Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 12-11-2005, 10:25 AM   #76
TheKorovaMilkbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon
I've gone through this whole thread and I can't believe nobody has mentioned anything about Bubblegum Crisis:Tokyo 2040. That to me is the most awesome anime ever. It was on Adult Swim like 2 years ago but I couldn't watch it. I watched the whole thing on SBS, apart from the last episode *burst out in tears*. I can't believe I missed it.
And to everyone, DBZ sucks!
Ok, I'll swear to the fact that they've never shown that show. I would happily have watched it, as I have wanted to see it for a long time.

My favorite animes are probably Dominion: Tank Police (though that's a movie), Berserk. Although Fullmetal Alchemist is just getting better and better in my book. I love how the storyline is developing.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:10 PM   #77
Demon Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKorovaMilkbar
Ok, I'll swear to the fact that they've never shown that show. I would happily have watched it, as I have wanted to see it for a long time.
Wel it was pretty good, i remembered my friend introduced me to the series and i fairly enjoyed it, and i do remember that they used to show it quite sometime ago, but i think it was on at around 11:30 or midnight, but i'd have to disagree with you Talon, EVA is by far one of the best Anime's to date, though there are others that I've seen that can offer it competition, but BC just wasn't as good, but it was a great series none the less, don't get me wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKorovaMIlkbar
My favorite animes are probably Dominion: Tank Police (though that's a movie), Berserk. Although Fullmetal Alchemist is just getting better and better in my book. I love how the storyline is developing.
True, FA has gotten more and more interesting and i can't wait to see how the story is gonna keep developing either.

And though it hasn't been licensed in America, I'd recommend you start watching Bleach, Korova, i mean its story line is getting so intense and the plot twist that occured in the most recent episode (60) just left me wanting to see more, lol, i think i've become addicted.
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 05:30 AM   #78
TheKorovaMilkbar

I'm glad to hear BC: Tokyo 2040 is good. I like the cyberpunk stuff, like Angel Cop, Armitage III, and of course, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. So I'll have to check it out.

Bleach. I've heard of it, but I've never heard what it was about (I used to hang out in the AMG.org forums).

To Circle: I'd highly suggest Cowboy Bebop, and the movie Armitage III: Poly-Matrix. Both are something I think everyone can enjoy. But I'm with Demon Eyes, give a genre, and I'm sure I could name a few. If you like f***ed up sh**, I would highly suggest Berserk. God, that's all kinds of messed up.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:40 PM   #79
katsumy

Hellsing
Cowboy Bebop
ROD
Gravitation
Trigun
Inuyasha
Lain

---And in the "horny series" I like Bible Black---
could come true some day soon...

* Katsumy *
katsumy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 05:19 PM   #80
Grey Fox

My question to every anime fan here is what anime dont you like. i like every anime i ever saw. But My favorite one of all time is Full Metal Alchemist.
Grey Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 05:52 PM   #81
Demon Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsumy

---And in the "horny series" I like Bible Black---
Lol, who doesn't like Bible Black.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:55 PM   #82
Draco Fan

I like Wolf's Rain and InuYasha the most, but S-CRY-ed is right behind them, followed by Family Guy and American Dad.
Draco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 06:03 PM   #83
Demon Eyes

Quote:
I'm glad to hear BC: Tokyo 2040 is good. I like the cyberpunk stuff, like Angel Cop, Armitage III, and of course, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. So I'll have to check it out.
yes, please do so, i'm sure you won't regret it.

Quote:
Bleach. I've heard of it, but I've never heard what it was about (I used to hang out in the AMG.org forums).
Basically its about this guy named Kurosaki Ichigo who is a normal high school boy who lost his mother in his childhood. For some reason since he was a child he's had the ability of seeing spirits. The story starts when Ichigo meets a "shinigami" (soul reaper/Deathgod) named Kuchiki Rukia quite by accident. That meeting ends up with Ichigo becoming a substitute "shinigami" because Rukia gets injured, and the story just starts going from there. Overall its highly enjoyable, violent, and yet funny at times. If you enjoyed Berserk, then you should enjoy this series as well. I give it a 9.2/10

Quote:
If you like f***ed up sh**, I would highly suggest Berserk. God, that's all kinds of messed up.
lol, yeah, but while the series was pretty messed up, its not as messed up as the manga, now thats got some pretty messed up stuff. Even so it was freaking awesome.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:06 PM   #84
Demon Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Do you consider Pokemon an anime? Admittedly, I liked it at first, and I heard great things about its unedited versions, but I honestly don't like it anymore.
Well you wouldn't be missing much even if you watched the unedited versions, mostly its just a little more for older teens than little kids because its slightly more violent, and some mild language as well as questionable enuendos.

Besides, it was only cool when it was about MEWTWO, who was wickedly the coolest pokemon ever.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:13 AM   #85
TheKorovaMilkbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Eyes
Basically its about this guy named Kurosaki Ichigo who is a normal high school boy who lost his mother in his childhood. For some reason since he was a child he's had the ability of seeing spirits. The story starts when Ichigo meets a "shinigami" (soul reaper/Deathgod) named Kuchiki Rukia quite by accident. That meeting ends up with Ichigo becoming a substitute "shinigami" because Rukia gets injured, and the story just starts going from there. Overall its highly enjoyable, violent, and yet funny at times. If you enjoyed Berserk, then you should enjoy this series as well. I give it a 9.2/10
Sounds good. How long is the series?

Quote:
lol, yeah, but while the series was pretty messed up, its not as messed up as the manga, now thats got some pretty messed up stuff. Even so it was freaking awesome.
I'm desperately trying to figure out how to get the manga. It's the only time I've ever considered buying manga before, but I want to see how the story's going so very badly.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:58 PM   #86
Demon Eyes

Quote:
Sounds good. How long is the series?
Well it's still going, the first two seasons are out though, so go download episodes 1-50. Currently the series is on episode 60, and still going, not sure how long its gonna be though.

Quote:
I'm desperately trying to figure out how to get the manga. It's the only time I've ever considered buying manga before, but I want to see how the story's going so very badly.
Well i know a website where you can download most of it, but i'm not sure if posting the link is bad and punishable by banning though. If it is and you want to download them just message me or e-mail me and i'll make sure to send you the link so you can check it out.

I'll say this about the manga, if you liked the first part of the series, then the second part is even better, i'm just hoping that they continue the series where the other one left off.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:47 AM   #87
TheKorovaMilkbar

Don't worry, I have a link, too. But it's a bit-torrent link and I don't like bit torrent.

Is your link a straight download?
Old 12-15-2005, 07:56 PM   #88
Demon Eyes

Quote:
Don't worry, I have a link, too. But it's a bit-torrent link and I don't like bit torrent.

Is your link a straight download?
yes it is, all you have too do is register (which is free by the way).
Old 12-17-2005, 02:57 PM   #89
TheKorovaMilkbar

Hmm.... I might just have to get that through you. Want to do via email?

Stupid question, it's in english, right?
Old 12-17-2005, 10:07 PM   #90
Demon Eyes

Quote:
Hmm.... I might just have to get that through you. Want to do via email?
Ok, but i don't know, its a 1.5 gig file.
I don't think it'll allow me to send something that big. And yes, before you ask, it's already zipped and its still that big, but lets see what we can do.

Quote:
Stupid question, it's in english, right?
Yes, but i have the japanese one if you'd prefer it instead, lol.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:54 PM   #91
TheKorovaMilkbar

No, I'd just need the link to download it.

Heh, English is preferred.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:21 PM   #92
Demon Eyes

Oh, Ok, I'll send it as soon as I can to your e-mail. Let me know if you recieve it.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:42 PM   #93
bedlam babe

I love Sailor Moon its like Barbie gone anime
yeah,I know I'm a dork
bedlam babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 12:52 AM   #94
TheKorovaMilkbar

Demon Eyes: I'll check it this weekend when I get the chance. I don't have enough time right now. Thanks for all your help and I'll let you know when I check if it works.

Later
Old 12-27-2005, 12:18 AM   #95
TheKorovaMilkbar

Ohhh Deeeemon Eyes...

You still here?
Old 01-03-2006, 02:35 PM   #96
Demon Eyes

No, I am not here. I have gone to a far away place. Just Kiddin'!

Sorry 'bout that Korova, I was out of town for the past week. Turns out the website is down at the moment, but I've managed to break the file into smaller one's so if you still want, I would be able to e-mail it piece by piece. Or, I just ran across that Yahoo e-mail accounts have a 1 gig capacity. So, I guess the question I need to ask you is...
Do you yahoo?
Old 01-03-2006, 05:43 PM   #97
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkie
Dragon Ball Z was one of those shows I used to make fun of all the time when Cartoon Network ran it practically 24/7... yet I spent alot of time watching it cause I had nothing else better to do at 1am in the morning.

But in my own defense, you sorta HAD to watch like 9 episodes just to see the entirety of a single fight. :P

Me too. I got into it when they were touting a baddie that would kill everyone (and did) but got into it. It was a really bad time in my life and DBZ was a break from reality. I discovered DBZ GT on a foriegn channel and used to watch it sans subtitles because by that time I loved the characters and cared what happened to them. Lame I know but it helped take my mind off of doing something drastic...looking forward to what was going to happen next.

My only complaint would be that Goku, who ends up being the most powerful asskicker evah, always died. Always. Then it turns out he outlives his own granddaughter!

And many others after it, including the Matrix sequels, have ripped it off like crazy, so it can't be as bad as some say.
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 05:48 PM   #98
JuliaGaltic

I have a lot of them but my most recent one is Samurai Champloo
Old 01-07-2006, 11:43 PM   #99
TheKorovaMilkbar

Quote:
No, I am not here. I have gone to a far away place. Just Kiddin'!

Sorry 'bout that Korova, I was out of town for the past week. Turns out the website is down at the moment, but I've managed to break the file into smaller one's so if you still want, I would be able to e-mail it piece by piece. Or, I just ran across that Yahoo e-mail accounts have a 1 gig capacity. So, I guess the question I need to ask you is...
Do you yahoo?
Nah, No Yahoo here. Let's take this to Private Messaging (which they've re-enabled). Just PM when you get this.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:20 AM   #100
Binkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
My only complaint would be that Goku, who ends up being the most powerful asskicker evah, always died. Always. Then it turns out he outlives his own granddaughter!
Exactly! Out of every character on that show, he was the coolest, yet he was always out of the action because he was in that afterlife area (Lol. It's been years since I've watched this). Now I'm all eager to go fishing around on Ebay and to find some of the early episodes of Goku whooping Vegeta's ass. :D
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote