Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

Old 06-26-2007, 05:25 PM   #1
Tea_and_Waxfruit

Dance Macabre (short story)

This is a new story I conjured up. Simply full of madness and profane acts. Nothing gory though or sexual.... wow this story is actually pretty mild compared to some of my other ones. Anyways enjoy and comment if you like!

Chapter 1 - Prince Kali

The prince sat on his throne. A sullen expression graced his delicate features as he scanned over the desolate throne room. No one was in sight and everything was quiet. Just how he liked it. He would sit in silence for hours on end thinking to himself. He was a beautiful boy of eighteen and still alone. His parents never really cared for him, his subjects wanted nothing to please him, but no one could get a smile out of him…or even a sound for that matter. The prince was a mute as far as everyone concerned.

He hardly spoke at all and the only times he did was to his advisor in which he would elegantly beckon him over and whisper gently into his ear of what he desired. He was a sight to see long raven hair that was brushed back neatly. It was kept in a long pony tail down his back. A strand or two would occasionally fall into his icy blue eyes, his emotionless icy blue eyes in which he would use to frighten whomever dared to stand up and speak to him. He had a long thin face and pouty pale lips, that almost never changed.

He never showed emotion. Everyone thought he was a mere shell. The kingdom of Yorhnsul was a very peaceful one. Prince Kali was a great ruler and he knew how to handle things. He was too intelligent for his age and yet never bothered to achieve anything of intellectual value. Instead he sat in his throne all day or went about in his gardens or his private chambers. He had a pretty sheltered life and that was how he liked it. He brought his hand up to his cheek and rested his head on it. He sighed and eyed around his throne room. Only a few people stood around him. His advisor and a few counsel members.

"Prince Kali as I was saying..." said one of the far end counsel members. Prince Kali yawned and looked over bored. Without any words he stood up and started walking off. "Your highness wait!" he called, but nothing. Princes Kali did not turn around. Instead he walked outside into the gardens. His hair blowing in the wind. He put his hands behind his back and started walking along the appointed stone pathway. He didn’t want to deal with worldly problems anymore. He didn’t want to deal with people. People and their problems. That’s all he dealt with all day long when it wasn’t his free time.

Sometimes he just wanted to escape.

To fly away like a bird or to fade away like the wind.

He stopped when he saw a little girl playing with a doll. She wore a purple gown with lace and frill and ribbons galore. She had short black hair and wore a bonnet that matched her dress. She looked absolutely lovely....very cute. Prince Kali adored things pretty, beautiful and things that could be adored from afar such as the little girl. He watched her play with the doll, pretending they were at a tea party. He had a small smile come to his face as he watched her.

"More tea Jill?" she asked the doll. There was no response as she poured imaginary tea into an imaginary tea cup for her doll.

Kali watched the girl with interest as she giggled. She was absolutely perfect. He rested his head under his chin and called out to the little girl. "You have a very pretty doll." He spoke softly. The little girl looked up and smiled. "Why th-thank you your highness.." she studdered as she stood up and curtsied for him. He chuckled lightly. "No need for formalities I simply wish to play with you."

"Play with me?" she blushed, her perfectly pale little girl cheeks now a rouge color. He was tempted to smirk, but kept it to himself. Prince Kali nodded and extended his hand to her. She accepted it and they started walking. She held her doll close to her, shivering under his touch. His hand was cold, his whole appearance was dark…almost frightening. What was she so scared of though? This was the prince she was walking with. There was no reason to fear him. After all he kept the country safe from harm.

She smiled to herself. He had lead her to his private gardens, a secluded area from the castle. No one knew where the quarters lay. There were hundreds of flowers surrounding the area of reds, blues, pinks and yellows, hundreds of colors in every shape and size you could imagine. The look was amazed. She looked around in splendor. "Do you like it?" he asked, eyeing her. He was now speaking, more than he would in a day normally. When he was in his garden he was whomever he wanted to be. He didn’t have to hide behind his royal heritage.

He could be himself.

"Your highness it’s lovely." She replied softly, now learning to gain more courage.

"Please….call me Kali. I want no formalities for this afternoon I am not of royalty." He smiled. The girl nodded.

"Okay Kali." She put her hands in her lap and looked down.

"And tell me my dear what is your name?" The prince asked , moving closer to her. "June." She replied.

"June and Jill?" he inquired, looking now at her doll. She nodded.

"You’re good Kali." She replied. Prince Kali nodded and walked over to the statues. There littering the gardens were tons of statues all of them were of women in various states and poses. Some young her age and some older no older than thirty though.

All of them beautiful.

June admired them, wishing she could be as beautiful as them. "I am jealous of your statues." she spoke openly as he put his hands behind his back. "All of them were once living you know." June opened her eyes in disbelief.

"You mean it?" He nodded.

"Yes. Their souls are all stuck inside." June only thought he was playing, but indeed he spoke the truth. He horrible truth. He kept beautiful women as prizes for himself.

"Amazing Kali..." she said sounding surprised, just to make him happy. He laughed.

"Would you are to join them?" he asked. She shook her head.

"N-no..."

"Oh, cause you’d be perfect right over there." She laughed nervously.

"Stop Kali you’re making me scared."

Kali nodded. ‘Of course my dear forgive me. I tend to become rather macabre at times." he laughed. "I would never turn you into one of these. So anyways....we were about the play a game?" June nodded.

"Yes a game. I will make the rules if you don’t mind..." she said still not used to the fact that the prince wanted to be normal for a day. Prince Kali nodded.

"Of course." he replied.

June walked in front of him and bowed. "We’ll play a game of pretend. Ill be the princess and you’ll be the prince...and..." Kali laughed.

"Wait a second. I’m already a prince lets make this more interesting and give me a new role mm?" June giggled.

"Alright. You can be the brave knight who comes to save the princess from the..." she thought for a moment. "Dragon!" Kali smirked lightly. He was amused.

June started backing into a statue.
Tea_and_Waxfruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:25 PM   #2
Tea_and_Waxfruit

(part two to chapter 1)

"Oh brave knight come and save me. I am trapped!" she wrapped her arms around the statue and looked at Kali. "Save me..." she whispered, audible enough for him to here her. Kali gripped an imaginary sword and looked up at the pretend dragon. He swung the fake sword around and smirked.

"You let her go now!" he yelled. He soon rushed over to her, pretending to put the sword back in it’s sheath he ran towards June and picked her up, now running in the opposite direction. "What are you doing? You have to stop the dragon." Kali looked up at her.

"But I don’t want to hurt you in the process." He then put her down and lunged towards the thin air pretending to lodge an imaginary sword into the imaginary dragon. He slashed the thin air a few times, and did this for about a good five minutes before pulling back his imaginary sword and putting it back in the sheath. He smiled back at June.

"I have finished the deed." he kneeled before her and took her hand within his. He kissed it on the spot and smiled up at her. June blushed.

"Why brave knight you have saved me and my kingdom however can I replay you?" she asked.

Kali thought for a moment and nodded to himself.

"How about a sweet kiss from the sweet princess?" he asked. She blushed profusely at the suggestion as she nodded. June leaned in and kissed his cheek nervously. Kali smiled at the nervous girl. He lifted up her chin and claimed her lips in a passionate kiss. It was highly inappropriate for a girl her age kissing a man his age but June could care less. She melted into it his lips were like sugar they tasted ever so sweet as they moved across her inexperienced ones. Kali was smirking as he broke the kiss. June looked down feeling rather dizzy, she raised her hands to her face and noticed they were now glossy and porcelain like. She touched her face as it was becoming the same texture.

"What is happening to me?" she asked looking at Kali frightfully. Kali only laughed.

"You my dear are going to become part of my collection..."

"Collection?" She asked. Still touching along her face. She could no longer feel the muscles in her face.

Kali only nodded.

She soon made a ran for it. She could no longer speak as her lips closed up into porcelain lips. She made a moaning sound as she fell to the ground, her legs now falling off as the porcelain could not support her weight. She started dragging herself towards the entrance Kali laughing.

"Don’t bother my dear....you’ll loose your beauty if you keep straining yourself!" She didn’t stop though. Her body had begun to shrink into a doll form and soon her arms became stiff. She could no longer move. She toppled over on the grass and Kali looked down at June. He smiled graciously and picked up the doll that was June.

"Now look you lost your legs. We should repair them. Oh you’ll be perfect for my collection." He walked over and picked up her legs.

"It will be an easy fix"

June could only stare at Kali.

"Why...?"

He went over and picked up Jill as well.

"Because my dear. You’re beautiful and I love things of great beauty."

TBC...?
Tea_and_Waxfruit is offline   Reply With Quote