Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

Old 11-02-2005, 02:23 PM   #126
Demon Eyes

haha, GTO...that was a pretty good manga, I especially liked both the animated series and the live action series based on it, awesome stuff. OMG polished wolf claws u just brought me back to my early years, i too liked TMNT, but i always thought Michealangelo was the dink?
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 03:53 PM   #127
BlueMoon

Jhonny the Homocidal Maniac, Squee, Happy Noodleboy is awesome, Lenore, Calvin&Hobbes, The bunny suicides....etc.

Comics are reel cool
BlueMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 10:06 PM   #128
BlueMoon

Hey I love The Maxx too

This Moon Knight you speak of, be it me or the one from Marvel or something totally different?
BlueMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 08:30 PM   #129
Dr. Faust

My favorites are Donna Mia about a succubus, highly photo realistic art work! Very erotic! I

Tarot, about a witch family is good to, fantastic art work and colors, as well as nudity, but often to super-herorish.
Dr. Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 05:37 PM   #130
bloodytears&razorblades06

Johnny the Homicial Maniac has my vote. happy noodle boy kicks ass too!^_^
bloodytears&razorblades06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 06:04 PM   #131
rockandrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodytears&razorblades06
Johnny the Homicial Maniac has my vote. happy noodle boy kicks ass too!^_^
I thought AlKilyu was the only g.net member to use ^_^!

It's like his signature!
Old 12-26-2005, 05:47 AM   #132
Alain

Heh. Just visiting a friend's house, I'm now addicted to Strangers in Paradise. Also, this funny kind of cute series called "Gloomcookie" - it was hiding next to Squee on his shelf.

Has anyone else encountered Gloomcookie? It has bad, try-hard pimply goth poetry, and gargoyles, and corsets, and DOOOOOM!
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 02:21 PM   #133
Inky

I've seen it hiding behind Squee in my local comic shop too. I was tempted to buy it, but I wasn't really sure if it was worth it. Is it good?

As for my favourite comics, I'll have to say everything by Jhonen Vasquez (especially JtHM and I Feel Sick), Lenore and Mbleh (an Irish comic).

I also bought an annual issue of 30 Days of Night and thought it was pretty cool, so I'd like to buy the full book some time.
Inky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 05:16 PM   #134
PhilSmith

Still a fan of 2000AD myself. I've not picked it up in a few months, but I'll still get collected editions now and again. Other than that: Viz; The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen; Transmetropolitan. My friend Sarah got me interested in Bear by Jamie Smart...

Mainly British, stuff, really, but ultimately if it'll make me laugh or think I'll probably give it a go.
PhilSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 07:00 PM   #135
monsterdownthestreet

Johnny the Homicidal Maniac is #1, Priest is #2, Hush is #3, Finally Sin City #4. Johnny is so great I can read 4 to 5 times a day. Priest is the best art work and greatest story that has come from korea. Hush has to be the best batman series ever made. Sin City because Frank Miller is god in the DC relm.
monsterdownthestreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 05:01 AM   #136
apefist

VERTIGO titles rock. Transmetropolitan is the greatest thing ever. HELLBLAZER rocks, as does PREACHER, the Invisibles, The Filth, and WE3. The Authority is stellar for a "superteam" book.

I know the guys over at Fanboy Radio. If you dig interviews with your favorite comic creators, you might dig it.
apefist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 05:49 AM   #137
Voodoo_Queen

I like the old Archie comics. Well, not really. Maybe Lois Lane comics. lol , Actually I do have quite a few 10 cent Lois Lane comics.

I like the Vertigo series as well. One comic that I don't think that was mentioned yet that I like is Doom Patrol, with characters like Danny the Street and Crazy Jane, who I can relate to. lol

I also like the old EC horror comics from the fifties, like Tales from the crypt, Tales of Terror and Weird Science.
Voodoo_Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 06:07 AM   #138
UltraNEO*

Comics... are they the same as Manga's? Cause that's what I tend to read. Doraemon, Dragonball, Dragonball GT, Akira, Ultraman. even till this day, Doraemon's the cutest. A funny, cheeky blue and white cat. filled with wise ideas. some people know him as DingDong!

"Listen when your hurting someone, don't think of the pain he feels, only concentrate on the pleasure of causing him pain. That's the only way to show true compassion for your partner." - taken from Korosiya Ichi
UltraNEO* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 03:33 PM   #139
Demon Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraNEO*
Comics... are they the same as Manga's?
Yes, it's the same thing.
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 05:09 PM   #140
Beowulf

Batman `The Killing Joke`

This is one of my favourite Batman stories ever !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 11:14 PM   #141
Mr E Nigma

The Ultimates comics.. mostly

The Avengers
Old 01-31-2006, 12:18 PM   #142
Beowulf

Smile

Eastman & Lairds .... Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Volumes 1-4 and other stories...

Old 02-03-2006, 08:36 PM   #143
death_and_dreams

well i'm going to have to go with Sandman, Dragon ball, yu-gi-oh, the wallflower, the far side and madam and eve. I pretty much like all comics.
death_and_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 12:31 PM   #144
Samyania

Most of them.
My favourite changes all the time, but right now it's the Question. Love him enough to buy single issues, something I really hate doing, and especially in this case because the series is about as old as I am and not particularly popular.
The first series I ever got into was X-Men, with the really ancient '62 ones... have been trying to keep up with Ultimate X-Men just because I can, although what they did to Sinister makes me want to cry.
I really love Batman, but I can't keep up with it because it's been around for so long and has so much depth of history that I never have any idea what's going on.
I can't stand Superman. Something about primary colours.
And of course Sandman and Preacher are lovely as well, have to nod to the Vertigo world, although most of what I read is of the more superhero-y variety.
Oh, yes, manga. I collected Ranma 1/2 up to volume 25 before I got sick of it. Fell back into American comics recently, haven't been keeping up with any series.
Samyania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 05:39 PM   #145
Beowulf

Cool

One of my favourite comic books is the `Metallica` comic that was released by Rock`n Roll comics, it was a biopic of the bands history up to `...And Justice for All` era.

Even though bits of the story are inaccurate (for dramatic content I imagine) its quite an entertaining read. Rock n` Roll comics did a series of these mini biographies in comic book form of various different rock and metal bands, so if you look on E-bay you might be able to find them.

Old 04-09-2006, 02:37 PM   #146
corrupt_dishwater

I absolutely love Othello...I swear! It's a manga were this girl has a split personality. Sofa King Aww Some. I love manga. I really do.^^
corrupt_dishwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 03:25 PM   #147
gruel

I tend to prefer Graphic Novels such as Neil Gaiman's "Sandman". Also:"Hopeless Savages",and (Gasp)"Bucky O'Hare".
gruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 12:38 AM   #148
angel011

Sandman, Preacher, Midnight People, Hellblazer...

Oh, and there was Hellraiser #20, written by Neil Gaiman. That was something! Creepy and disturbing and completely insane. I read it, and stared in front of myself, thinking "Whoa! That was SICK! MORE!"
Old 04-12-2006, 10:53 AM   #149
CreepyTendencies

I really enjoy Lenore. 30 Days of Night is pretty cool too.
CreepyTendencies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:28 AM   #150
chloegoth

Anything illustrated by Ben Templesmith. I *heart* his work.

I'm currently collecting Neverwhere, Excalibur (the new series), Hack/Slash, The Goon, and Book of Lost Souls. I should read up on what's been happening in Fables, because that comic is excellent. And I'm totally a Devil's Panties groupie. I read a lot of webcomics.
chloegoth is offline   Reply With Quote