Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:25 PM   #1
Saya

Its apparently impossible to r@pe a woman in skinny jeans

Quote:
CAN a woman wearing skinny jeans be *****? Or are they so tight they can be taken off only with her consent?

These are some of the questions a jury asked before acquitting a Sydney man of sexual assault.

Nicholas Eugenio Gonzalez was accused of ****** the 24-year-old as she consoled him about breaking up with one of her friends.
The jury of six men and six women heard Mr Gonzalez, 23, had allegedly pushed the woman on to his bed, ripping off her size six skinny jeans and underpants before the attack.

In his defence, Mr Gonzalez, a navy cook, said the sex was consensual.

During the trial the jury sent a note to the judge asking for more information about ''how exactly Nick took off her jeans''.

''I doubt those kind of jeans can be removed without any sort of collaboration,'' the note read.

Courts in Italy and Korea have also grappled with the skinny jeans issue.

In 2008 a Seoul court overturned the seven-year sentence of a man convicted of ****** a woman wearing skinny jeans.

In the same year an Italian court upheld a **** conviction, ruling that "jeans cannot be compared to any type of chastity belt".

The woman had told the Sydney District Court she and Mr Gonzalez had met for drinks in April 2008 before going to his Surry Hills house to listen to music.

She said they had gone upstairs to his room so he could play his drums. He had pushed her on to the bed, placing his torso on top of her.

''I struggled to try to get up for a while and … then he undid my jeans and … he pulled them off,'' she said. The woman alleged he then ***** her.

Under cross-examination from defence counsel Paul Hogan, the woman said she weighed 42 kilograms and did not find it hard to squeeze in and out of her jeans.

''I'm suggesting it's difficult for skinny jeans to be taken off by someone else unless the wearer's assisting, collaborating, consenting,'' Mr Hogan said. ''I would disagree,'' she replied.

The chairwoman of the National Association of Services Against Sexual Assault, Veronica Wensing, said a woman's outfit should not be an issue in alleged rapes. ''Any piece of clothing can be removed with force.''
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/****-of-wo...0430-tzai.html

I don't know where to start. I mean, even if supposedly it was IMPOSSIBLE to take off skinny jeans without help from the person wearing them, since when does taking ones pants off mean "I consent to having sex with you."?

This utterly depresses me.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:56 PM   #2
Solumina

How would you possibly need the help of the person wearing skinny jeans to get them off? It isn't like there is some sort of internal clenching mechanism, you just unzip them, like any other pants. Sure they tend to get stuck on your feet but a little tug is all that is needed, plus pants around your ankles hardly offer any protection against penetration.

This confuses the hell out of me.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:35 AM   #3
Still Jack

Sounds like some people are confused about the mechanics of fucking.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:18 AM   #4
Ben Lahnger

This IS depressing. I am confounded to think a judge or jury thought a person could not have any article of clothing removed by force if the perpetrator is willing enough. If that was the sole reason the defendant was acquitted, it's a very damaging ruling. And it sounds like a throwback to the days when "She was asking for it" was an acceptable defense of r@pe.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:40 AM   #5
creature6

how many times do we have to watch innocent men doing time because the woman report to have been **** when in fact she was drunk and fucked the guy to in the end realise she did not wanted to fuck him in the first place.Pathetic revenge.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:04 AM   #6
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by creature6 View Post
how many times do we have to watch innocent men doing time because the woman report to have been **** when in fact she was drunk and fucked the guy to in the end realise she did not wanted to fuck him in the first place.Pathetic revenge.
um...that sounds like a guy taking advantage of a woman being drunk, which is ****, not revenge.

Also it is far more likely for someone to get away with **** than for someone to be sent to prison for it, let alone getting sent on false charges.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 05-01-2010, 09:15 AM   #7
creature6

Come on how many cases did you see going to court and they found out that the man was innocent after being interrogating in some cases and others after they did their time.
Think and do some reading before you discuss about it.
You don't know what you are talking about.
I do as i read and watch enough documentaries about it.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:29 PM   #8
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by creature6 View Post
Come on how many cases did you see going to court and they found out that the man was innocent after being interrogating in some cases and others after they did their time.
Think and do some reading before you discuss about it.
You don't know what you are talking about.
I do as i read and watch enough documentaries about it.
Actually, not many. Most of the time when I hear that there was acquittal is because of bullshit like "her jeans must have been too tight." or "she didn't say stop until halfway through when he got violent, but the damage was already done." or "she was a sex worker so she has no say in whatever happens to her." Acquittal is very common because no one cares. False accusations are rare, and are still a component of r@pe culture, not to spite it.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:27 AM   #9
CptSternn

Again with the hyperbole titling. It does not say anything about the courts believing him.

I mean, people go into court and claim they were controlled by aliens from space. In a court, there is decorum, they prosecution just can't say 'that is silly, what other defence do you have?', they have to legitimately challenge any strange nut-job defences just as they would a normal defence. They have to ask questions, and prove they are nut-jobs and the defence is silly, thats how court proceedings work.

To argue that some nut-job offered up a nut-job defence as proof positive that it is 'impossible to r@pe someone in skinny jeans' is the equivalent of saying aliens exist, because some nut-job mentioned them in a court room hearing.

No one has accepted that defence in this case, in Italy it was tried and thrown out (as it probably will be here as well), and per the Korea case, the article is lacking in other details of why their case was thrown out - I'm willing to bet there was more to it than this article states.

Also, for the record, I have attempted to remove jeans by force, with consent, and it is damn hard to do when you are on top of someone, skinny jeans or not. I'm not saying it is impossible, or a means of an adequate defence in a court hearing, but there is a bit of logic to this.

At the end of the day it will be other evidence which decides the case. A mere he said/she said is not enough to judge a case like this.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:09 PM   #10
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
Again with the hyperbole titling. It does not say anything about the courts believing him.
It does, it mentions he is acquitted and it was the jury who sent a note saying that there should be an explanation as to how he managed to get skinny jeans off. Again with you not reading the entire article, its getting annoying.

As for the alien, usually you can't prove a negative, I know in the cases of claims of insanity its the defense's job to prove it, not prosecution's disprove the claim when no evidence by the defense is presented. Only if the defense can provide evidence does the prosecution have to prove otherwise.

Quote:
Also, for the record, I have attempted to remove jeans by force, with consent, and it is damn hard to do when you are on top of someone, skinny jeans or not. I'm not saying it is impossible, or a means of an adequate defence in a court hearing, but there is a bit of logic to this.
Funny, no guy I've been with had a real problem with skintight clothes. My skinny jeans slip off without unbuttoning, its not really a hard thing to do.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:16 PM   #11
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post

Funny, no guy I've been with had a real problem with skintight clothes. My skinny jeans slip off without unbuttoning, its not really a hard thing to do.
you slut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:17 PM   #12
Saya

And how!

....I can only wish I was.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:17 PM   #13
DRM

Yeah, I've never had a guy have a hard time pulling my skinny jeans off me.
:/
Old 05-02-2010, 09:05 PM   #14
Solumina

My skinnies actually come off a good bit easier than most of my other pants, but Jake has never had an issue getting any of them off, even while on top of me. Perhaps Stern needs to work on his technique.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 05-03-2010, 01:12 AM   #15
Anarasha

I am baffled and in lack of words.
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote