Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:44 AM   #26
CuckooTuli

That’s nice of you, HP, but implying others should respect grief they couldn’t possibly have even known the existence of, while failing to show any respect for them in return, just screams arrogant self-entitled attention seeker. Admittedly, grief can lead us to out of character responses; however since various other posts of hers reinforce this impression, personally I see no reason to give her a pass on this one. She has posted in this thread since; she could easily have apologised if in fact it WERE out of character for her to react so unreasonably.
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:40 AM   #27
Versus

I don't blame her. It's not like I haven't done it before. I think that only a week ago I bit G's head off for something similar.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:53 AM   #28
CuckooTuli

Did you apologise once you realised you'd reacted unreasonably? Either way, being prone to the same fault yourself doesn't make it less of a fault just because you're not a dick to people as a rule.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:27 AM   #29
Versus

I'm sure I did, but I don't explicitly remember.

And I'm not saying that it's alright. What I'm saying is that I do it too, so I can't be judgemental about it. Honestly, I think you two are just looking for an excuse to jump her shit because she was being a dick earlier.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:38 AM   #30
CuckooTuli

I can honestly say I have no interest in following people around and picking on them for shit they did in the past. I responded to her in this thread, because she pulled a dick move in this thread. That's it.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:43 AM   #31
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
I'm sure I did, but I don't explicitly remember.

And I'm not saying that it's alright. What I'm saying is that I do it too, so I can't be judgemental about it. Honestly, I think you two are just looking for an excuse to jump her shit because she was being a dick earlier.
You did apologize, Peaches.

It's not an excuse to jump this person's shit. We're just calling attention to the fact that they jumped HP's shit for no reason. And didn't apologize.

I apologize when I do fucked up shit on here. I expect the same from any other member of this community.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:46 AM   #32
CuckooTuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
You did apologize, Peaches.
I wasn't 100%, but I thought so.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:19 AM   #33
Lapin

My, my, I don't even need to be here for you lot to argue, do I?

Okay, let me elaborate.

Humane posted a picture. A picture I haven't seen in years, since the computer it was on was broken in the car accident. A picture of two boys who were my best friends in the whole world.

Both of them are gone now.

Humane posted a picture of me when I was, I think 17. My face is pretty in that picture. I look very nice.

I have scarring on my face now. They're not horrific, but they're not pretty, and I don't like them.

Is that Humane's fault?

No. But I don't want to see that picture, and I don't want it shared with people who don't know what it means.

And now you want to say that how I reacted was wrong.

Get the fuck over yourselves.

You have no idea how much it hurt when they were lost. You have no idea how much that picture hurts and how much I don't want to see it. I don't care if you think I was mean, or what the fuck ever you thought. That was my instant, knee-jerk reaction to that photo.

Get over it.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:12 AM   #34
Grausamkeit

Maybe when you are an adult you will come to realize that the baggage you carry shouldn't make you treat other people like shit for no reason.

I used to have problems like that when I was younger, as well. I can see where you're coming from, but it's not an excuse.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:32 AM   #35
Versus

Quote:
It's not an excuse to jump this person's shit. We're just calling attention to the fact that they jumped HP's shit for no reason. And didn't apologize.
But what about the other instances? The occurrence of that in this thread was relatively benign next to the others, I think, and I don't remember you two doing so there. I have a hard time even saying that it was an attempt at holding someone emotionally hostage.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:45 PM   #36
Grausamkeit

Versus, please spell out what you mean. I can't tell if you're trying to imply that we are picking on this person or what?

Old 11-18-2011, 12:53 PM   #37
Versus

What I mean is that I think you are using Lapin's response to HP as an excuse to confront her. I think this because you did not say anything in response to some of her other posts which I feel are more deserving of such a reaction.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:04 PM   #38
Lapin

Quote:
Maybe when you are an adult you will come to realize that the baggage you carry shouldn't make you treat other people like shit for no reason.
Bite me.

Quote:
I used to have problems like that when I was younger, as well. I can see where you're coming from, but it's not an excuse.
I didn't say it was an excuse. I said it was what I did.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:09 PM   #39
Grausamkeit

Quote:
What I mean is that I think you are using Lapin's response to HP as an excuse to confront her. I think this because you did not say anything in response to some of her other posts which I feel are more deserving of such a reaction.
Honestly, I was just going to ignore her until I read some of the shit she was posting in other areas. Then reading her response to a friendly and enthusiastic welcoming back from HP just got under my skin.

You don't whack a puppy in the face with a newspaper when they greet you at the door. That's obviously something only a complete asshole does. That's the way I saw her reaction to HP's greeting.*

*not that I see you as a 'puppy', HP, and certainly nothing bad meant by my terrible analogy.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #40
Versus

Quote:
Honestly, I was just going to ignore her until I read some of the shit she was posting in other areas. Then reading her response to a friendly and enthusiastic welcoming back from HP just got under my skin.
I kind of figured as much.

You want this, don't you? The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger. With each passing moment you make yourself more my servant.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:27 PM   #41
Grausamkeit

Quote:

You want this, don't you? The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger. With each passing moment you make yourself more my servant.

But I was going into Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!

Old 11-18-2011, 01:45 PM   #42
Versus

What I mean is that you shouldn't let it bother you. She obviously doesn't give a shit either way, so why get worked up over it?

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:23 PM   #43
Grausamkeit

Much wisdom you speak.....hmmmm......

Old 11-18-2011, 10:08 PM   #44
Ben Lahnger

These aren't the posts you were looking for.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:51 AM   #45
Corpsey

Move along.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:50 AM   #46
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:

*Uses force crush on your skull* Sorry I couldn't resist giving into the darkside. If you'd like I'll use some sith magicks and turn your body into something better.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 06:34 AM   #47
Grausamkeit

Ren, I don't think that last sentence is even possible.

Old 12-14-2011, 11:47 AM   #48
Mr.Doobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
My fellow Snarklings, let us be considerate: the photo brought back painful memories and she let me know it in a manner that indicated how painful it was to her. I personally take no offense from her comment knowing it was driven by pain. Let us try to start again and welcome her. She is one of us.
Ok, necropost cuz I haven't been here in awhile...

Could you be any more of an obtuse fuck?