Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 10-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
Blubomber

Need advice for a top with a black skirt (male)

I have a couple skirts I have purchased that I plan on wearing to a fetish night in the Boston Area this and next weekend. I am have alot of trouble finding a top that seems to just "go" with them. Any ideas?

The pic below is one thats more of a beach dress/light material and is about ankle length but I will be hemming it to alittle longer then Knee.

http://imgur.com/1tIgRPE

The other is a plain solid black skirt.

I should note that im kind of short (5'4) so male tops tend to be rather long on me.

Thanks!
Blu
Blubomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:25 PM   #2
Lady Ruthven

I find that black skirts are great bases for just about anything.

Something lacy/slightly see-through might go well with the lighter one. And I'm thinking a sparkly or studded top to jazz up the plain one a bit (although you could do that with jewellery too). If your eyes (or hair) are blue/green/any crazy bright colour, a top the same colour would probably work well. And corset tops are always a winner!

In terms of sizing, you could get men's tops and take them up a bit yourself, although I think women's stuff would probably be more like what you're looking for. If you're too big for girl sizes, there's some pretty nice plus-size stuff out there.
Lady Ruthven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:26 PM   #3
SoftShocks

A corset top would probably work best.
SoftShocks is offline   Reply With Quote