Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-05-2010, 09:11 PM   #1151
Luv2H8

I FINALLY WON AT THIS GAME!!!1
I feel so accomplished.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:13 PM   #1152
JethroAranas

I've just enrolled my self. Haha, take that, MOM!
Old 04-05-2010, 09:54 PM   #1153
Corpsey

Hahahaha the picture on the back of that is fantastic, if anyone gets the reference from it. ^_^

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:57 PM   #1154
Saya

Yeah, and it doesn't look too hard to knit, just three basic colours and its supposed to look blocky.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:33 PM   #1155
disorder

$5 typewriter woooooooooooooooo
Old 04-06-2010, 01:23 AM   #1156
Kalitrima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Yay, another knitter! I gotta get more yarn soon too, I'm going to attempt intarsia. I was making another scarf but I'm sick of them and its too warm now to be any use to the person who wanted it. Although I did tell Corpsey I'd make him an alien scarf...>.> after I'm sick of intarsia.
I absolutely love the scarves you posted in the DIY thread. I'm fortunate enough to live in a town where it's pretty damn cold in the winter, so I have a market, should I decide to sell a few. Hard to make scarves as presents for my family that lives in Arizona, though. I'm addicted to Lion Brand and Red Heart yarns, which do you use? Just curious. Homespun and Hometown USA yarns are good for making quick scarves. . .

Also, back on topic, today I got a package from my cousin. First time a cousin's seemed to remember my birthday. And she gave me some purple eyeshadow, purple nail polish, and a copy of The Woman in White, since we've been talking about literature. I finally found the sunshine yellow that I've been looking for (so now I can make my black-and-rainbow stripey scarf!), I'm just about done with the black and purple scarf I'm working on now, and Mom and I are making a rainbow cake tomorrow.

And I discovered water marbles. Oh god, water marbles. Most awesome decorational thing ever. Seriously. They're only three bucks a pack. Get them. Now. Right now. All of you. Glass vase and water marbles. NOW.

. . . I have the mind of a child sometimes. Yeeheehee.
Kalitrima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:19 AM   #1157
Apathy's_Child

Seeing all my brothers at once. I can't remember the last time we all got together.

It's been an awesome weekend - managed to see pretty much all the people I love. Plus friends night on friday night turned into a Johnny Cash singalong, at which my girlfriend and I kicked ass with I'm Going to Jackson. I love having a bunch of pretentious exhibitionists for buddies.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:36 AM   #1158
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalitrima View Post
I absolutely love the scarves you posted in the DIY thread. I'm fortunate enough to live in a town where it's pretty damn cold in the winter, so I have a market, should I decide to sell a few. Hard to make scarves as presents for my family that lives in Arizona, though. I'm addicted to Lion Brand and Red Heart yarns, which do you use? Just curious. Homespun and Hometown USA yarns are good for making quick scarves. . .
I like Red Heart Softee because its cheap, and like the name, very soft! I also like Bernat, its acrylic but feels nice. I hate the regular Red Hart, its so scratchy. When I can spend money though I like to get bamboo or cotton, I don't really have a favourite brand when it comes to that, I just go with whats more affordable. I think the only thing Lion Brand I used so far is the fun fur, which is great but it gets so tangly, I spent most of my time untangling the yarn than I did knitting the scarf I was making. If you can get it I would really recommend Stitch N Bitch, it has a few good scarf patterns in it including a fuzzy scarf that was a big hit with relatives for Christmas (well you don't really need the pattern, its just black worsted yarn and fun fur knitted together as one strand on size 15 needles), but its a fun book anyway and motivated me to learn different techniques.

I love my roommate to pieces, but she told me today she's leaving for a few days ^_^ I love having the house to myself. I hope that when she graduates and moves away I'll be able to get my own place.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:25 PM   #1159
Man In Room 5

I just got back from the record shop where I found a used copy of one of those old Cleopatra gothic compilation CDs and it still had the Cleopatra sticker inside. Somebody resisted the urge to use it for 8 years. Now I'm wondering what I can do with it.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:38 PM   #1160
Kalitrima

Oh man, try Lion Brand more often. Homespun is amazing, but recently I've fallen in love with Hometown USA. I finished a scarf, but I have yet to weave all the ends back in. When I do, though, I'll post the picture. I end up using regular Red Heart yarn whenever I want to make a fun stripey scarf. I can get a ball of it bigger than my head for six bucks. And right now, I have an entire chest full of yarn (that won't close) that my grandmother left me. Most of it's in pale rosy colors and other stuff I can't see people wanting. My solution? Stripe it with black. Hah~

Er, there's a better place to be talking about this, isn't there? I feel like an idiot for saying it, but I haven't figured out the PM system here yet. Not like others I've seen. Well, back on topic, what made my day? Selling my first scarf. Granted, it was to my uncle, but it was a scarf in the Oregon Duck colors, and Uncle Jim attends a lot of games. I'm sure at least one person will one day ask him where he got it. . . And the more scarves I sell, the more gifts I can get for family for birthdays/holidays~
Kalitrima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:48 PM   #1161
Saya

You have to have so many posts before you can PM, I can't remember how many...maybe 100? Anyway, I'm gonna go make a knitting thread in fashion.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:01 AM   #1162
Ben Lahnger

What's made my day? Well, moving does have it's compensations ... like the fact that you find things you forgot you have.

I found a book I bought years ago when the random acts of kindness fad first hit. It's titled "Deliberate Acts of Needless Meanness" and it's hilarious. Here's a couple of examples:

Day 125 - Enimen
Simply pop out the "m" and "n" keys on someone's keyboard and transpose them. Then just sit back and watch your coworker go purple with rage as they try write a memo.
Day 165 - The Devil Made Me Do It
New neighbors just moved in? Invite them over for a welcome drink. Before they arrive, light hundreds of candles and draw a giant chalk pentagram on the floor. When the doorbell rings, greet them in robes and hand them goblets of a suspicious red liquid. (Be wary if they don't run away immediately. They might actually be Satanists.)
Day 244 - Dada Halloween
On Halloween, when the doorbell rings, open it and say, "Trick or Treat." The trick or treaters will be confused and answer back, "Trick or Treat," at which point you say, "Trick or Treat" again. They'll probably say it again. Then you say, "Trick or Treat" again. Don't say anything but "Trick or Treat." You can keep this up all night.
Yep, that's my kind of funny!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:37 AM   #1163
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2H8 View Post
I FINALLY WON AT THIS GAME!!!1
I feel so accomplished.
Man, I remember when I finally beat that game. I was so happy, I took a screen shot.

I woke up to three snuggly kitties. Definitely made my day.
PLUS, BASEMENT PARTY TONIGHT!
Old 04-08-2010, 04:49 PM   #1164
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post

Day 125 - Enimen
Simply pop out the "m" and "n" keys on someone's keyboard and transpose them. Then just sit back and watch your coworker go purple with rage as they try write a memo.

This would really only work if your place of employment hires fourth graders who don't yet type by muscle memory.

Quote:
Day 244 - Dada Halloween
On Halloween, when the doorbell rings, open it and say, "Trick or Treat." The trick or treaters will be confused and answer back, "Trick or Treat," at which point you say, "Trick or Treat" again. They'll probably say it again. Then you say, "Trick or Treat" again. Don't say anything but "Trick or Treat." You can keep this up all night.
That will just create the appearance that you're retarded, and inspire kids to laughter or mild discomfiture at best. The "one for you... one for you... aaaaand, forget it, fatty, I'm doing you a favor" approach is leagues better.

Fuck, I should have written this book. What the hell credentials does this author have? I'd bet he isn't even actually mean.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:56 PM   #1165
Corpsey

New NTAS & TFS DBZAS episodes coming out on the same day. Ultimate distraction for someone trying to complete an assignment.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:34 PM   #1166
Luv2H8

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555 View Post
Man, I remember when I finally beat that game. I was so happy, I took a screen shot.

I woke up to three snuggly kitties. Definitely made my day.
PLUS, BASEMENT PARTY TONIGHT!
YOU BITCH!!!
You beat my highscore... ;_;
Old 04-08-2010, 07:38 PM   #1167
korinna5555

Ahahahahahahaha. I WIN! :-D
Old 04-08-2010, 07:41 PM   #1168
Luv2H8

At least I still have Robot Unicorn Attack.
STILL REIGNING CHAMP OF G.NET!!
Old 04-08-2010, 07:43 PM   #1169
korinna5555

LIES!

What's your high score?!
Old 04-08-2010, 07:47 PM   #1170
Luv2H8

114,240 POINTS BIATCH!!

Fuckin' win!1
Old 04-08-2010, 07:49 PM   #1171
korinna5555

Pics or it didn't happen.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:03 PM   #1172
Luv2H8

Old 04-08-2010, 08:07 PM   #1173
korinna5555

I saw what you did there..
I REFUSE TO BITE YOU, ASSHOLE.
My life now has no meaning. IT'S WORTHLESS IF I CAN'T BE A ROBOT UNICORN CHAMPION. D:

Edit: so.. uh.. what did you crop out? RedTube? *grins*
Old 04-08-2010, 08:10 PM   #1174
Luv2H8

I IZ A WINAR!!!
lulz!
Old 04-08-2010, 08:16 PM   #1175
korinna5555

Fuck you, assholes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!