Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 09-27-2008, 03:44 AM   #151
$haDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
XD They made that for the movie $hade, thats not from any religion. In Christianity however Gabriel is one of the four archangels of heaven, besides relaying messages to Muhammad he also was the one who told Mary she was pregnant with the son of God.

The gender of angels is a little iffy, some people say they have genders, and among those circles its more common for them to say that Gabriel is male, but in other circles angels are sexless, they have no private parts.

Can u buy me a knuckle, I have to slap my friend.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:23 AM   #152
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
That was the point, the Bible wanted to glorify an unconditional devotion to God. The story isn't meant to seem logical, it's meant to say "if you trust in God no matter what, everything will be alright."
Agreed. It is important for faith to work that one have commitment to God.
This is NOT to say that one stops thinking, which some seem to do.

To know God's will should always involve praying (meditation) about the issue; this is when one can concentrate and activate one's mind to analyze the issue from different perspectives, to foresee possible outcomes from each possible action and then choose the best outcome and required steps. Faith then comes into play to drive the individual's motivation to complete the steps without hesitation or doubt.

But instead of emulating (following) Jesus, and trying to think as lofty as possible about things as He did, people blindly take actions without praying about it.
Take the man killed early this year when he climbed into the lion's keep at a zoo, "to see if God exists and will save him". Fool. He should have prayed which would have led him to two possible outcomes: a) either God wanted him to die, in which case he will will not be saved and would know he is climbing to his death, or b) he would realize he would die if he did that, but there was more in life left to do first, so he must choose not to do it (it was not God's will).

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:22 PM   #153
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
XD They made that for the movie $hade, thats not from any religion. In Christianity however Gabriel is one of the four archangels of heaven, besides relaying messages to Muhammad he also was the one who told Mary she was pregnant with the son of God.

The gender of angels is a little iffy, some people say they have genders, and among those circles its more common for them to say that Gabriel is male, but in other circles angels are sexless, they have no private parts.
Just to nit pick-

Gabriel is archangel is title only, she (yes I think Gabriel is a woman, if not s/he takes on a female appearance), actually belongs in the ranks of Seraphs.

Archangel is the 2nd lowest rank of angel so why would they be more legendary than higher ranks such as Thrones?

The 9 Ranks of Angels-
9. Angel
8. Archangel
7. Principality
6. Power
5. Virtue
4. Dominion
3. Throne
2. Cherubim (I'm not sure on this rank)
1. Seraphim
Old 09-27-2008, 03:54 PM   #154
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Canvas Corpsey
Just to nit pick-

Gabriel is archangel is title only, she (yes I think Gabriel is a woman, if not s/he takes on a female appearance), actually belongs in the ranks of Seraphs.

Archangel is the 2nd lowest rank of angel so why would they be more legendary than higher ranks such as Thrones?

The 9 Ranks of Angels-
9. Angel
8. Archangel
7. Principality
6. Power
5. Virtue
4. Dominion
3. Throne
2. Cherubim (I'm not sure on this rank)
1. Seraphim
Thats something that is debatable as well and different Christians do believe in different theories on this, but Gabriel is one of the accepted archangels, and while possible he is also apart of the Seraphim, the Seraphim are forever in God's presence praising him,and according to Revelation they do nothing but say "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come." over and over again. They also have six wings, whilst Gabriel is usually depicted with two.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:21 AM   #155
Sir Canvas Corpsey

It could be said that to the greater known angels there are two parts...

The archangel that roams and guides in apparently physical form, such as Gabriel appear to people, Uriel guarding the Garden of Eden, and then there is the truly pure spiritual side, where the seraphic half of the greater angels constantly worships and proclaims the lord's glory.

I like this theory now, I may look up some more stuff and nitpick it and debunk sections and theorise more, thanks Saya, you've given me a bit of a hobby now.

Greater Angels In Two Parts...mmyyess