Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 06-04-2006, 05:59 PM   #1
Diabolo

Introduction.

I'm not a sheep, so I'm not going to post the same s**t everyone else posts on their introductions.

My name is Luke. I'm 23. I'm from Norwich in the UK.
I don't "work" per se, but I earn my living as an amateur model and a website administrator.

Yes, the dreaded VampireFreaks.com. *cue groans from everyone reading the post*

I'm seriously into the Industrial/EBM scene and I'm currently building a business plan to open an Industrial club here in Norwich.

I'm an avid reader. Terry Pratchett is my favourite author, but I also enjoy historical crime (for example the Cadfael series).

I think that's enough for now, but feel free to ask anything else you want to know.
Diabolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 06:14 PM   #2
Godslayer Jillian

Oh, I'm a sheep?
I thought I was just answering the questions people were curious to ask about me. I thought I was being nice by answering to those questions.
But I suppose I was just an idiotic sheep. Not like this oh-so-powerful vampire freak.

Wait, we're both posting in english. We're posting in the same s**tty language everyone else posts. Non-conformist people like us cannot do this!

No conformistas deben hablar español, verdad? Diabolo, me haces sentir mejor conmigo mismo porque se que soy mejor que tu.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 06:22 PM   #3
Godslayer Jillian

If I asked nicely for you to answer the thirteen questions, would you answer them?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:25 PM   #4
Diabolo

Aggression from the start. Fantastic.

All I was doing was showing a bit of individuality. There was no hostility implied or intended in my post.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:25 PM   #5
Magpie_Tendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
If I asked nicely for you to answer the thirteen questions, would you answer them?
Does it matter? He came onto a new forum and insulted everyone who was polite enough to follow the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolo
Aggression from the start. Fantastic.
Yeah. You were aggressive. And in your very first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolo
All I was doing was showing a bit of individuality. There was no hostility implied or intended in my post.
You said that every member who had politely answered the set questions was posting "the same shit". How is that not hostile?
Old 06-04-2006, 06:30 PM   #6
Godslayer Jillian

It wasn't agression so much as sarcasm. You'll learn I sometimes am overly sarcastic, even when not needed.
But I would believe original answers to thirteen questions would show more individuality than one comment about the questions.
And, I don't want to sound critizicing (did I spell that correctly?) but the "sheep" reference is overly used, so it didn't really show that much individuality.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 06-04-2006, 06:32 PM   #7
Godslayer Jillian

Magpie, don't be too harsh. I'm talking to him in an objective point of view now.
Don't take this in a wrong way, but I directed that question to him.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 06-04-2006, 06:33 PM   #8
Diabolo

By "the same s**t" I was referring to the usual Q&As that everyone else posts.
I'm sure that with all the members that have ever posted introductions here you will have heard most generic answers, so I did something different. God forbid that I should do something so terrible.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:34 PM   #9
Magpie_Tendencies

Quote:
Magpie, don't be too harsh. I'm talking to him in an objective point of view now. Don't take this in a wrong way, but I directed that question to him.
No worries. I'll back off. No offense taken.

Quote:
critizicing (did I spell that correctly?).
It's spelt "Criticizing" sweetie
Old 06-04-2006, 06:35 PM   #10
Diabolo

Godslayer Jillian, thank you for actually talking to me, rather than at me.
Yes, I would be more than happy to answer the thirteen questions really, I was (as I've already said) simply avoiding the generic.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:38 PM   #11
Godslayer Jillian

To be fair, you already answered the "What's your favorite author?" and the "What do you like to do?"

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 06-04-2006, 07:07 PM   #12
Diabolo

Ok, out of sincere politeness, here are the questions and answers:

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
Pretty much already answered in the thread header.
2. Where are you from?
Also answered in the thread header.
3. Who is your favorite author?
Same again.
4. What are your favorite films?
I mostly watch comedies and sci-fi so The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy was a fantastic film from my point-of-view.
5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Love Song by Snake River Conspiracy.
6. At your funeral?
Angels by Robbie Williams.
7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Old and happy from natural causes.
8. What kind of casket would you want?
Recycled cardboard.
9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
Hmm...tough one. quite possibly this one:

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Getting away with (not literal) murder.
11. What's your favorite band?
Either Combichrist or Suicide Commando.
12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
We don't have majors in the UK. I'm educated to highscool standard, although I do have a Diploma in Antiques.
13. Why did you join?
Simply to sort out some misconceptions. Definately NOT to cause drama or start arguements.
14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
I am of the male persuasion.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:09 PM   #13
An Eccentric Cellist

Well hello, to you too. Stick around, I think after that rough spot most people will like you.

Jilli~ Do you know how attractive it is when you type in Spanish?

Guten Nacht
An Eccentric Cellist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 07:32 PM   #14
Cicero

Don't worry if you get off on the wrong foot here - it happens to a lot of people, and often blows over pretty quickly.

Welcome!

Oh and agree with Eccentric Cellist. Me gusta Español, especialmente cuando Jillian está hablando (I'm sorry if that came out all wrong, it's been a while since Middle School Spanish class...)

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 06:09 AM   #15
Wise Child

Well, thanks for observing the rules and making your point through the proper channels.

Welcome.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 05:36 PM   #16
Sanctus Dei

Yeah. Tread lightly, we don't handle bullshit well... I see you admin Vamp Freaks, so I assume you understand. We get quite a bit of trolling here, people waltz in with a preconcieved notion of who we are... the suggestion isn't appreciated and therefore most are recieved harshly until they prove their intention is to add to the society rather then ruffle it's feathers. I appreciate your withdrawl and re-attempt to uphold our ways without to much of a struggle, it shows much of you so in that I welcome you to our site.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:55 AM   #17
Morrigan_Dubh

I know this has been settled. but I wanna throw my two cents in anyway, 'cos I'm petty like that... :P

I think those questions are there to break the ice and give the new member a chance to start up conversation... True this formula can be boring and "unindividualist", but only if the answers are boring and "unindividualist". If you are inventive and original, then your answers will show that. Refusing to answer them is not very original or impressive.

Um, that's it.

So welcome, Diabolo. I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts...
Old 06-09-2006, 01:24 PM   #18
Legion

We may not be sheep, but we are herd animals. Herd animals with minds - and therein lies the conflict and source of half the angst most of us have dealt with. Anybody posting on a forum claiming not to need, or be influenced by, other people is just being naive.
Seems to me, the trick is to surround one's self with the right people and to balance one's need for individuality with courtesy to the group.
Note, I am not bashing anybody - just don't buy the oft-proclaimed mantra of nonconformitism (sp?) and self-determinism
Legion is offline   Reply With Quote