Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 12-20-2005, 07:27 PM   #26
rockandrose

I meant make-up and plastic surgery are both superfical, but both they are not on the same level in a way that it affects a person.

Also, taking a shower and brushing one's teeth is mainly hygiene purposes and in a way to improve one's looks.

There's a difference between having plastic surgery for medical reasons and for beauty reasons.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:29 PM   #27
katsumy

Wow... just wow ... Bingo ... on the point. You did expres it in a confortable nice way. There you exposed allmost every point in their own way, with out jumping to an other theme... just WOW congratulations Scythan!
could come true some day soon...

* Katsumy *
katsumy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 07:32 PM   #28
rockandrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythan
Why would one be allowed to improve their looks and the other condemned?
Firsly, human beings were born before plastic surgery come into existence. If plastic surgery didn't exist. We wouldn't even need to be thinking about altering ourselves through such plastic means, held under the knife.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:33 PM   #29
katsumy

Make up can help you to hide some defects and accentuate other spots but it is washable... Plastic surgery last for a long time... In breast implants around 10 to 20 years, depending on your body and the most important -the implant- (if it leaks or some thing like that)

* Katsumy *
Old 12-20-2005, 07:47 PM   #30
rockandrose

Another thing, make-up can enhance your appearance and so can plastic surgery. Make-up can be washed off and once the plastic surgery has been done, it's there.

If have breast implants, you have already permanently altered your physical self. If you decide that you no longer want implants and have them removed. Does your breasts still look like it's original form? I think not.

I don't have anything against those who have breast implants themselves, I simply generally don't agree on the decision to have breast implants due to pure beauty reasons.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:18 PM   #31
Scythan

The reason that implants and such are permanent is because our technology hasn't progressed enough to make them completely reversible. Once it gets that way, I'm sure they will be viewed the same as make-up is today. The only reason that they are seen as different is because they have different long term effects.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:45 AM   #32
katsumy

Xn that's true ... but they don't have the "natural feel"...

* Katsumy *
Old 12-21-2005, 08:53 AM   #33
katsumy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
I can't see the picture

* Katsumy *
Old 12-21-2005, 09:31 AM   #34
horrorgirl

Good god that picture is frightening.....

I'm gothtastically delicious!
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 11:29 AM   #35
Nemesis

I have no problem with plastic surgery, I would never have it myself because i dont feel the need to improve myself, but if it makes you feel better go for it, although i do think that only people with little self sonfidence have surgery to improve their looks
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 01:05 PM   #36
katsumy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
I'll try again.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...la/ohmigod.jpg

Can you see it now?
Oh my God... NOT SO BIG!
I'm ok with a full B !

* Katsumy *
Old 12-21-2005, 09:24 PM   #37
rockandrose

Side Effects of Breast Implants

Again, be aware of the side effects before undergoing an operation for breast implants!

"Side effects of breast implants can range in seriousness from minor irritation to death, although the more severe side effects of breast implants are also proportionately more rare. Individuals who are considering surgical breast augmentation should understand the side effects of breast implants prior to committing to surgery."

-----------------------------------------------------------
SOURCE: http://www.aboardcertifiedplasticsur...e_effects.html
Old 12-21-2005, 10:26 PM   #38
Scythan

Make-up was not always the riskless benefit that it is today:

"Make-up has been used since ancient times. Ancient Egyptian aristocrats used minerals to define features and add color to their faces. Ancient Romans used oil-based perfumes in baths and fountains. Through the 19th century, it was common for people to use poisonous substances to whiten one’s face, add sparkles and color to eyes, and redden lips. It was also common for people to experience severe illness and even death from the poisonous make-up."

Source:http://www.cosmetologyschools.com/co...-guidance.html
Old 12-21-2005, 10:35 PM   #39
rockandrose

I never stated that make-up was safe during it's earlier times nor did I said that all types of make-up is completely safe.

Similarly, plastic surgery was a lot more dangerous to perform, as opposed to today.

Technology continues to advance, so usually make-up is becoming a safer for general use, and not all make-up absorbs deep into the skin to even cause harm.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:44 PM   #40
rockandrose

Make-up over Plastic Surgery!

When a woman hits a certain age, it's only natural to consider some type of cosmetic surgery. Women feel so much pressure to resist aging that they begin to look for anything possible to make them look and feel younger. Unfortunately, many of these women turn too quickly to plastic surgery

Why do so many women want to change their looks? The constant barrage of media representations of abnormally thin and beautiful models makes most of us feel less than perfect, causing us to question our looks instead of accept them. A woman recently said to me, "As a girl, I was terrified to grow up. I would look at the magazines and say, 'I don't look that way. How will I be happy? Have a boyfriend? Will people like me?' My whole world seemed to depend on me looking like the cover girl models."

So forget the risky and expensive procedures and surgeries! Makeup not only lets you hold on to the part of yourself that your unique face represents, but also gives you the power to discover all the people you want to be. Let makeup be your magic wand!

http://www.twbookmark.com/books/35/0...erpt22100.html
Old 12-21-2005, 10:56 PM   #41
Scythan

I'm just pointing out that since cosmetic surgery is a relatively new science, it has not had time to be perfected yet. Changing your looks by makeup or plastic surgery is the same as far as I'm concerned.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:01 AM   #42
Blushing Heliophobe

The type of personality destructive enough to destroy their body through plastic surgery is the type of person that is probably determined enough to destroy it through other means, as well.

Some people have the money and the desire to improve their looks and if that does it for them, so be it.

Unless something terrible happened and I felt I needed it for reconstruction, I can say that I'd never really get it done. But everyone's different, so I think the choice is up to them. And I also wouldn't necessarily say that there's something wrong with the self esteem of those who opt for plastic surgery, either, because that's a broad statement to make.
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 12:13 AM   #43
Scythan

Why do you think getting plastic surgery done is a symptom of a destructive personality? If anything, they are improving their body.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:22 AM   #44
Blushing Heliophobe

I think that depends on the person.

Some people take it to an extreme, and get so many surgeries that they're not even recognizable, passably natural, or generally aestheticaly pleasing.

I feel that is more of a destructive bent than anything.

Some folks (like a few of my family members) get a one cup up boob job, lip augmentation, what have you, and are then satisfied with the results.

I would call this type of surgery a normal, healthy thing.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:28 AM   #45
Scythan

I think that people who take plastic surgery to an extreme are just trying to live up to a skewed ideal. Even though they may be reducing their attractiveness to other people, they believe that they are being improved. Thus it is not their intent that is destructive, it is their perceptions.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:34 AM   #46
Blushing Heliophobe

Does anyone here watch Nip/Tuck? I started watching that and it shocked me that a tv show could/would explore the issues that they do. It challenged many of my views, which is why I wouldn't be quick to say right off the bat that plastic surgery is wrong.

Some folks will never be satisfied. But then again, they are also the people who are probably exercising themselves to death, buying cheap diet pills, ordering 'make me miraculously beautiful' everything...plastic surgery is used by them, and it doesn't necessarily make plastic surgery in and of itself wrong or bad.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:42 AM   #47
AlKilyu

I'm all for plastic surgery because it doesn't alter the most important part on the (female) body, the first second and third thing I notice first with any female, the eyes. Yes you can get those contacts but thank goodness they are temporary! I don't care about boobs and butts, but that is a moot point since 110% of all women who get plastic surgery could care less what I like!

I myself have considered it, but not lipo. I've lost a good deal of weight in the past month and as soon as I switch from paxil to something else the rest will be a breeze. ^_^
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 12:50 AM   #48
winged_dreams

Want a nice set of boobs al? XD Hehe. And your avatar is scary.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 12:53 AM   #49
Blushing Heliophobe

Against my will, I find myself trying to figure out if the cat is doodling a 'giner, or pulling on a winkie.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:30 PM   #50
katsumy

Last year I saw a program on the tv about a girl that was on the try to be "ugly"... because she wanted to look like a Egyptian Queen. That's just sick...

* Katsumy *