Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 09-14-2012, 12:37 AM   #1
FistsofFury

Angry ¿¿¿Nightmares you Remember??? (Official Nightmares Thread)

I'm talking real nightmares you've had while sleeping. Not fantasies or daydreams....conscious stuff.

=========================
Most of the time I dream in the first person, as in the camera is my head. I look down at my body I'm not outside of it.

-Alien Deer: When I was about 10 or so I had a dream that I was watching tv and the 11 o clock news was on. They were talking about an alien invastion and how the deer were being abducted and put back altered. Then it showed a grainy picture of a deer glowing green. I was freaked.

-Rock Star Hell: Couple years ago I had a dream that I knew I was dead in. Inside the dream I had a vague notion that I was no longer alive. I roamed around a night (black n purple with a huge full moon) sky with low hills and craggy green grass. It was like a vast graveyard with no headstones..just little stone walls here, benches there...Eventually I run into rocker Phil Lynott (Thin Lizzy). He tells me about how he heard me play and loves my songs. I tell him I grew up on his shit and he shows me around. Other dead rockers are around and they are all rotting. Their voices are fine but their bodies are falling apart and its like they don't even notice. We can't really remember our own songs and we can't remember how the songs go that we supposedly loved so much. I looked down at my fingers and they were rotting too. I was afaird they were going to break off if I clapped too hard...I was in no condition to play an instrument. None of us were. We were in ROCK STAR HELL.

[I'm not even close to being a rock star IRL]

-Ballroom shootout: over a year go I dreamt I was having a ball with my friends and family..my IRL friends and fam. Bout 100 people? We seemed older...we were dressed nice in a nice ballroom with significant others in pretty dresses and wine and crap. While eating dinner across the hall some fools pull out guns and start shooting. I heard lots of people screaming as I duck behind a frilly table. Then I feel a sharp pain in my stomach and the dream ends.

-Ripper: A few months ago I had a dream there was this guy hacking men to pieces and stuffing them in garbage bags. In the dream it looking liked late 70s American inner City. In the dream I kept hearing from people that are supposedly my friends about folk vanishing. Then a hacked body is found near my apartment. Then I'm drinking with some guy with candles in 'my' living room (I guess I'm gay and trying to fuck him?) and then some argument happens and I just get pissed and fly off the handle and stab the shit out of the guy!

When I go to the bathroom a look in the mirror shocks the fuck out of the 'real' me dreaming. I realize that I'm white! Like hispanic looking (olive skinned right?) with a thick moustache and cool hair. And I was the killer! A serial killer hacking up other gay men and dumping them in trash bags. Shouldn't I know I'm the killer? Shouldn't I have been able to tell I didn't have negro skin earlier in the dream? It was soooooo weird.

[I'm black and a non murderer. Also straight thankyouverymuch.]

*SHRUG*
FistsofFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:24 AM   #2
Miss Absynthe

She lays in her bed, fingers twitching slightly, curling as she dreams. The sweat beads on her forehead as the dream grows, becoming realer, more intense, more blurred into reality. It is dark. She’s safe. She knows that he is dead. But it is still dark. She gets out of bed silently and her fingers stretch out for the light.

Click.
Nothing. No bright electric shock stamped on her sight. No flare of light to chase away the demon.

Clickclickclickclick. Nothing.
Please… clickclickclickclick.
Darkness.

Silence and her fingers stretch out for the familiar weight of the broken baseball bat in the corner. The soft gasp slipping from her lips as a splinter from its shattered end stabs deep beneath her skin. Drawing blood. This wood has a habit of that. But she is safe because he is dead.

Click.
Click.
Darkness.

Silence.

She moves out of the room, quietly frantic as she darts from light switch to light switch.

Clickclickclick. Nothing.
Clickclickclick.

Silence.

A scream.

She sits straight up in her bed, her heart pounding loudly, racing from the dream. The sweat cools her forehead as the dream subsides. Becoming less real. Less intense. More blurred from reality. It is dark. She’s safe because he is dead.

But it is still dark.

She gets out of bed and stumbles to the light switch, trying to tell her body that she is safe. Her fingers fumble around and hit the light.

Click.
Nothing.
Nothing.
Nothing.

She runs to the corner and grabs for the familiar weight of the broken baseball bat. The soft whimper slipping from her throat as a thought from the dream stabs into her conscious mind. Drawing blood. Her dreams have a habit of doing that. Is she safe? Is he dead? She opens the door and frantically darts from light switch to light switch.

Clickclickclick.

She is not safe.
He is there.

She screams.

She wakes. This time for real. The scream still echoing in the dark room. The room. Her room. Becoming more real. Less dark.

This is reality. It is not dark. She is safe. He is dead.

And she isn’t.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:38 AM   #3
MissCheyenne

I have a reccurring dream that I'm stuck in a forest being chased by someone I can't see. I have to get to the middle of the forest but I don't know why or what's going to be there when I finally reach the middle. I get so far but the person behind me always catches up to me and stabs me in the chest. The dream always ends with me looking down on myself on the forest floor bleeding from the stab wound.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:24 AM   #4
Versus

Uh. No. Just no.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:35 AM   #5
FistsofFury

comeonnnnn Versus! Spill it!
Old 09-14-2012, 12:09 PM   #6
Murder.Of.Crows

I had this one nightmare where it started as a pretty pleasant dream. I was actually inspired by it to wright a short story of it after falling asleep on a plane.

Anyways, I was in a field alone, but the field was kind of like a friend to me. The grass was, in a way cradling me. But, i was sad, scared, and alone. This angel came down and started acting as a type of Virgil. She led me through a forest that I don't remember. But, I do remember standing outside the forest overlooking an ocean. Except it was made of blue marbles. I was walking across it and would look down to see golden marbles in the form of fish swimming underneath me.

Then the bad part. I made it to a city that looked like it was made out of onyx. At first it was pretty, but I got lost in it and my angel was nowhere to be found. I could hear low whispers coming from the corners of every building. As they got louder, I could understand what the words were. I didn't understand why I was hearing that word over and over. I was scared, so I started running frantically. I hadn't any idea where to. Just running. Then whatever was whispering started shouting and chasing me. I looked around to see grotesque monstrosities that I have yet to be able to recreate in drawing. Everything about them made me feel sick with fear. I was eventually caught and they carved into my chest the very word they were repeating.

I woke up in a panic to a guy shaking me to get off the plane.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:25 PM   #7
Blue_Ballerina

BTW Murder.of.Crows, that dream was very biblically inclined (sea of marbles i.e. sea of glass in heaven) very interesting.

Anyway, I keep getting a dream like this in various forms but the ending is always the same.
The day before yesterday was my most recent encounter with this dream and I only remember the ending because it scared the hell out of me.

I walked into this room and all of a sudden I am pinned to the bed on my back and I can't see what is ontop of me. It feels like there is something at the foot of the bed that is holding me down but at the same time it's on top of me. I feel hands touching all over my breasts as I'm screaming "NO! STOP! AHHHHH" Then it walks it's fingers around my genitals and starts playing with me. I keep screaming and trying to look to the foot of the bed to see what this thing is but my head keeps getting pushed down. Finally I push really hard against the force and I start to see the top of the entity's head. It is blue and bulbous like a huge ass! But as my head slowly moves upward it slowly shrinks until it is in the shape of a sphere, when I finally push myself up high enough, it looks like the planet Uranus (color and everything about the planet) floating on the edge of my bed. I ask it in my mind,"Who are you" "Pluto" it says. At this point I am confused because Pluto and Uranus look nothing alike. I force myself to sit up and I wake up.
When I woke up I was looking at these two planet like lanterns that were hanging above my bed and my body still feels like it had just been touched.
*shudder*
My first thought was it was sleep apnea, then an incubus...then post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) because the **** thing happens often, usually when I am between sleep and awake. Last time it was anal **** and each time I tried to stop it, it would get deeper. *sigh* but it goes away eventually when I force myself up.
Blue_Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:07 PM   #8
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Ballerina View Post
BTW Murder.of.Crows, that dream was very biblically inclined (sea of marbles i.e. sea of glass in heaven) very interesting.
Maybe it's more that the bible is dream-inclined?
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:46 PM   #9
Blue_Ballerina

haha. Well that would be redundant. A dream that is dream inclined.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:35 AM   #10
Murder.Of.Crows

I hadn't thought of my dream as having a biblical origin.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:52 AM   #11
Blue_Ballerina

don't know what it implies though.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:21 AM   #12
BourbonBoy

I'm in my desert combat uniform with combat gear wandering the streets of an unnamed, generic Victorian era city where the streets are dead in the middle of the night. I enter what looks like a pub (the name seems to change or is too blurred to read each time for some reason) and a hostess with deathly pale skin and waist length black hair welcomes me in and hands me my favorite alcoholic beverage and a copy the book I'm reading at the moment.

She leads me into an area marked VIP and when it opens up I see everyone I served with in Tikrit on one side of the room while the people I knew in Germany (where I was stationed at following Tikrit) sitting on another side, yet none of them are in uniform. On the dance floor are some of my ex-girlfriends and their friends dancing to music I can't hear.

I turn to speak to the bartender while placing the book I'm carrying on the bar and I realize that he's someone I should recognize, but I'm not sure where, and just as I ask him to light a cigarello (mini-cigar, from Colombia) the drink in my hand shatters and the book that's sitting on the bar catches fire which is about the time I wake up.
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:56 PM   #13
Blue_Ballerina

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourbonBoy View Post
On the dance floor are some of my ex-girlfriends and their friends dancing to music I can't hear.
lmao. I love the insanity of dreams and nightmares. How they make no sense what so ever but in the dream you are content that it makes some odd sort of sense. Whereas in reality you'd be thinking "wtf?"
Old 09-26-2012, 10:16 PM   #14
FistsofFury

This thread is good! I've noticed being unable to read written words during a dream is pretty common!
Old 10-18-2012, 07:02 PM   #15
Fruitbat

I'm caught by my ex, who kills everyone I love. He's having one of his psychotic breaks and he wants to revenge for me humilating him by leaving. I'd end up trying to grab a kitchen knife so I can kill myself, rather than put up with his torture, but he takes it off me and tells me I won't be so fortunate to have such an easy way out, then it all begins again, and I'm living the life I was 15 years ago.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:32 PM   #16
Drew Keaton

I dream about an accident I had my senior year in high school. I hit some trees skiing and broke my back. Only in this dream I die. I see myself die. I watch my brains ooze out. It's really horrifying.
Drew Keaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:17 AM   #17
BourbonBoy

That's pretty crazy Drew Keaton. Yikes!
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote