Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 05-05-2005, 06:46 AM   #1
creepylittleshit

REVENGE

Ever gotten real good revenge on someone? If so how?
creepylittleshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 06:54 AM   #2
MrMaelstrom

Oh, sure. I tell you, and next thing you know I'll have cops digging up my backyard looking for the corpses. I don't think so.
You know how much time and trouble it takes to keep a decent flowerbed?
And it would seriously piss me off to witness the meaninglessness of it all, as I dumped the bodies in the river.

What?
Old 05-05-2005, 07:00 AM   #3
MrMaelstrom

On a lighter note, an acquaintance of mine found out his gf cheated on him. He really liked her.

Not letting her know he knew, he went to her house and made love to her one last time. As he walked out afterwards, he left on her dresser a red rose and 5$.

I think it was a reasonably good revenge.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:04 AM   #4
drgnlvr

I generally don't.

Mind you, I'm not taking the high-road, here, and saying revenge is wrong. I have had occasion to want to get revenge on someone in the past. But Karma is a cold-blooded bitch, and she usually takes her due in an appropriate manner. I just sit back and watch.

I guess the old adage is true. The best revenge on your enemies is to live well.

Another thing is (in my opinion), taking an active role in exacting revenge shows that the person hurt you, and still matters. So in a sense, the best revenge is to not let them matter.

Any emotion you feel toward someone who is worthy of revenge is an indication that they still matter. They still have some power over you. Complete and utter disinterest in them ends that control and power.

I'm not saying that a grievience should not be addressed. If someone wrongs you in some way, you take appropriate action, whether to file charges, or sue, or whatever. Everyone must pay the consequences of their actions. That's a given. Whether through the law, or by Karma.

But to take an action just to "pay-back" a person (which is all revenge is, IMO), is not necessary. And it just puts you down to their level.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:19 AM   #5
MrMaelstrom

"Don't believe in Goldman, his type's like a curse
instant karma's gonna get him
If I don't get him first"
U2

When I exact my vengeance upon someone, I belive I AM karma.

I'm karming to get you...

Karma Karma Karma Karma Karma Chameleon you come and go.... (God I hate the Culture Club)
Old 05-05-2005, 12:31 PM   #6
WolfMoon

^ HA HA!
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 12:58 AM   #7
ghostposts

Revenge takes planning and emotional distance. I get that pissed, I don't step back or slow down long enough.

I miss out on a lot of fun that way.
ghostposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 03:14 AM   #8
creepylittleshit

No revenge? None whatsoever? I remember when I was younger there was nothing better than good old revenge.

I have since grown up and realised that there are consequences for my actions. I also realised that just because I'm angry, doesn't mean I should to cause harm to other people. It s only a self-gratifing ( ?spelling?)
act.

But on the other hand I have done some sick shit to people when they crosssed my path back in the day. I will not disclose this information for fear of ridicule.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:54 AM   #9
drgnlvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepylittleshit
No revenge? None whatsoever?
Nope. Waste of energy.

Never said I didn't -want- to get revenge, though. And I -will- address any grieviences in an appropriate way. But I don't bother with revenge.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:07 AM   #10
creepylittleshit

Ok. As long as knowbody tells me how sick they think I am!!!

I scrubbed my ass with more than one toothbrush.
(none of them my own of corse)

I pissed in someone's shampoo.

I pissed in someone's listerine.

Thats all I'm gonna tell anyone. You can tell why I was put away, I was a very angery child.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:03 AM   #11
Asurai

A country song around here, which I'm unfortunately forces to listen to daily, goes like so:

"She broke my heart, so I broke her jaw."

As to what I do for revenge, rather than do something which would invariably result in getting my ass kicked (I'm 115 pounds...), I tend to prefer snitching to the police that he/she is carrying X amount of some illegal substance in his truck, or a knife from their work.

You wouldn't believe how peaceful and quiet it is when most of the school bullies are in jail. Again.
Asurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 05:37 PM   #12
MrMaelstrom

Ya snitch...

Kidding. War has no rules and vengeance is mine, I usually say.

But I more often than not say: fuck it. I'd rather be smoking a joint; Karma will take care of him.

Karma is my 4-wheel-drive's last name.

Then there's always my cousins' car: Bad Karma (4X4 Silverado Chevy Blazer with monster wheels). :twisted:
Old 05-07-2005, 05:35 PM   #13
Jane13

Is anyone a fan of VNV Nation? (Victory Not Vengeance ha ha I made a funny.... in a way.. sorta) I'm not so big on revenge, but I tell you, it's a good plot device. Walling someone up in a Catacomb in Carnaval Season makes a good story, in my opinon. I think the that Fortunato somehow prevented Montressor from becoming a Mason, because at that one part in the story, he says his sign as a Mason is that spade or whatever as a joke, and Fortunato's all "Pfff.. you're not a Mason". I dunno. La la la la la.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 04:49 AM   #14
illuminatti

I agree with those who say that taking revenge on someone is lowering yourself in their eyes and showing that you still care. But that doesn't stop me from taking revenge whenever i need it ( want it, crave it!!!).
I suppose this is worse than being just stupid: knowing what would be best to do and still doing the opposite. That's just like me. Another reason o hate myself... or not. What matters to me when I am hunting someone down is the satisfaction of their suffering, how I feel afterwards doesn't matter much to me at the moment. All of my revenge stories...I could write a whole book about them. Two books. Honest.
But I, like all the others have done so far, will keep all those stories to myself... I will write them all down a half an houre before I die...so the police (and other criminal organisations) would have no one to lock up except for a corpse.
illuminatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 08:43 PM   #15
creepylittleshit

I would like to bring up another view point on revenge.

I think seriously we need revenge hungry sick-o s. You want know why??? Because there are some assholes who just won't get a clue and will continue to harm people until someone steps up and harms them back. I think if more people sought vengence there would be less dickheads floating around causing drama. There are way too many people who have no conscience what-so-ever.

I mean if you want to be stepped on, by all means continue being a pacifist under the illusion you're doing some thing wonderful by not fighting back.

But I know that every motherfucker who has stepped on me will think twice if they even contemplate trying it again. Maybe they will think twice before dicking someone else over too because of what I have done to them.

Yes I know there are laws to protect us from some of the cunts out there. The rest of them need a good kick in the pants!!!!
Old 05-24-2005, 09:01 PM   #16
cussedness

A close friend of mine is fond of saying that it takes two to make a war, but only one to make a massacre when the other side refuses to fight back. So I always fight back. I guess that means I'm all for a little bit of vengeance.
cussedness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 09:27 PM   #17
Corpus_Draconis

has anyone gotten or considered redress rather than revenge?

redress: To set right; remedy or rectify.
revenge: To inflict punishment in return for (injury or insult).

I admit the distiction could be rather fine, but, in my mind at least, there is one.

I think it's funny when someone shits on someone and the person who was shat on is just nicer to the shitter, just to throw them for a loop.
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.
Corpus_Draconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 09:38 PM   #18
creepylittleshit

Tried got, beaten for it.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:18 PM   #19
Morbideus

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepylittleshit
I would like to bring up another view point on revenge.

I think seriously we need revenge hungry sick-o s. You want know why??? Because there are some assholes who just won't get a clue and will continue to harm people until someone steps up and harms them back. I think if more people sought vengence there would be less dickheads floating around causing drama. There are way too many people who have no conscience what-so-ever.

I mean if you want to be stepped on, by all means continue being a pacifist under the illusion you're doing some thing wonderful by not fighting back.

But I know that every motherfucker who has stepped on me will think twice if they even contemplate trying it again. Maybe they will think twice before dicking someone else over too because of what I have done to them.

Yes I know there are laws to protect us from some of the cunts out there. The rest of them need a good kick in the pants!!!!
I agree completely. For the most part, I try and keep my ass covered at all times, so the need for revenge is rare.

It's a nice thought, the whole "don't let them know they got to you" but it's also bullshit. That only matters if you are not in a situation to do anything about it, or nothing was hurty but pride. It would be much more effective to make them regret ever even thinking about it. Most assholes don't know they are assholes until someone rubs their noses in it. (By assholes, I don't mean your run-of-the-mill jerkoff, I mean someone who really screws you.)
Morbideus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 04:15 AM   #20
illuminatti

I agree that one has to fight back. As some people here said, someone has to stop the ass-holes, because not showing that you are hurt and keeping your digmity will not do anything to them. So if it's an ass-hole that stepped on you - i say, beat him back!!!
But there are some people that could be hurt so much more if you just seem to not care and walk out "clean out of dirty water". Then that other person would feel poured over with shit. If that person cares about their dignity, that is...not many like that around.
illuminatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 02:26 AM   #21
TheBloodStillDrips

just egg the losers house and horror scream outside their window
oh and maybe chuck a few rocks on the roof, leave something nasty on the doorstep, maybe some graffitti (offensive stuff obviously) on the garage door and get some dog shit, put it in a bag and stick it in the mailbox always a classic
TheBloodStillDrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 02:29 AM   #22
TheBloodStillDrips

Wink

not that ive done that kinda that kinda thing
TheBloodStillDrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 05:49 AM   #23
Disfunction

I'm not much for revenge anymore. In the past I'd done a few things. Not really worth it now to mention any of them as none were profoundly well-thought. I'm too honest and blunt a person to really bide my time if someone pisses me off. I take it to them with words, and if words aren't enough, I'll usually walk away. Usually.
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 10:58 AM   #24
rockandrose

Revenge will only be an artifical remedy for my anger and an unnecessary ego boost. I feel there is no need to take that path.

Then again, until I have a solid reason that would make me think different.

We are only human to think about revenge or to had done it ourselves.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:05 PM   #25
Tall One In Black

I would consider redress to set right what had been made wrong.

Revenge, however, is self-destructive. Plotting ways to hurt other people is not how I want to spend my time and energy. I believe that people get back what they send out, even if sometimes it's not immediate.

The person who hurt me the most in my life is now lonely, miserable and pathetic... all due to his own actions.