Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 03-19-2006, 04:11 PM   #26
Godslayer Jillian

I want to see your tamagotchi resemble my avatar when you become Siouxie Sioux

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 04:51 PM   #27
Sobeh

Siouxsie?! When is that?? I've just now set up the perfect one too, hahaha, can't wait!
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 04:54 PM   #28
Empty_Purple_Stars

I didn't even know there was a Siouxie?

Of course I didn't know about the Peter Murphy title until Xng hit it, so I suppose it's possible.
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 04:56 PM   #29
Sobeh

Alack! and the crushed heart falls to the floor... I guess we all need our Will O' the Wisps to chase, don't we?
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Old 03-19-2006, 05:20 PM   #30
Ben Lahnger

Sobeh, I missed this earlier, but I've seen and enjoyed your posts elsewhere tremendously. You're a bright addition to this particular constellation. Hail and well met!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick

Last edited by Ben Lahnger; 03-19-2006 at 05:21 PM. Reason: punctuation
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 05:47 PM   #31
Sobeh

:-*

Thankee-sai!
Old 03-19-2006, 05:49 PM   #32
chloegoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobeh
I feel kinda bad now that I don't have a pic, at least not an electronic one.
I think it's *awesome* that your avatar is the little Tamagothy thinger. I used to play that for hours in college...

And you sound awesome (even though I don't agree with the movie, but that's just my own opinion and not something that I feel I need to make people agree with - I love lots of movies that other people don't)!

Welcome!
chloegoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:52 PM   #33
Sobeh

Okay, after something of a mini-hiatus due to finals, I'm proud to say I'm coming out of grad school with a 3.81 GPA. All that remains is a three-month intensive French language reading course, and to finish my thesis! Then it's.... oh yeah, unemployment until I can defer my loans yet again for the Ph.D. in '07.

Ah yes. Can't quite seem to find a tamagothi to mark the occasion, and I was disappointed recently to learn that I can't update my goth.code because the damn thing was eradicated from the 'net... c'est la vie, I suppose.

Okay then!