join?
There isn't anyone that I can relate to around here, and I need to feel accepted; just like any other human being. I also want to know more about the Gothic culture, since I am quite ignorant about it.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Male.
Dante Caligari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:26 AM   #2
A Simple Poet

Welcome dark spirit.

Hopefully you can find what you look for here. Your name reminds me of one of my favorite poets, Dante Alighieri.

My name is Will ... and I'm back from a glorious feeding.

Will on Facebook ... Identify yourself because I'm a proud, Facebook, recluse.
A Simple Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:37 AM   #3
succubus,queenofvampires

Welcome, Dante!

Cartman(South Park): It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a woman's separation; this sort of penetration will
increase the population of the younger generation.
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:48 AM   #4
Dante Caligari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Welcome! Since you're not sure who your favorite author is, do you have a favorite genre?
Not really. I like anything with a good plot.

...Dante Alighieri. The Inferno? I have been recommended that book numerous times, but I have not been able to find it.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:52 AM   #5
Wise Child

Welcome newblet. Have fun and read The Inferno, if you can. Gives rise to those little "but what if it's all true?" terrors that strike at that irrational period around 3 a.m.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 02:59 PM   #6
Draconysius

Welcome, Dante. Please enjoy your stay, but behave like a mature adult in the process. Otherwise, we'll ALL have to spank you... or flame you, whichever is more convenient.

What is your real name, Dante? Does draconcon69 strike your memory? You sound like a friend of mine. If that is indeed your actual name, then I apologize for my giddiness.

Anywho, you can dress however you desire, but people tend to judge you if you dress like a spooky. You might attract the wrong attention (mall goths) and be completely ignored by good attention (subculturists). I went through a spooky kid phase as well (I think half of us here did), but I found clothing that was less blatant and poseurish that I admire even moreso. Try on everything you can; you may find your fashion sense by complete accident, like myself.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 06:16 AM   #7
Dante Caligari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconysius
Welcome, Dante. Please enjoy your stay, but behave like a mature adult in the process. Otherwise, we'll ALL have to spank you... or flame you, whichever is more convenient.

What is your real name, Dante? Does draconcon69 strike your memory? You sound like a friend of mine. If that is indeed your actual name, then I apologize for my giddiness.

Anywho, you can dress however you desire, but people tend to judge you if you dress like a spooky. You might attract the wrong attention (mall goths) and be completely ignored by good attention (subculturists). I went through a spooky kid phase as well (I think half of us here did), but I found clothing that was less blatant and poseurish that I admire even moreso. Try on everything you can; you may find your fashion sense by complete accident, like myself.
I do not believe that Maturity will be a problem. I am only 16, so it may be natural for me to be a little angsty, but just give me a flame if I begin to cross the lines.

My real name in not Dante, but I just choose that name for a screen name. I do not like giving out my real name. I like to be somewhat of a mystery. (Spooky Spooky :P) That name does not ring a bell, but I will provide the link to my MySpace in case I do know you: http://www.myspace.com/dante_caligari

I do not care if people judge me on the way that I dress. I know that three quarters of the people that see me already brand me as some ignorant, violent, theatrically depressed metalhead, but that is fine with me. That is their own ignorance. I do not like the way that I dress, but around here, crappy stores such as Hot Topic (*pukes*) or discontent are the only option for dress even REMOTELY Gothic. Next year I plan on shopping online, but I have yet to find a vendor that is offering what I am looking for.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:29 AM   #8
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Caligari
I do not like the way that I dress, but around here, crappy stores such as Hot Topic (*pukes*) or discontent are the only option for dress even REMOTELY Gothic. Next year I plan on shopping online, but I have yet to find a vendor that is offering what I am looking for.
Try DIY. If there's an outlet in your area.