Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Shill
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Shill Post your website announcements here. Anything that is blatantly SPAM (nigerian schemes, make money fast, etc) will be deleted. Actually, we'd probably keep the nigerian schemes around to make fun of it.

Old 04-10-2006, 01:48 PM   #1
MrGranger

Comic Book Based On True Life Elderly Serial Killers

FYI...anyone here interested in a sneak peek to review the first issue? I have two books I've worked on that I'd love to get reviewed. Thanks.

King Tractor Press is releasing the first issue of Family Bones in May 2006. The first in an on-going series based on the Copeland murders.

(PRWEB) April 10, 2006 -- King Tractor Press announced today that the first issue of their series Family Bones will be released in May 2006. In the first chapter of Family Bones, rebellious teen Sean is shuttled from one family member to the next, finally landing at the farm owned by his elderly Aunt and Uncle. There, the city boy must quickly adapt to the rigors of farm life. Sean must also adjust to the emotional and physical abuse that Uncle Ray visits upon his wife and nephew. Family Bones is based on a true story about teenage angst, family secrets, and murder on a small Midwestern farm.

Based on actual events, it's the story of the elderly serial killers Ray and Faye Copeland as seen through the eyes of their unwitting nephew who stays with them one summer.

"I know this is going to be a series that readers will either love or hate. A lot of people might hate the idea of the story without even reading it" the writer Shawn Granger said. "We've been featured in Bizarre Magazine, Wall Street Journal's Editorial page, and others. I noticed right away that some of our critics were quick to judge our motives, but they haven't read the books so I don't put any stock in what they say. The few people who got a very early preview have loved Family Bones."

"Family Bones is unique in it's mix of horror, romance, and coming-of-age genres. I think readers will be shocked to find out that it's not some blood and gore story, there's a lot more layers here" Mr. Granger told a fan.

Orlando Baez, the artist on Family Bones Chapter 1 is very comfortable with dark stories. He's best known for his work in horror comics. Orlando said "'Family Bones' is a dark & gritty story. It's interesting and real and because of that I want to pencil and feed the story in a rough, scratchy style."

He is joined by the inker Kenneth Landgraf, whose resume includes many A-List comic book titles, including Wolverine, Superman, Hawkgirl, Nightwing, and Conan from both DC and Marvel studios.

Family Bones #1 will be available in May for a $3.50 cover price. You may preorder the book at our website at www.kingtractorfilms.com and currently distributed through www.dimestoreproductions.com. King Tractor Press encourages readers to ask their local retailers for a copy.

Family Bones Chapter 1
Writer: Shawn Granger Artist: Orlando Baez & Kenneth Landgraf

Mature Readers
32 pages
Full Color Cover, 32 pages B&W
Retails for $3.50
Shipping in May
MrGranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 02:04 PM   #2
tenet_2012

Shill!!!!!!!!!!

--Geisha