Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 09-01-2009, 03:05 PM   #1
dawndichaelsdulkdoganDret

Hillary Clinton or obama for President 2012??? 2016???

Ms Clinton has the second highest position in the Us. Secretary of State.
dawndichaelsdulkdoganDret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:40 AM   #2
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
No she doesn't, I dont suppose you've heard of the VICE President? Also remember a president can only serve 2 terms in office, not 3.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:43 AM   #3
HellforgedX

I believe it's actually Mrs. Clinton, as she is married.
And do we have to pick from those two? I'll keep my job, my money, my healthcare, my cloves, and my guns - you can keep the change.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:00 AM   #4
dawndichaelsdulkdoganDret

that was Bill Clinton whom was president for 2 terms 8 years...
Hillary has not ever been President before.
dawndichaelsdulkdoganDret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:11 AM   #5
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawndichaelsdulkdoganDret View Post
that was Bill Clinton whom was president for 2 terms 8 years...
Hillary has not ever been President before.
I was talking about Obama. Either way though I think Hillary isn't president material, she isn't dignified enough for the job, you heard how she yelled at a representative of another country because somthing simply got lost in translation. We don't need a president who loses her temper over every little thing, we already have enough trouble from presidents who remain calm.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:08 AM   #6
creature6

i don't think either of them are capable of running this country properly.
in that case what about if we bring back Hitler from the dead to put some order???????????
creature6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:06 AM   #7
Ctable

It doesn't matter who is president. They're all the same. Last time a Prez actually changed the country was Washington, Lincoln, FDR, maybe Reagan.
If presidents actually DID what they said they'd do, picking from just those two, it'd be Obama.
Ctable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:13 PM   #8
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctable View Post
It doesn't matter who is president. They're all the same. Last time a Prez actually changed the country was Washington, Lincoln, FDR, maybe Reagan.
If presidents actually DID what they said they'd do, picking from just those two, it'd be Obama.
"'sup Kennedy?"
"Nothin', just chillin', certainly not spearheadin' the civil rights movement, tacklin' the Cuban missile crisis, greatly increasin' the federal government budget and proposin' the moon landing."

By the way, I like how you're like "the last time a president changed the country was Washington, Lincoln, FDR, maybe Reagan" as though these were all successive presidents, rather than spanning centuries and showing that the basis for your less than astute political commentary is pulling names you heard on the TV in that documentary about American history one time out of the large ignorance hat.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:27 PM   #9
PortraitOfSanity

Every president changes the country for better or for worse. To think any differently is ignorance.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:21 PM   #10
Ctable

I guess I didn't emphasize that I was talking about HUGE GARGANTUAN MOTHERFUCKING CHANGES. On that note, I guess I should take out Reagan. =/

Also, I've spent the last eight or nine years of my life studying history in general, of course that includes presidential history.
Ctable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:56 PM   #11
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctable View Post
I guess I didn't emphasize that I was talking about HUGE GARGANTUAN MOTHERFUCKING CHANGES.
So all presidents are useless and the same unless they implement a fucking New Deal or are instrumental in the founding of the country?
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:03 PM   #12
PortraitOfSanity

Yea, cause the cause the Cuban Missile Crisis, World War I and the Louisiana Purchase were just blips on the fucking radar, right?

Also, Ctable, you're losing an argument on American history to a Brit.

Just thought I'd point out the irony...

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:16 AM   #13
ape descendant

I am not sure if Mr. Obama is going to have a job next term, this Healthcare Reform bill seems to be one of those things that will help to determine it.

I'm just hoping that we don't end up with Sarah Palin... *shudders*
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:51 AM   #14
Ophelia's Snorkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellforgedX View Post
I believe it's actually Mrs. Clinton, as she is married.
And do we have to pick from those two? I'll keep my job, my money, my healthcare, my cloves, and my guns - you can keep the change.
Holy Christ, yes! Unfortunately, I don't expect the Republicans to respect those wishes any more than the Democrats do. I know a third-party candidate hasn't got a chance in hell of getting elected, but I vote for them anyway - not voting at all only sends a message of apathy or complacency. And there's no way I can vote for a member of either of the two dominant parties. I honestly believe their unspoken motto for the public is "divide and conquer".