Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 05-31-2006, 09:53 AM   #1
belle hawk

Hey to everyone

Well actually there is not more about me.I'm 19 living in Izmir,Turkey.I became a member to this site some months ago but as i'm in another city for my uni,i couldn't have the chance to hang out here.Anyway actually i'm quite new to Gothic,i'm trying to discover more about it,so î'm open any suggestions.I generally listen Lacuna Coil,Leaves' Eyes,Within Temptation(my #1 fave),HIM,Cradle of Filth,My Ruin,The 69 Eyes, Rasmus and some from Malice Mizer,Epica and Theatre of Tragedy.I love watching Vampire movies such as Dracula 2000,Blade,Forest of the damned,and etc.My personal favorite of all is Queen of the damned.I don't think that i have read pure gothic novel yet,but i will start with Frankenstein,the mother of the gothic novels,lol,it can be a good start
belle hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:02 AM   #2
Draconysius

Lacuna Coil... Cradle of Filth... *shiver*
Please try to explain more about yourself, by the way. Also, "Frankenstein" is a good gothic novel, but "the Castle of Otranto" by Horace Walpole is almost certainly the "father" of all gothic literature.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:04 AM   #3
Draconysius

Because this is a literary forum, I would also suggest using correct punctuation, and leave the netspeak (lol/rofl) at the door. You'd be surprised how little stupidity it takes to anger most of us.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:14 AM   #4
Nike

Even though I agree that it is iportant to take care of grammar and leaving netspeak, I think you shold take into concideration that belle hawk is not a native English speaker. Correct punctuation and stuff might be a little bit more difficult for those learning a language than for those who have grown up with it

Anyways, merhaba, belle hawk!
Old 05-31-2006, 10:17 AM   #5
belle hawk

wow it's really surprising,by the way i especially used " the mother". Especially in English literature some parts sees it as the start of gothic influence.If Horace Walpole is the father of the genre,Mary Shelly is definately the mother of it.But i will certainly read the Castle of Otranto
after Shelly
Old 05-31-2006, 10:34 AM   #6
Draconysius

Well, I can forgive your difficulties with punctuation if you're not a native English-speaker. If you'd like to check out Otranto, then, you can download it from my homepage, here. Welcome to gnet, and I apologize.
http://furnation.com/arcs_place/writings.html

Last edited by Draconysius; 05-31-2006 at 10:36 AM. Reason: link correction
Old 05-31-2006, 10:40 AM   #7
belle hawk

no problem,actually i should pay attention as i'm studying English teaching as second language.And Thanks for the link
Old 05-31-2006, 10:51 AM   #8
OnixxFilth

Oh yes, most definitely don't use netspeak. You'll get roasted alive on here. Took me awhile to catch on, and I'm a native English speaker!
Old 05-31-2006, 11:05 AM   #9
Niels

Welcome!

I know some turkish words! ^_^ (although I have no clue how you write it...)

- bir (one)
- dondurma (icecream)
- cite (away)
- asholashek (stupid donkey)

I'm not sure... hm...

And don't worry, you're english will improve when you're around long enough
-
Old 05-31-2006, 11:20 AM   #10
belle hawk

I've never heard cite,we use "uzak" for away ,and I have to confess that i have never written esolessek(i had to check the dictionary). We generally use it in oral language.

I do really hope to improve my english here; it looks like many people pay attention to punctuations.At least it will help me with my advanced writing class
Old 05-31-2006, 11:40 AM   #11
Niels

hm... I learned these words from my friend, who has a father who studied turkology... And although I can't understand a word of it I love the sound of it
Old 05-31-2006, 11:47 AM   #12
Queenofdarkness57

Welcome belle hawk. This site is very uselful for improving your English. Trust me.
You seem very interesting, I'm looking forward for your contributions. Enjoy your stay
Old 05-31-2006, 11:57 AM   #13
Tindomiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle hawk
I love watching Vampire movies such as Dracula 2000
Welcome Belle Hawk! Hope you'll have a nice stay here. Haha, me and my friends watched Dracula 2000, and we couldn't stop laughing. Sorry to say it, but that is probably on of the worst movies I've ever seen . But, who am I to tell you what to like?

/Tindomiel
Tindomiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 12:13 PM   #14
succubus,queenofvampires

Hey, Belle. Welcome.

Oh, and don't worry about your English,I'm not a native English speaker too,but I'm sure that all the members will give you a second chance if you're willing to try.

Cartman(South Park): It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a woman's separation; this sort of penetration will
increase the population of the younger generation.
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 01:37 PM   #15
belle hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tindomiel
Welcome Belle Hawk! Hope you'll have a nice stay here. Haha, me and my friends watched Dracula 2000, and we couldn't stop laughing. Sorry to say it, but that is probably on of the worst movies I've ever seen . But, who am I to tell you what to like?

/Tindomiel
don't worry this is why i liked it,as that kind of things don't freak me,i find them rather amusing
Old 05-31-2006, 11:16 PM   #16
Sanctus Dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconysius
Lacuna Coil... Cradle of Filth... *shiver*
What the fuck in wrong with Lacuna Coil or CoF?

*sigh*

I apologise for that Jackass's openly and instantly displayed disapproval of your music choices Bell Hawk, Welcome to Gnet... we don't all front as snobs and most will openly accept and discuss whatever you choose to enjoy both musically and in literature. I hope you enjoy your visit without futher creative pre-judgement.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:08 PM   #17
maggot

Belle, when typing 'I' as in "I went to the store for some eggs,' you capitalize it.
You seem to be aware of your shift key, though, so all is well and good.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:12 PM   #18
Kinflame

Location: FGBWIERville, MKBJJKaryland, Unintelligent Shithole of America.
I, on the other hand, AM an arrogant snob, so welcome, and despite your sucky movie and music taste, this IS a good place to learn.

Nice to meet yourself, Belle. You seem like a cool person despite said liking of Cradle Of Filth. Lacuna Coil, I do like, some.
Kinflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:40 PM   #19
An Eccentric Cellist

*Smacks Kin* I hope you're joking. Even if you are don't be an asshole.

Turkey, cool. What is it like in Turkey?
Welcome to G.net Belle, please stick around.
An Eccentric Cellist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:25 PM   #20
bjork_freak

I love Lacuna Coil.

Welcome, belle hawk.
bjork_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:00 PM   #21
belle hawk

As I said before, I'm quite new to Gothic and I'm still trying to discover it,it's really hard to find some good gothic rock bands here ;becauese of that i have to content with them right now.You know they are just the first steps for me.Well this is the reason why i became a member of this place to learn more about gothic