Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 10-27-2007, 12:31 PM   #51
Utael

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
If they were so sure, then they shouldn't mind waiting another 3 hours. You of course, for some reason think waiting 3 hours to kill someone is too long.
Good to see your so gung-ho about executing your fellow countrymen.
you fail to see that this man had several years for apeals, he was still being convicted of the crime what you fail to see is that the evidence is still incriminating on the suspect, and you say look at it as if you were being convicted, i ask you look at it from the victims familys view
Utael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:42 AM   #52
Tam Li Hua

On one hand...he -did- r'pe-and- murder a woman, which -should- be punishable by death.

On the other hand...I have to wonder if the Texas court simply -wanted- this man to die...which is why they refused to stay open.

Even with all the previous appeals, I -still- find it appalling that the wouldn't at least hear what the lawyer had to say. It probably wouldn't have done anything...but now no one will ever know..
Tam Li Hua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 02:36 AM   #53
CptSternn

Thats it in a nutshell. As I stated earlier, if the government of any nation decides it has the power to kill its own citizens for whatever reason, one would like to think they afford that human being every opportunity to stop or prolong that state ordered murder before proceeding.

Either way, it's still a barbaric act - state sponsored murder. It's odd to hear Americans speak of it like it's no big deal.

It's like hearing someone talk about slavery - people living in a country that allows slavery can't understand why people who don't have slavery are against it.

When the rest of the world reads about how America is still practicing the death penalty, we are like 'you people still are involved in that'?
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote