Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:05 PM   #1
Joker_in_the_Pack

Minimalist Thread Design.

Bullet Belts. Discuss.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:39 PM   #2
Solumina

They can look awesome but generally aren't worth the price unless you make them for yourself
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:53 PM   #3
Joker_in_the_Pack

Somehow, I don't think I can get too many non-working M16 .223 bullets for $30 plus the gunmetal links to hold them together.

I love Crustpunks.com
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

Old 09-11-2008, 05:03 PM   #4
gothicusmaximus

Wearing clothing that evokes guns or bullets makes you look like a tool struggling futilely to seem hardcore. How you dress communicates your personality to others, and as far as I'm concerned wearing gun paraphernalia will never say anything beyond "HAHA FIREARMS GO BANG. I HAET MY MOM I WISH I COULD SHOOT HER WIT A BANG BANG GUN".
Guns aren't cool because they're guns. Guns are cool when wielded by Dirty Harry. Did Dirty Harry wear some shitty belt studded with fake plastic shells? No.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 05:05 PM   #5
Splintered

How many bullets do you need, and what type do you need? (I.E. plastic dummy, empty casings, drilled out shells?)

You can get 5 dummy bullets for $5 from Magpul : http://www.magpul.com/catalog/index....d7e2d7cbda64d9

Appearantly these guys sell a chain of the stuff: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...609690-3220028

Looks like the same thing here: http://www.gunsamerica.com/976703128..._Ammo_Belt.htm 100 rounds for exactly $30.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:15 PM   #6
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
Wearing clothing that evokes guns or bullets makes you look like a tool struggling futilely to seem hardcore. How you dress communicates your personality to others, and as far as I'm concerned wearing gun paraphernalia will never say anything beyond "HAHA FIREARMS GO BANG. I HAET MY MOM I WISH I COULD SHOOT HER WIT A BANG BANG GUN".
Guns aren't cool because they're guns. Guns are cool when wielded by Dirty Harry. Did Dirty Harry wear some shitty belt studded with fake plastic shells? No.
http://www.crustpunks.com/product_in...roducts_id=102

They're actual bullets mate.
You ever think that maybe I like the aesthetic of brass bullets as a belt?

Clothing is nothing more than the combined interests of a persons aesthetics. You wear fishnet shirts and a cape, what does that say of your personality? Nothing, other than you like capes and fishnet shirts.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:19 PM   #7
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack
They're actual bullets mate.
You ever think that maybe I like the asthetic of brass bullet as a belt?
They're dummy bullets, but that's generally irrelevant to what I was saying.
Yes, I assume you do like the aesthetic, and I have no authority to forbid you from wearing such an article, though I retain the right to believe you look like a tool while doing so.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 05:23 PM   #8
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
They're dummy bullets, but that's generally irrelevant to what I was saying.
Yes, I assume you do like the aesthetic, and I have no authority to forbid you from wearing such an article, though I retain the right to believe you look like a tool while doing so.
Fair enough.

It's my general liking of military items such as M16 bullet belts, camoflauge, and combat boots being combined with lots of patches/shirts of an anti-authoritarian punk nature. The dichotomy of it all I find enjoyable.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:26 PM   #9
Cicero

Bullet belts were the inspiration for the bone belt I'm currently stringing together (since bones are so much more HARDCORE than bullets, yeah!). I haven't got enough little leg bones to finish it yet =[

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote