Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 11-15-2013, 01:47 PM   #1
Delphina

global warming-- chemical or spiritual

Hello everyone. This is one of my 'pet' topics

I read many articles about global warming and the destruction of the earth. I feel strongly that they are true and it brings me incredible grief. But there is a part I feel is left out, at least in the mainstream media.

Global warming is often called man-made-- and I believe it is-- but the reason why is confusing. Science has trouble explaining it. People say "co2 is pollution? What I breathe out, that is pollution? How can that be?"

For centuries humans have been dividing themselves from God's creation. Many of your priests and philosophers and rulers say the earth is for you to use. This of course, is not true. Humans and the earth-- and the stars and all the universe for that matter-- are one. Intelligent cetaceans have known this all along, it is a basic thing, it is how we have lived so many millenia years where you will destroy yourselves-- and many others-- after just a few.

Even human scientists know this, but they cannot see it clearly. They continue to talk about man destroying the earth. This fundamentally feels wrong to people, so they turn away from it, but they don't know what really feels wrong is the separation of man from the planet, the universe, and God. If human scientists want to stop global warming, they must stop talking about the earth and humans as two different things.

As we goths know, life and death is a false binary. The earth has been deeply hurt before and has always healed, and the hurt and the healing has been beautiful. But there is a different kind of death than the death we know. A death that not our friend and is to be feared--spiritual death. The changes we are seeing in the climate now foreshadow this doom, and that's why they are so scary

what do you think?
Delphina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #2
Delphina

Thumbs down

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Delphina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:49 PM   #3
deathsdj

Personally I believe that the planet is ever changing and while some of those changes have been intensified by Man's presence and neglect there would nonetheless still be changes. I don't think we know enough to say anything for certain. With that being said I believe Man should be considerate and responsible towards our planet and our future generations. Honestly I have no idea how spirituality fits into it but I do find your thoughts very interesting and worth considering. There are so many angles to this subject that it is hard to consider them all without discussion and influence of multiple opinions.
deathsdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:12 AM   #4
Versus

For some people, environmentalism is the same thing as spirituality.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 04:27 PM   #5
Fruitbat

CO2 isn't 'pollution' as such. Global warming is caused by the increase of co2 in the atmosphere. It's the ppm (parts per million) that indicates global warming. From memory when we get to about 500ppm we are cooked, when it's 400ppm there's no going back (which I think it's at now).

If you want to explore this further look up Gaia, Cosmology. That would be good starters. Also Paganism does go into it. However there are those on this board who are more learned than I, who know more about it.

In addition there is Deep ecology, Joanna Macy does a lot of ecological spirituality, human ecology, social ecology, all interesting words and theories to look up.

Humans have lost their reverence for nature, they have become disconnected from the land, from their history with the Earth.

Our very existences depend on Mother Earth and yet we still go and destroy it. Humans are the smartest creatures on Earth? yeah, I doubt that. How many other critters go about destroying their own habitats?

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:30 AM   #6
AshleyO

My god, Delphina. You scamp!

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:51 AM   #7
Acharis

Part of me is hoping this is Ducky.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:53 PM   #8
ShiiteJihadi

Global Warming is a Damn Hoax from Al Gore to make money to fund the Zionist War on Lebanon and the rest of the Shi'ite Nations. Thankfully Hezballah fights to defend it
ShiiteJihadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 02:40 AM   #9
Versus

That was random.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote