Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-19-2006, 01:12 AM   #1
4mytribe

A race agaisnt time

I know that I have vowed to not post here but no one pays attention to this part of the board and this was the only site where I really felt at home for a moment. It sucks but I'm going death as in my hearing is going at a fantastic rate. I hear ringing constantly and it is getting so loud that at times I hear nothing else. At some point there will be no more music from me unless I can do like Behtohoven. I can compose in my head but am not on his level yet of being able to write it out. I may have to begin teaching myself different things. It is quite humbling to be in a situation I have no controll over anymore. I also have weak wrists with multiple fractures each so I am in a very vulneralbe position. I dont really care as long as the best ideas I've come up with can be released in their best light before I am no longer able to do it.

Well I understand if this is not aired. And yes I am whining. But I dont think its hard for an artist to be at pain for the art that might not see the light of day.
4mytribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 05:52 AM   #2
Godslayer Jillian

Don't worry, I constantly hear a ringing in my head too, but I don't think that necessarily has to be hearing loss.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 06:59 AM   #3
bjork_freak

I'm sure you mean deaf, and please don't worry too hard. Have you been to the doctor? I have been going through somewhat the same thing. I have always thought it was normal to have ringing in my ears, since I can't remember a day that I didn't. Also, my right ear aches at times and goes deaf here and there. Not to the point of complete deafness, but to a point where it is difficult to hear things. A lot of times when I wake up my ears will rumble inside, as if I'm hearing an earthquake or something.
bjork_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:54 AM   #4
4mytribe

Thanks for the words of comfort and nice to know I'm not the only one. I think as an artist its got to be one of the scariest things that can happen. Hope your right and yeah you probably are. Well off to breakfast.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:22 PM   #5
Grandieur

crymore please. in detail.
Grandieur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 12:08 AM   #6
Nardol

I used get a ringing in my ears in the way that some people get migraines. That is, with stress as a catalyst. Perhaps it's a psychosomatic response to some stressful conversation you'd really rather not hear. I used to hear it when my mom and stepdad would argue, but also at odd times.
Nardol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 02:12 PM   #7
Nike

It could be tinnitus, too. It might be best to go see a doctor soon, better too early than too late.
I have a friend who has serious problems with that, and the main thing causing the serious problem was that he used to ignore it and find other explainations for too long.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:02 PM   #8
4mytribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike
It could be tinnitus, too. It might be best to go see a doctor soon, better too early than too late.
I have a friend who has serious problems with that, and the main thing causing the serious problem was that he used to ignore it and find other explainations for too long.
Yeah I'm begging to think that could be it and today made the first step in that direction as the problem seems to be accelerating. Im prepared for the worse if it comes to that but I think I have one good thing going in that it is only one ear and there are some hearing aids out there designed to transmit noise into the ear to help cancell it out so at least I would have one ear. But even if I had none I know that I have composed in mind before and that with a few months training I might be able to with collaberation and outside support be able to continue composing after deaf. If deaf is coming then what I would want to know most is how much time so that I can get the music out as best as possible.

We'll see but I do fear the worse as its been getting to a point where I can hear it at times I couldnt anymore and sometimes it can shut out alot of other things but so far it never shuts out the music.