Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 10-13-2006, 07:30 AM   #51
Maj.Bromley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathogen.
Can you say "Denver"? Can you say "Harris & Klebold"? Can you say "Trenchcoat Mafia Shootings Revisited"?, boys & girls? I know you can.

Like we need any more horrible incidents to further demonise our subculture to outsiders.
I'm just going to leave it at that.

Umm, it didn't Happen in Denver, just to let you know, it happened in Littleton..Pretty far distance away man.

Suicide is a fundamental human right. This does not mean that it is morally desirable. It only means that society does not have the moral right to interfere
-Thomas S. Szasz
Maj.Bromley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:36 AM   #52
grimreaper993

So...yet another group of teens trying to kill people. And just because they dress in dark clothing, or listen to certain kinds of music, they are feared instantly labeled goth. Humanity always fears what it can't understand and so it usually tears it down into something they can understand and blame it.
grimreaper993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 02:07 AM   #53
Clockwork

Ugh, what fools. Did they think they could get anything done if they didn't keep their 'plan' absolutely secret? Not that I'm advocating this, it's disgusting. And it's not like any more bad press is needed anyway.

At least no one was harmed.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:13 PM   #54
Encaitare

Quote:
A town actually put up signs at the town limits, claiming it was a "Satan-free zone".
Hah! As if His Infernal Majesty can be hindered by such petty things as signs! He shall destroy your insignificant sign with the purest hellfire! Bwahahahaha!!!

*twitches*
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 09:01 AM   #55
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encaitare
Hah! As if His Infernal Majesty can be hindered by such petty things as signs! He shall destroy your insignificant sign with the purest hellfire! Bwahahahaha!!!

*twitches*
I'm a little bit in love with you for saying that.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 11:08 AM   #56
Boots

Quote:
"I knew who they were, but I didn't know them," he said.
AGH MY FUCKING BRAIN.

I think, "I've seen them, but never met them" would've sufficed.
Boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 12:57 PM   #57
Cele

Darn
One of you complaint about the lack of security at school!
DARN!
In Germany we don't have ANY security at school.
At no time.

I mean we had a mere handful of killing sprees at schools and the rumor was quite big but well there did not happen much except for new discussions bout socalled killer games...
Bah i love a couple of them anyway >.>

However i could just walk into my school at ... let's say 5.30 pm unchecked and do more the less ANYTHING
no cams, no security personal, there are by no means ALL doors locked and i guess most teachers have gone home at 5.30 pm

Cele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 01:00 PM   #58
Cele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encaitare

*twitches*
Aye by the way so am i... *kiss*
But that would probably a Razorblade Romance...
(hides for bad wordplay crime)
Cele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 01:23 PM   #59
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cele
Darn
One of you complaint about the lack of security at school!
DARN!
In Germany we don't have ANY security at school.
At no time.

I mean we had a mere handful of killing sprees at schools and the rumor was quite big but well there did not happen much except for new discussions bout socalled killer games...
Bah i love a couple of them anyway >.>

However i could just walk into my school at ... let's say 5.30 pm unchecked and do more the less ANYTHING
no cams, no security personal, there are by no means ALL doors locked and i guess most teachers have gone home at 5.30 pm

So, what we should be finding is a happy medium at all of our schools. You shouldn't feel unsafe at school, and you should have the proper security, but we shouldn't feel like inmates every time we walk through the metal detectors at the front doors of our school.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:09 PM   #60
asta_tintora

Location: To the south of one thing, to the east of that one, and slightly to the right.
Proper security, definitely a vague subject for most school officials. I remember my old highschool brought in a "rent-a-cop" as a response to the Colombine thing. It was a highly ineffective messure and no one respected the fellow.
...I've heard there has been some sucess with metal detectors, but that might just be heresay and all that nonsense.
asta_tintora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 06:10 PM   #61
Clockwork

All of that talk makes having a mere one-hundred and eighty cameras in our school comforting o_O
Old 01-10-2007, 11:24 AM   #62
BLEED REBELION!!!

we dont have cams or security at my school although its a really small charter school. my schools a little ghetto but i really doubt any of the kids would shoot up the school, we have a few fist fights but really its nothing but hip hopers. we do have a few "BLOODS" but they're just associates (haha). i feel generally safe at my school gang members dont bother me (some are my friends). and its a "comunity leadership academy" lots of good teachers and its a family type of thing except for a few girls who think they are to good. is it just me or does it seem like school massacres happen less in black comunities or is it just less talked about by the media?
BLEED REBELION!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:01 PM   #63
darkness-creepshow

It sounds like they really hated kids and teachers at that school, what if they are goth?? People are people ok kids get really pissed at other kids allot at school. There is so much hate and dislike in people, is it really that surprising?
darkness-creepshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:38 PM   #64
Momento Mori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master
Satan free zone o_O.....rigghtt what town is this? The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me...... If people are going to go there they will go there, no matter what anyone fucking says. You cant stop a pedophile, rapist, murderer, thief with a sign....is this lady thick or somthing.
Satan-Free Zone! Great Idea! If only God had thought of that first!

The staffing place in our mall put up one of those stupid "No Gun Zone/Zona Libra De Armas" signs. I offered to put a 4 foot by 8 foot sign in the owner's yard that said, "We don't believe in guns and do not have any in our house". She declined. Even after I offered to pay her for it. I wonder why......
Momento Mori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 01:55 AM   #65
Catsohori

I remember one day a friend of mine, a gothic russian teen saw such an instance.

He whipped around and declared, "Yes, people will be afraid of goths again." My take on it was pure sadistic humor. To me I like having the ability, that even though I am not sure that I am a goth. That I can cause the idiots to part for me with a simple glare or with the fact they think I'm going to kill them.

However the stereo typing of all subcultures should end. Then again, we know that people are stupid in general. Therefore I advocate that we should kill everyone with sporks.
Catsohori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 02:54 AM   #66
c130

I find it almost hilarious how America is in general so pro-gun, and yet they have a Columbine every couple of years and don't understand why it's happening.

Over here, we're STRICTLY anti-gun. And y'know what, schools here don't have metal detectors, on-site armed guards, policemen and security checks. We don't have any of that shit! We don't need it! And it's not because we're any less aggressive or shit-stupid than you.

Guns are your fucking problem America, not kids! And you keep putting fucking dumbass rednecks in power over you. It's as if you LIKE hurting yourselves.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:56 AM   #67
Geo_Toni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miriel
Children are so mean to each other and adults refuse to accept their problems as real ones.
This is a really messy post... Im sorry... but I just havent had enough coffee yet.
This is so true... I remeber leaving half way through school cause i hardly got any help with teachers with being bullied, and when they sent round the social worker to my hosue... they didnt care about what was wrong with me. they just said get back to school... Evil buggers!
Geo_Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 02:33 PM   #68
manequin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarian Decoding
Right.
I'll be carrying the shotgun with Barney's head on it.
And remember. The codeword is "Farfegnutentinklewinkelsnifferwifferlifferbiffert anglesmooch".
Oohh thats what it is sorry someone told me it was "snargleflagleraglewenglebrage" Stupid conspiritors trying to stop a good days killing. On a serious note: why the hell dosn't someone point out to someone high up (like tony blair mabey or Bush if you in america) that the fact that a few "goth's" are murderous phsycos but most keep themselves to themselves and are upstanding citisans (spelt wrong sorry) who fully abide by thew law (except for the part about not killing the countrys leader hehehehehe...)
manequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 03:21 PM   #69
raggedyanne

Hmm; yes, "snargleflagleraglewenglebrage" is far superior to "Farfegnutentinklewinkelsnifferwifferlifferbiffert anglesmooch" Easier on the ears. My current school has a city cop supervise dances and rallys because it's district policy. I think it's acceptable for an after hours event, but supervisers like they have at lunch are stupid. We just use them for target practice. I get bugged at my school because I'm the only "goth" but I can truthfully say I have never had to wait in the lunch line.
I think that gun related events could be prevented if our political and social leaders/ administrators actually addressed the subjects of gun control and proper behavior instead of avoiding uncomfortible subjects.

Excuse my incoherent ranting and terrible spelling skills.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 04:10 PM   #70
Miss_Hazie_Lane

I was thinking, that the kids who do shit like that may be the most uncool human beings on earth, I mean the kid who fucking eats his eraser is cooler than these turds... way, way cooler. We've already covered how amoral the entire thing is, and sad, but no one has mentioned exactly how fucking lame doing shit like that makes someone.
First of all, it's uncool because it's violent, violence in almost all cases is uncool because it makes you seem like a meat head, or a power hungry nerd. Punk was cool because it FAILED at violence, punks were the guys who would pick fights, and lose them. I mean look at the name of the movement "Punk" original meaning... passive homosexual partner. The concept was "We're really pissed, but we'll still get the shit kicked out of us," which is cool. Violence where you're trying to actually win is actually pretty damn uncool for many reasons, first of all, violence with the intent to win is macho (uncool), clearly shows you give a damn about your aim (double uncool), and for some reason always has the vague associations with sports/video games (Oh sweet jesus, you geek) Also violent behavior makes you seem stupid and vaguely subhuman (yeah, I went there)
Second of all it's uncool because it's really pretentious, and blatantly shows your adolescent lust for power. No one wants to see that, put it away. A big gun is a pretty obvious way to make up for a small cock, and a small brain. It's just seems like this really loud way to tell everyone "I'm stupid, uncreative, and have an itty bitty penis."
Now put the surrogate-phallice away, and go cry, yeah, go cry you angsty fuck head.
Which brings me to my third point, it's angsty, despite what emo kids may think, angst is not cool, angst makes one seem self important (one must never appear self important, especially if one is as valueless as one of these shit heads who think that they'll be justified by killing a bunch of fellow students) and whiney, if you live in America, and have a bed, food, and a couple of pairs of shoes... you're doing well compared to almost everyone else, so keep your fucking mouth shut, and put the weapons away.

In closing I'd just like to say, I don't laugh at reports of school killings, they are really sad, really awful, and generally nasty incidents, however, whenever I hear about the perpetrators I do think, "Wow, you idiots killed a lot of people, and I still think you're not going to get laid."
Old 02-25-2007, 05:31 PM   #71
Mirazatha

The part that really gets me is the limit to a specific subculture, and the fact that they ignore most of the events from other cultures. Theres lots of killings done by other groups. Hell, most serial killers are actually fairly "normal" lower-middle-class people who are extremely class sensitive.*

I always end up thinking about the reason behind these things, because ive never seen it mentioned in the report itself, you always have to go looking for it. Like with the Columbine stuff, one of the guys was a really angrey sheep, and the otherone showed all the signs of being a sociopath with a kind of superiority complex.**

Sources: * = "Hunting Humans" by Elliot Leyton (my english teachers crazy, this is the reference book to be tied in with all the novels were doing this term)
** = http://www.slate.com/id/2099203/
Mirazatha is offline   Reply With Quote