Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 02-08-2006, 07:13 AM   #1
Deviant Kitten

Hellooo from Deviant Kitten!

Hiya, I've been hanging around here reading posts for a little while now so I thought I might as well introduce myself. My name's Deviant Kitten, but you can call me Kitten for short (or Deviant, or Bitch, whatever LOL) I'm 23 and I live in the UK with my boyfriend and our scary black cat Raven.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I'm a waitress at the moment, but I tend to drift from job to job every few months. What I really want to do for a living is draw or write - nothing can beat the feeling of creating something! When I'm not working I'm usually: drawing and writing, listening to music, getting x-rated with my boyfriend, spending time with friends, taking a candlelit bath, losing myself in a book, watching scary films, going to a gig, going for a moonlit walk and star-gazing, curling up with my cat and listening to him purr, going shopping for CDs and clothes and books, babysitting my boyfriend's little boy and painting crazy pictures with him, wasting hours on the playstation or internet.

2. Where are you from?
Winchester (the English one) originally, but I left home at 18 and moved to the Midlands.

3. Who is your favorite author?
Sorry, you're not getting a shorrt answer here! ;-) I love: Anne Rice, Hanif Kureishi, Terry Pratchett, J.R.R. Tolkien, Baudelaire, Byron, Jane Austen, Shakespeare, Poppy Z Brite, H.P. Lovecraft, Philip Pullman, Emily and Charlotte Bronte, Clive Barker, Stephen King, Anais Nin, Aldous Huxley, Michael Crichton, Kate Atkinson, Bill Bryson, Walter Tevis, George Orwell - and my beloved childhood favourites: Diana Wynne Jones, Roald Dahl and Margaret Mahy (not forgetting J.K. Rowling, who brings back the magic of childhood stories for all us oldies!)

4. What are your favorite films?
Interview With The Vampire; Nightbreed; The Crow; Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon; A Nightmare Before Christmas; Kill Bill; The Lord of The Rings trilogy; Sleepy Hollow; Pirates of the Caribbean, the Alien series; Fight Club; American Beauty; Ginger Snaps; Battle Royale; Labyrinth; Hellraiser 1 and 2; Jurassic Park; The Matrix trilogy; The Silence of the Lambs; Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence; Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory; the Harry Potter series; the original Star Wars films; Monty Python films; well-made period dramas. Oh, and I agree with FromTheHallow and Xnguela that Amelie rocks! :-)

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Hmm... some elegant classical music I think. I grew up listening to my dad's classical records so I love listening to Mozart and Beethoven etc.

6. At your funeral?
Just to be perverse, something sarcastically morbid by Type O Negative *evil grin* Or maybe 'Should I stay or should I go?' by The Clash LOL ;-)

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
That depends on whether it's a natural death, accidental death or suicide. If I were to die naturally I think the best way to go would be as an old lady, sitting in a comfortable chair by a blazing fire and drifting gently away listening to my favourite music. For an accidental death I'd want to be parachuting and have my chute not open - imagine the head rush if you pulled the cord and nothing happened!! *eek!* I've never actually been parachuting yet, but I'd love to try it. If I were sick of life I'd commit suicide by lying in a warm bath, surrounded by candles and atmospheric music, and slit my wrists (and ankles to make sure) so that I could ebb away slowly with no hope of redemption (it'd be so awful to chug a load of pills and wake up the next day in hospital on a drip!!) Damn, I think about this waaay too much! ;-)

8. What kind of casket would you want?
A Dracula style, satin lined old-fashioned coffin.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
I mostly just slob around in black trousers and a black or purple top with my chunky boots, but if I were to get dressed up it would have to be in a corset and beautifully long, full skirt - teamed with a gorgeous pair of buckled boots! I love boots; collecting unusual styles is one of my obsessions :-)

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
The lack of inhibitions and self-consciouness. The way adults encourage your creativity. The freedom to live in your own fantasy world, surrounded by magic and spirituality. Oops, that's three things!

11. What's your favorite band?
I love music by: The Sisters of Mercy, Cradle of Filth, Nine Inch Nails, The Cure, Placebo, PJ Harvey, System of a Down, David Bowie, Nirvana, Pixies, Smashing Pumpkins, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Bauhaus, Nile, Akercocke, Emperor, The Distillers, Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedys, Massive Attack, My Chemical Romance, Radiohead, Iggy and The Stooges, The Velvet Underground, Sigur Ros, (early) Manic Street Preachers, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Type O Negative, HIM, The Misfits, Amen, My Bloody Valentine, Mozart.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I dropped out of college due to depression/teenage angst etc etc... I'm hoping to take an art course soon though.

13. Why did you join?
To chat to you lovely people! *bats eyelashes* :-D

~ Wei Hui
Deviant Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 07:40 AM   #2
Wise Child

Welcome, Deviant! You seem literate and intelligent. Please stay!

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 07:45 AM   #3
WolfMoon

Much as I love TON, I'd say go with The Clash for the funeral.

WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 07:47 AM   #4
Wise Child

I shoulda gone for Another One Bites the Dust in my own intro - damn, why didn't I think of that at the time?! I forgot Freddie. I am not fit to live. *flaggelates self*

Old 02-08-2006, 08:13 AM   #5
Deviant Kitten

Hiya Wise Child, WolfMoon and Xnguela, thanks for the welcome :-)
Wolfmoon, I've got the strangest image in my head of The Clash playing at my funeral, and me climbing out of my coffin and walking off - "I've changed my mind, sod this!" LOL!

'If I go there will be trouble... if I stay there will be double!'

~ Wei Hui
Old 02-08-2006, 08:15 AM   #6
Deviant Kitten

I've just read your sig Wise Child - love it! *grin*

~ Wei Hui
Old 02-08-2006, 08:16 AM   #7
Wise Child

*snickers at image of the faces on the mourners when the corpse says "bugger this" and struts off*

I change my vote. What about The Jam, Going Underground.

Old 02-08-2006, 08:17 AM   #8
Wise Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant Kitten
I've just read your sig Wise Child - love it! *grin*
Why thank you! *proffers catnip as reward*

Old 02-08-2006, 08:20 AM   #9
Deviant Kitten

*purrs*
Have you got any chocolate flavoured catnip? :-D

'Going Underground' is a good one - we should start a thread about comical funeral music LOL

~ Wei Hui
Old 02-08-2006, 08:36 AM   #10
Deviant Kitten

Any suggestions guys?
How about some Misfits songs? "Die, die my darling' or 'Death comes ripping' would certainly raise a few eyebrows! Or if you wanted to make everyone completely miserable, an uplifting little number from Radiohead would do the trick - something like 'Exit Music (For a Film)'...

I hate sentimental and reassuring funeral songs - let 'em all weep! *evil grin*

~ Wei Hui
Old 02-08-2006, 08:38 AM   #11
Deviant Kitten

Aarrgh!!! Not the strait jacket again!! I promise not to bite....

*giggles insanely*

~ Wei Hui
Old 02-08-2006, 08:39 AM   #12
Wise Child

The Wedding March. Just to see everyone look around all flustered for a few seconds, thinking they've got the wrong church.

Old 02-08-2006, 08:40 AM   #13
Wise Child

Got you covered, eyes - you sit on her and I'll do the needle. *looks around* Where's Needled? She'd be handy - she can pull her weight too, dammit! The more hands the better. This one seems scrappy.

Old 02-08-2006, 08:40 AM   #14
Deviant Kitten

Mwaahh hah hah!! Good one, Wise Child *grin*

And thank you for the welcome by the way, eyesofatragedy!

~ Wei Hui
Old 02-08-2006, 08:42 AM   #15
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Child
Got you covered, eyes - you sit on her and I'll do the needle. *looks around* Where's Needled? She'd be handy - she can pull her weight too, dammit! The more hands the better. This one seems scrappy.
You'd better believe it! I've been known to fight off three whitecoats at a time ;-)

~ Wei Hui
Old 02-08-2006, 08:52 AM   #16
Wise Child

*rolls up sleeves* Sounds like a challenge...

Old 02-08-2006, 08:57 AM   #17
angel_dark_demon_bright

First off,
Deviant Kitten, Welcome.

Second, Arent we supposed to introduce ourselves some other place? or did i miss something?
angel_dark_demon_bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 09:05 AM   #18
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Child
*rolls up sleeves* Sounds like a challenge...
Eeek! *runs away* Nyah nyah, can't catch me! ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_dark_demon_bright
First off, Deviant Kitten, Welcome.
Second, Arent we supposed to introduce ourselves some other place? or did i miss something?
Thanks for the welcome! Umm... I'm in the Introductions thread so I assumed this was the right place! *looks confused*

~ Wei Hui
Old 02-08-2006, 09:28 AM   #19
angel_dark_demon_bright

Sorry, guess i did miss that part.
angel_dark_demon_bright is offline   Reply With Quote