Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
sinatra

Tribal gothic rock?

What artists should i look for?

I like tribal drumming like that of Adam and the ants, Southern death cult, Sex gang children, Killing joke. Post-punk gothic between 1979-84, that sort of thing..
sinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:04 PM   #2
BloodFlow

This is probably a bit more abrasive than you're really looking for, but some of the more primitive industrial groups have a pretty tribal percussion going on, and the feel of industrial is a distant cousin of the goth feel, although goth's emphasis on beauty and romanticism seems pretty opposed to industrial's emphasis on transgression and the grotesque

Einstürzende Neubauten is the key group I'm thinking of:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IL__IAyBuE

Other suggestions are Missing Foundation (which is really just a Neubauten-inspired anarcho-punk group), Test Dept., and SPK
BloodFlow is offline   Reply With Quote