Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 12-01-2007, 09:23 PM   #1
electrosexual

Skirts for men

I was wondering do any men here wear skirts? And if so what websites would have good designs? Also, has anybody got any opinions/views on male skirts etc?
electrosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 10:17 PM   #2
Wormboy

It's not a skirt it's a kilt ^_^.

Haha I get enough transvestite jokes, so I stay away from the skirts outside of Rocky.

And by the way dude, looking at your picture... you're so cute. ^_^

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 10:36 PM   #3
electrosexual

Eeee Thank you!! ^^ Wish my eyes were bigger though *_*

But yah that's what I wouldn't want; looking like a baaad tranny.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:50 PM   #4
emeraldlonewoulf

We've had this thread several times before. But, even so, i love Utilikilts! I think they are probably the most masculine "skirt" out there today, at least with modern styling. Check 'em out.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:10 AM   #5
Wormboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrosexual
Eeee Thank you!! ^^ Wish my eyes were bigger though *_*

But yah that's what I wouldn't want; looking like a baaad tranny.
I have small eyes too. Eyeliner combats the problem nicely.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 04:46 AM   #6
honeythorn

If I am not mistaken...I think Kontan has a pic of him wearing a long man-skirt. Looked nice.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:56 AM   #7
electrosexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldlonewoulf
We've had this thread several times before. But, even so, i love Utilikilts! I think they are probably the most masculine "skirt" out there today, at least with modern styling. Check 'em out.
Thank you! That sites very interesting .. but I was thinking something more gothic, like along the lines of this
Old 12-02-2007, 08:13 AM   #8
KontanKarite

Mmm... my skirt is no longer super long like that. I turned it into a miniskirt. It rules. Good stuff.

Those long skirts can be sort of annoying, really.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:05 AM   #9
Nevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrosexual
I was wondering do any men here wear skirts? And if so what websites would have good designs? Also, has anybody got any opinions/views on male skirts etc?
I wish more men would wear skirts or kilts or whatever you want to call them. Guys in skirts are so fucking gorgeous...

Anyway - you might find ideas here:

http://www.dark-shop.com/index.jsp?kat=10104

I particularly liked these ones:

http://www.divine-darkness.com/catal...sort=2a&page=1

http://shrinestore.com/store/product...roducts_id=107

*ps I can't see your link because our firewall blocks it so I don't know if these even come close to what you have in mind sorry *

Alas! Must it ever be so?
Do we stand in our own light, wherever we go,
And fight our own shadows forever?
- Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Nevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:15 AM   #10
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Many a times have I contemplated wearing a skirt, course you gotta find the right skirt for you, something many trend snapping girls need to realise.

From what I can see of you I don't know if you'd like any good in a cyber skirt or a miltary/commando queen skirt, though possibly leather could suit you anyway.

Side splits are a god because they can be used to accent good tight fitting shorts, or pants tucked INTO (emphasis) boots.

And if all else fails , find a skirt you hate, detest or think is just plain ugly DIY it to hell and make it something that everyone will go ga-ga over and strut your stuff in a genuine Electrosexual piece!
Sir Canvas Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:26 AM   #11
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Sorry to double up on posts but darned thing said my editing time had expired so I thought I would add these extra things that I had missed in my above post.

In continuation with side splits I would also like to add that they can be used on both sides to create the beginnings of a modern on traditional chinese piece (Google "Chun Li" for a great base look)

Also a plain black skirt with doubel side spiits (read: both sides) could be used to create the base for a ninja styled piece that could easily resemble the style that modern animators often give to Kunoichi (female ninja) (Google "Mai Shiranui" for an example of typical anime ninja babe, but note specifically the outfit's layers and the back of the outfit, espcially the details)

My main point however is that when wearing any kind of clothing or accessory, that you make sure it is truly representing you!
Sir Canvas Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 08:23 PM   #12
Johnny Gnar Gnar

So I am a wearer of a kilt, most of the summer. A very un-goth kilt, as it is a olive drab Mountain Hardware hiking kilt. I have been known to wear it mostly with Chacos, also very ungoth, or combat boots if I am going to a show. I have decided to branch out, however. I have been looking at utilikilts and will probably purchase one if and when I have the money. My bigger question, is this. My best friend and my sister are getting married on the same day this summer. I am in both wedding parties, and will be wearing a tux to my sisters, and a kilt to my best friend's. Has anybody seen or heard of any traditional style kilts, for less than five hundred bucks? Everything I have found has been in the five hundred plus range. One of my problems is that my family's tartan is "rare" so I have been having to look at specialty shops. If that is a no, does anybody have any ideas for a dressier kilt? I saw that utilikilts makes one, and I may just go with that. Other question, does anybody have any ideas for snazzing up a rented tux? Thanks, and sorry to bring up a very, very old thread.
Johnny Gnar Gnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 09:46 PM   #13
Tea and Cake or Death

All I have to say is Men in skirts are always hot. Sir Canvas Corpsey gave some good advice.
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:31 AM   #14
drewsilla

I think you'll be forgiven, Johnny! As for dressier kilts, have you tried some of the medieval clothing sites? I bet if you scout around you might find one that would be close to your needs.
drewsilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:23 AM   #15
Jaye Jang

electrosexual,

Try checking out the web site for the Scottish American Society. There should be some links there. There is also Wee Bit O' Scotland's web site.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:41 PM   #16
Lady Ruthven

I'm a girl so I'm afraid I won't be very good at recommending websites etc. But I do think that guys in skirts are usually really hot, if that helps.
Lady Ruthven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:14 PM   #17
SoftShocks

I really don't know.
if only they made pencil skirts for gents...
SoftShocks is offline   Reply With Quote