Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-17-2012, 02:26 PM   #7826
ape descendant

Solumina, it will just be the wife and I this year, despite our short list we're still doing a ham and a turkey (which we'll be able to eat off of for weeks). My list of sides will be a bit shortened, gonna keep it short as that's the stuff that doesn't save very well. We might have pie, but that's only if the Mrs. makes it, as baking is not really my thing.

Batty, of course you're welcome but you may only fight the Mrs. if it happens in a kiddie pool full of warm popcorn.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:11 PM   #7827
BourbonBoy

What should we name this sploosh of bots? I'm honestly at a loss and tired of going from 1-13 on the front page listings and marking all of them as spammers to be honest.
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:44 PM   #7828
Solumina

Ah see I like the sides for sandwiches, especially the cranberry relish and mashed potatoes, so without them I won't eat much leftover turkey. I will also be having an additional guest for thanksgiving as I found out my friend was going to spend it alone so I'm really glad I opted for the slightly larger bird.

These bots are really too awful to stand so I'm probably just going to leave for a few days and hope they are gone by the time I come back.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:33 AM   #7829
Acharis

Oh god I know... there's even less readable content on Gnet than usual. :P
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:00 AM   #7830
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
Solumina, it will just be the wife and I this year, despite our short list we're still doing a ham and a turkey (which we'll be able to eat off of for weeks). My list of sides will be a bit shortened, gonna keep it short as that's the stuff that doesn't save very well. We might have pie, but that's only if the Mrs. makes it, as baking is not really my thing.

Batty, of course you're welcome but you may only fight the Mrs. if it happens in a kiddie pool full of warm popcorn.
Okay, but let the misses know that I'm more a lover than a fighter, so the fight will proclaimed a draw, so we can have our egos intact, while we make the buttery popcorn for the kiddie pool, where we will nap after your resplendant meal.

My friend's in hospital. Think she has meningitis

My spelling sucks tonight. My brain hurts - too many big words.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #7831
Jaye Jang

Sorry Acharis, for adding to the unreadable content. Right now I'm sort of bummed. I ordered a simple pumpkin pie from a very well known food delivery service (my parents swore by them). That and some of their very tasty ice cream. Hoped to have that to take over and surprise my family. Been waiting for over 2 weeks, and still no delivery truck. Multiple calls to the company and lots of lame excuses (and a few rude ones) later, now they tell me they might not be able to deliver until the 28th!! THAT'S 6 DAYS AFTER THANKSGIVING. So, what's the point. They told me today that the driver on my route is a temp and not familiar with the area, yada yada, and the soonest he can find and/or figure out where the place is at would be November 28th, and that they might not be able to get the delivery here until the 8th of December!! So, I cancelled the order. Granted, I know we don't live in the easiest place to find, but to take over a month to deliver a pumpkin pie just takes the cake and the ice cream, too -- not to mention the pumpkin pie !! (And, I could just taste that butter pecan ice cream. Sigh!)
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:32 PM   #7832
Fruitbat

Quote:

I've got flowers for wifey, a six pack of beer, a bottle of wine, some chocolates, anything else I need to bring to Thanksgiving? Oh can I bring a date? I'll have to find someone sophisticated and charming... hmmm... who to chose....

Old 11-21-2012, 02:16 AM   #7833
ape descendant

Awe batty, you're so adorable. I'd certainly love wine, chocolates and popcorn untainted by human flesh. No need to kill flowers, though.

Solumina, I love the shit out of cranberry sauce. I'm not sure how it works but its like +10 to deliciousness for turkey. Totally hear ya about the bots.. I've been trying to wait them out, myself.

Be Kind
Old 11-21-2012, 11:21 AM   #7834
honeythorn

My only boyfriend in the 30 years I have been alive has dumped me. he dumped me by text, today, just a day and a half after I got back from there. he seemed off all this weekend ( was fine the time before and all before that ) and now I know why. he said that the relationship was going nowhere and that we were holding eachother back. I think he meant that *i* was holding *him* back. I do not game. I do not participate in LARP (i have the wrong sort of personality for it , too nervy ) I am nowhere near as intelligent as he is, I know fuck all about physics or politics, and am basically nothing like any character in the Big Bang Theory. I am overweight ( more than when we met due to this implant ) and clearly he has aimed beneath himself.

Basically I am thick as shit and holding him back in life. I am not who he expected me to become in nearly 3 years.

Here's to the next 27 years of being alone.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:09 PM   #7835
OverCaffeinated

hey, I turned 31 in May, and I'm on my second romantic relationship.... ever. It just means we are a bit more particular. if he feels you are holding him back...well, from what exactly? How? If he's really the kind of guy to use his girl as an excuse for his own failure or lack of success, or is stupid enough to judge a person by the type of "intelligence" you are describing, then I say good riddance!

And by the way, at 3 years looks really have nothing to do with it, and even if they did, you are stunningly beautiful.

He's just being a dumb ass. Even "smart" guys are occasionally. He'll either come to his senses or continue being an idiot, either way, I think any girl would be better off without somebody who is so shallow.
OverCaffeinated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #7836
Miss Absynthe

HoneyThorn.. I'm sorry that you're going through this. Break-ups suck arse.

But really, fuck him. And not in that good healthy sexy way. No, I mean like with a chainsaw, or something.

Maybe a cactus.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #7837
Versus

I must have missed the part where there is such a thing as an invalid reason to break up with somebody. Or does that only apply for ourselves?
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:06 AM   #7838
CuckooTuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
I must have missed the part where there is such a thing as an invalid reason to break up with somebody. Or does that only apply for ourselves?
Resonating so much right now. Yes, amazingly, to some people, one partner's misery within a relationship is not a valid reason to end it.

I've now learned that whatever their reasoning and however they spin it to themselves & others, these people are always fucking narcissistic dickholes, and should be despised as such. Although it's probably a lesson no one else really needs given how bloody obvious it is to everyone who isn't currently a fucking mug... :s

Honeythorn - it sounds like you're bringing a lot to the break-up besides the guy's actual motives... if I may be so bold, not wanting to be in a relationship with someone doesn't happen because they're dumb and worthless and beneath you, it most often seems to happen because there are ways in which you just don't gel. If he thought you weren't "good enough" for him, he wouldn't have been with you in the first place, right? From what you've actually said, it sounds like you simply didn't have much in common. It's only natural for that shit to knock your confidence, but hey, don't take it as conclusive proof that he thinks you're a worthless human being.

Also, it is your friends' civic duty to get you falling-down drunk and tell you how awesome you are.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:00 AM   #7839
BourbonBoy

This ^^^^

Now is the time to head out with your friends, light a bonfire and toss everything he gave you into it while you get sloppy pissed. Trust me, the feeling's quite liberating and final when you look at the simmering ashes.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:09 AM   #7840
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BourbonBoy View Post
This ^^^^

Now is the time to head out with your friends, light a bonfire and toss everything he gave you into it while you get sloppy pissed. Trust me, the feeling's quite liberating and final when you look at the simmering ashes.
Eh, I wouldn't advise tossing the laptop thought, she does need one. Not to mention I think the labels on laptop battery packs are quite clear about how well fire mixes with lithium batteries.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:37 AM   #7841
BourbonBoy

Aside from the laptop then. I didn't know he bought her computer.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:01 AM   #7842
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
Resonating so much right now. Yes, amazingly, to some people, one partner's misery within a relationship is not a valid reason to end it.

I've now learned that whatever their reasoning and however they spin it to themselves & others, these people are always fucking narcissistic dickholes, and should be despised as such. Although it's probably a lesson no one else really needs given how bloody obvious it is to everyone who isn't currently a fucking mug... :s

Honeythorn - it sounds like you're bringing a lot to the break-up besides the guy's actual motives... if I may be so bold, not wanting to be in a relationship with someone doesn't happen because they're dumb and worthless and beneath you, it most often seems to happen because there are ways in which you just don't gel. If he thought you weren't "good enough" for him, he wouldn't have been with you in the first place, right? From what you've actually said, it sounds like you simply didn't have much in common. It's only natural for that shit to knock your confidence, but hey, don't take it as conclusive proof that he thinks you're a worthless human being.

Also, it is your friends' civic duty to get you falling-down drunk and tell you how awesome you are.
Word. Best advice my mother ever gave me was during my first break up, she said "don't go looking for reasons, because you'll never be satisfied." Its sucky, it hurts, but once someone's decided the relationship isn't working there isn't much you can do.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:07 PM   #7843
Jaye Jang

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
...Here's to the next 27 years of being alone.
HT, Cheer up, luv. With your looks, the likelihood that you're going to spend the next 27 years alone is slim to nonexistant. Did he actually say all that stuff to you? If so he sounds like a wanker and not worth losing any sleep over. If not, and you're just feeling bummed just go back and read all the posts where folks here tell you you're drop-dead gorgeous and then remember it's his loss. Mkay?
Old 11-22-2012, 12:20 PM   #7844
Jaye Jang

My rant. Today's Thanksgiving and everybody in my family had to work different shifts today, so we were kind of like ships passing in the night. So much for spending Turkey Day with the family. Since we knew we were all going to have to work we ended up donating the turkey, etc., to a shelter home. But, I got to babysit after I got off work so my family could work and now I get to go take a nap. Yay. And dream about turkey -- which is probably less fattening anyway.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #7845
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
...the labels on laptop battery packs are quite clear about how well fire mixes with lithium batteries.
But I bet it looks pretty...
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:23 PM   #7846
ape descendant

HT, hope you get to feeling better soon. Break-ups bite.

Be Kind
Old 11-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #7847
Fruitbat

Quote:
Awe batty, you're so adorable. I'd certainly love wine, chocolates and popcorn untainted by human flesh. No need to kill flowers, though.

Solumina, I love the shit out of cranberry sauce. I'm not sure how it works but its like +10 to deliciousness for turkey. Totally hear ya about the bots.. I've been trying to wait them out, myself.
I'll buy you a voucher for a garden centre then instead, that way you can go plant shopping!

HoneyThorn - sorry to hear about your BF. You feel like shit, but you'll get passed him, and if you spend the next few decades alone, it doesn't matter. You are still awesome. And whoever said you need to be in a relationship to be complete?

The first breakup is always the hardest but by text - he should have had the balls to tell you in person.

**my rant*
My delicious beautiful rant. Was told we are to have a month without income. Not a solitary cent for the holiday period. how wonderful. Not entirely sure how I can trim my $60 wk food budget, without buying crap food.

Looks like christmas lunch will be baked beans on toast - I'll lash out and get some cheese to go with it. What a chef I am!

Old 11-23-2012, 09:50 AM   #7848
honeythorn

Thanks guys Trite and emo/boohoo as it sounds, it is honestly true that I am used to being on my own. I will cope. And I will keep the laptop. It's not new, his old one in fact that he fixed and installed a new hard-drive, new programs ect for me. He has another spare that he sometimes uses as well as his desktop.

I guess it was his idea of some sort of pre-emptive guilt present . Now he's got rid of 2 things he no longer wanted I supose.

Fruit... is that from work or something? How is that even legal? What exactly do they expect people to live on with absolutely no wages or income ?
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #7849
Catch

Ick, I've been thinking about the weird twists of emotions and support. It is weird. It is only four years after firmly deciding to go in to some kind of entertainment/blogging/art career and it is like everyone is waiting for something to happen, but I feel comfortable going on and as though a lot of progress was made. I don't know what people expect. This stuff takes a long time.

Anyway, guilt trips are difficult to navigate. Oddly complimentary comment from a cousin, "You're the only one in the family who could if it's possible," for whatever reason. That's supportive, yet I don't know, the overall feel is threatening. Are the stacks really that high? Really that high?
Old 11-24-2012, 01:41 AM   #7850
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
Thanks guys Trite and emo/boohoo as it sounds, it is honestly true that I am used to being on my own. I will cope. And I will keep the laptop. It's not new, his old one in fact that he fixed and installed a new hard-drive, new programs ect for me. He has another spare that he sometimes uses as well as his desktop.

I guess it was his idea of some sort of pre-emptive guilt present . Now he's got rid of 2 things he no longer wanted I supose.

Fruit... is that from work or something? How is that even legal? What exactly do they expect people to live on with absolutely no wages or income ?
Sweetie, glad to hear you are keeping the laptop. And there is a huge difference between being alone and being lonely. Plus I think you are clever, with all your taxidermy stuff. I'd be friggin' hopeless.

The Gods at Mr Bat's place of employment decreed that all contractors WILL have a month off over the xmas period. They did deem fit to give us three weeks notice, BUT when you are paid fortnightly, that's not a lot of time to squirrel away money.

Yes it is legal, if you are a contractor - so it's similar to being a casual where while you may receive higher rates, you also need to save $$.

They don't care about people and that's part of the problem. It woudl have been fine if they had told us six months ago about it, so we could have saved some money... sorry now i'm ranting and I only just managed to find my calm today, after spending five days shitting myself about having no money to live on for a month.

We will do it, just like we have done every other insurmountable thing in the past. One minute, one hour, one day at a time.