Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
NapalmCow

Witch House?

What do you people think of new bands that revive 80s synths,such as Crystal Castles,S4lem,Light Asylum,oOoOO,and Pictureplane
NapalmCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #2
Class-Punk

I'm not a big fan of Witch house and I don't care a whole lot for the washed-out hipster sounds. But I love 80's Revival.

There's a lot of instrumental 80's synth revival bands like College, Adeyhawke, Com Truise, Noir Deco, Flashworx, Mitch Murder, ect. Then stuff that's more lyrical, Light Asylum and Cold Cave like you mentioned, along with "Holy Ghost!", and Minitel Rose.

And I suppose stuff that's somewhere between 80's retro and modern Electronica like Big Black Delta, M83, and Midnight Juggernauts.

And of course there's the massive amount of bands that could be considered Post-punk revival which can included Electronica but is more guitar, vox, or acoustic-instrument oriented.
Class-Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:25 AM   #3
Elystan

Was wondering when this thread was gonna show up. Personally I dig Salem.
Elystan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
Jon Wane

Funny how this fad died even quicker than I expected, but not remotely surprising either way.

Terrible, shallow, grossly "ironically-nostalgic" hipster tripe... and no one's even talking about anymore... within a period of just several months...

TRIANGLEZZZZHUEHUEHUE.

Glad the shit's more or less over and done with. Hasn't even been "hip" with all the cokehead trust fund kids since last year. Can't remember the last time this shitty excuse for a genre popped up on my screen until I came here today.
Jon Wane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:55 PM   #5
Hydrodyssodia

oOoOOo had a nice song, but for my life I can't remember it's name, and it's fucking hard to google "oooooo song"
Hydrodyssodia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:47 PM   #6
Haejin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrodyssodia View Post
oOoOOo had a nice song, but for my life I can't remember it's name, and it's fucking hard to google "oooooo song"
Are you talking about the one they remixed of Salems- Asia?
Haejin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:45 PM   #7
Hydrodyssodia

Nope, I meant this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtG4X6Vl60o
Hydrodyssodia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 08:56 AM   #8
TrivialMorose

I am teh Witch House Head... I recommend trying Death Kid, Cross Party and Trip Cult off the top of my Witch House Head.

If nothing else, try Trip Cult, it's awesome.

Lately I've been listening to Who Killed CJ, it's... uh... post witch house? Sad house? I guess? I like it...
TrivialMorose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 03:27 AM   #9
ZipSnipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrodyssodia View Post
Thanks for posting that one, nice sound to them, thought the vocals could be higher in the mix.
ZipSnipe is offline   Reply With Quote