Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-24-2009, 03:16 PM   #26
Mr E Nigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by $haDe View Post
For me, it's Margarita or Irish car bomb....whatever it's called.

I'll go with Margarita. Me luvs sour drinkz !!!
PS - (As an Irishman I'll warn you, never call it an irish car bomb in Ireland... 3 possible things can happen)

In order of most probability:

1 - They just simply won't serve it

2 - They'll kick you out of the bar

3 - They'll fuck you up (And on extremely extremely rare occasions, you might no longer have a car.)

I personally Always just ask for 3/4 of a pint of guinness stout beer with half a shot of Jameson whiskey (I much prefer Green Spot over Jameson, but Green Spot is generally only available at Mitchell & Son's shop in Dublin.) on top of half a shot of Bailey's Irish Cream.

Or if you're not a fan of the cream you can just ask for a Jimmy & Guinney boilermaker.. Which is the Guinness with a shot of jameson.

How do you like drinking yours? With the beer as a chaser or do you like to depth charge it (Drop the shot in the beer and chug)?

Personally, I enjoy dropping the shot glass in the drink and chugging as opposed to downing the shot then sipping the whiskey.

____

hah, the Irish Car Bomb is definitely my favorite drink, but I'll drink all sorts of stuff. Whiskey, Scotch, Gin, Rum, Brandy... (I don't do vodka, I drink for taste mostly and vodka tastes like shit... for me anyways, even the "good" kind)

My favorite spirit would have to be Absinthe (quite happy it was re-legalized in the states in '07) Or I would've never tried it.

And my favorite liqueur is probably Sambuca Black.

(I love licorice and because both contain anise, they have somewhat of a licorice like flavor which is most likely my reason for enjoying them more among other alcoholic beverages)
Old 04-24-2009, 03:22 PM   #27
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr E Nigma View Post
(I love licorice and because both contain anise, they have somewhat of a licorice like flavor which is most likely my reason for enjoying them more among other alcoholic beverages)
You know whats weird? How many people hate the taste of licorice. I've heard absinthe tastes like licorice but sadly haven't had the opportunity to try it yet.

http://scrollbar.dk/events/20080215.Mario.Bar/ I WILL have a Mario party one day.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:26 PM   #28
Mr E Nigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
You know whats weird? How many people hate the taste of licorice. I've heard absinthe tastes like licorice but sadly haven't had the opportunity to try it yet.

http://scrollbar.dk/events/20080215.Mario.Bar/ I WILL have a Mario party one day.
Yeah, I dunno, no idea why people hate licorice. I find it quite delightful.

Haha, that bar is awesome.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:33 PM   #29
Anarasha

Single Malt Scotch whiskey.
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:44 PM   #30
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
PS - (As an Irishman I'll warn you, never call it an irish car bomb in Ireland... 3 possible things can happen)

In order of most probability:

1 - They just simply won't serve it

2 - They'll kick you out of the bar

3 - They'll fuck you up (And on extremely extremely rare occasions, you might no longer have a car.)

I personally Always just ask for 3/4 of a pint of guinness stout beer with half a shot of Jameson whiskey (I much prefer Green Spot over Jameson, but Green Spot is generally only available at Mitchell & Son's shop in Dublin.) on top of half a shot of Bailey's Irish Cream.

Or if you're not a fan of the cream you can just ask for a Jimmy & Guinney boilermaker.. Which is the Guinness with a shot of jameson.

How do you like drinking yours? With the beer as a chaser or do you like to depth charge it (Drop the shot in the beer and chug)?

Personally, I enjoy dropping the shot glass in the drink and chugging as opposed to downing the shot then sipping the whiskey.

____

hah, the Irish Car Bomb is definitely my favorite drink, but I'll drink all sorts of stuff. Whiskey, Scotch, Gin, Rum, Brandy... (I don't do vodka, I drink for taste mostly and vodka tastes like shit... for me anyways, even the "good" kind)

My favorite spirit would have to be Absinthe (quite happy it was re-legalized in the states in '07) Or I would've never tried it.

And my favorite liqueur is probably Sambuca Black.

Ugh, I hate absinthe because I hate anise.
Licorice, too. Yucky.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:48 PM   #31
gothicusmaximus

Bearfight.
Irish Car Bomb immediately followed by Jagerbomb. Creates the sensation of ferocious bears fighting in one's stomach.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:25 PM   #32
Mr E Nigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
Bearfight.
Irish Car Bomb immediately followed by Jagerbomb. Creates the sensation of ferocious bears fighting in one's stomach.
It's actually the other way around. A Jaeger bomb followed by a car bomb. (I know most people do it car bomb first, but I pay respect to the creator and do it the way it was meant to be done. Chugging the car bomb as a chaser for the jaeger bomb)

If you want a drink that will really fuck you up (I almost wanna say you'll puke out the drink before you get a chance to finish it) try the evolution of the bearfight called the Bear Grylls.

A jaegar bomb followed by a car bomb followed by a sake bomb. It’s disgusting, just like when Bear Grylls eats some shit on T.V., some mammal flesh with the fur still on it, some giant bug with its guts oozing out, some fresh water fish that has its spinal column crunched by Grylls’ forceful bite. But whatever he’s doing, you’re pretty interested.

-Note- If you ever find an actual bar that can serve you this. Let me know... unless you buy all the ingredients yourself... I would love to know of a bar where you can get jaegar, redbull, bailey’s, jameson, guiness, and sake and saporo.

But if you ever get a chance to drink one... beware... (I've never tried it myself and probably never will)
Old 04-24-2009, 07:09 PM   #33
the-nihilist

Jack Daniels and Coke. Jack Daniels is kind of expensive though, so a lot of the time I'm just drinking rum and coke.
the-nihilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:50 PM   #34
Solumina

Quote:
-Note- If you ever find an actual bar that can serve you this. Let me know... unless you buy all the ingredients yourself... I would love to know of a bar where you can get jaegar, redbull, bailey’s, jameson, guiness, and sake and saporo.
I know a place in Newport News with all of the above (I can't remember if they have guiness on tap or just in bottles) but it is kind of pricey
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:47 PM   #35
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
I've become very partial to Vodka and Cranberry juice . Blame Methadrine for that one, he mentioned it! *misses Mr Meth :_( *
Unfair, I mentioned it as well.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:25 AM   #36
Jack again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
Ugh, I hate absinthe because I hate anise.
Licorice, too. Yucky.
A lot of people don't like aniseed an liquorice, maybe it's one of those acquired tastes.
Jack again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 02:38 AM   #37
Apathy's_Child

All-purpose - whiskey. Getting a hip flask was both the best and worst thing i ever did.
Coming down - vodka with a little juice, or ice-cold cider.
Drinking with Kambili - red wine, since that's pretty much all she really drinks.

I like pretty much all alcohol except white wine, and I don't HATE white wine - it'd just never be my first choice. Oh, and absinthe, which is vile.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:23 AM   #38
momentomori

Drinks anyone?

Hummm - Vodka (ice cold) in the Spring and Summer and Cognac in the Fall and Winter. Wine - would have to Pinot Noir and nothing else- really do not like mixed drinks but a nice Bloody Mary is nice - hold the tabasco though...
momentomori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:15 AM   #39
Man In Room 5

Absinthe is the shit. I used to think it was for poseurs who simply wanted to do the whole absinthe ritual thing with spoon and sugar. Then I tried a drink called Death In The Afternoon.

1 Part absinthe
5 Parts champagne
Over ice

No sugar needed if you use a sweet champagne. You can either let the absinthe rise naturally or just stir it up. It will taste the same either way.

And I suggest this absinthe if you can find it. It's great stuff but don't drink it straight because it will taste like shit.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:22 AM   #40
Beowulf

Cool

My favourite drinks are ...

Newcastle Brown Ale (the best beer on the planet)

Cider

and any Italian white wine !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:29 PM   #41
Vigormortis

Vodka and Red Bull, a Stiff Long Island, Tequilla with training wheels, or beer. Vodka and Red Bull is by far my favorite though. 2 oz vodka to 4 oz red bull.

At a party recently I had a friend make me a boiler maker, which utterly destroyed me in 3 glasses, then on the attempt to make the fourth, he dropped the shot and set the floor, my shoe and pant leg on fire. It was bad news. In fact, in the moment of drunken clarity I had whilst being set on fire, I said to myself "Oh christ, people are going to hear about this on the news"
Vigormortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:05 PM   #42
Mag

There's a bar in a movie theatre I like to go to the most and order a "Mocha Martini"....When I go to a club, I just order vodka with a splash of cranberry juice...
Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:07 PM   #43
IBreatheJoeyJordison

VODKA!!!
I could probably drink it all day long.
Bud Light is probably the nastiest thing I've tasted though.
Eck! :P
IBreatheJoeyJordison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:11 PM   #44
Learing Cordelia

Blueberry Beer is good. It tastes like blueberry juice, to me. Other than that whiskey straight.
Learing Cordelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:16 PM   #45
korinna5555

There's a blueberry beer in the basement fridge.

I just had an Amp with about 4oz of vodka, and it was pretty yummy.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:22 PM   #46
Saya

Know what I hate? I had a single glass of rum and cola, and while I was a little liberal with the amount of rum I only got slightly buzzed, but in the pictures we took tonight my face was all red.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:26 PM   #47
korinna5555

I know how you feel! I have rosacea, so my face is always kinda red.. 'specially my cheeks. :/
Old 05-03-2009, 12:12 AM   #48
SiouxsiePernova

I don't drink alcohol very often, but I do enjoy vodka with grape juice. However, I find absinthe to be rather overrated and extremely unpalatable.
SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:45 AM   #49
ScarlettDeny

A good margarita can make my day ~ best drink ever.
ScarlettDeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:49 AM   #50
Underwater Ophelia

I'm not fond of a margarita.
Not into lemon lime, and I hate tequila.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote