Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 05-10-2006, 07:15 PM   #1
NatalyaI

NatalyaI

Sorry to be a bit uncreative, but I'm going to start by following the stock questions:

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
Writing (fiction mostly, occasional poems and songs), reading, acting (high school co-curricular and in a local haunted house), baking (inside out chocolate chip cookies), and, until this point, bashing away at school work. But AP exams are over, and I'm graduating in a few weeks, so now everything's wound down and I've been coasting for the past few days.

2. Where are you from?
I was born--and live--in the American Midwest. However, my mom is British, and I'm a dual citizen.

3. Who is your favorite author?
Dostoevsky, Chekov, Margaret Atwood, Steven King, JM Coetzee, Charles Dickens

4. What are your favorite films?
The Godfather, Sunset Boulevard, Silence of the Lambs, The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
I'd like either "Somebody to Love", by Queen, or "Nights in White Satin", by the Moody Blues, to be played for the first dance.

6. At your funeral?
Ideally I'd like people to celebrate my memory with upbeat Arabic dance music, but I'd also like to have the service sung by talented and soulful chanters.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Either young, heroically, and dramatically, or very old, peacefully, and without a whole lot of fuss.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
Dark, prettily carved wood, with a lining color that depends upon my age and marital status.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
Today, it's my mlack lace peasant skirt, purple hooded long sleeved t-shirt, hand-knitted purple scarf, and black boots, with my hair loose and straightened. Tomorrow, that may change.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Complete trust in the higher powers of life.

11. What's your favorite band?
Will I get laughed off the board for saying Simon and Garfunkel?

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I graduate from high school in a few months, and I plan on attending Notre Dame in the fall. I hope to major in English and, God willing, pursue a PhD in the same subject. Eventually I'd like to teach at the college level whiel pursuing a writing career.

13. Why did you join?
Because I'm a lover and creator of dark fiction, and I'd like to join a community wherein these aspects may flourish.

14. What is your gender?
I'm female, but besides that, I'm eighteen, and my name is Katherine (Cassie or Rynn if you'd rather). I also happen to be Christian, and I consider myself unclassifiable in terms of being punk or goth--I'm simply Katherine, and you have to get to know me to find out what that means.

Cheers, and I look forward to meeting all of you,
Katherine
NatalyaI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 07:24 PM   #2
Magpie_Tendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalyaI
I consider myself unclassifiable in terms of being punk or goth--I'm simply Katherine, and you have to get to know me to find out what that means.
That's cool - we don't really hold much stock in labels around here anyway.

Welcome.

You sound like you'll be a nice, intelligent addition to the boards after the recent troll influx.

I hope you stick around
Old 05-10-2006, 07:42 PM   #3
Circle V

I'm not quite sure that trolls are exactly a new phenomenon. Check out the early posts in, say, this thread. Pay especial attention to the post counts of the members.

Welcome, Natalya. I look forward to seeing you around the boards.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:20 PM   #4
roserougesang

Welcome!
The more the merrier (with the exception of trolls)

The Lord of the Rings trilogy are among my favourite movies as well!
I see we'll get along well
No greater love than mine.
-Annie Lennox, Love Song For A Vampire-

Rouge Z. Hatter has FINALLY returned to Gnet!
roserougesang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 12:56 PM   #5
NatalyaI

Thanks, all, for making me feel at home. I do plan on sticking around for awhile.
NatalyaI is offline   Reply With Quote