Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 09-15-2011, 08:52 PM   #1
Leana

Hello, everyone

Looks like a lot I can get along with. Hopefully I can meet some sweet people here.

Onto an introduction, then...

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) Well, I'm not entirely sure how I wound up with a job in tech support with literally NO background, but hey... Guess I can't complain. Outside of work, I draw, write, read, practice music, sometimes a bit of programming and scripting every now and again.

2. Where are you from? Texas. Not giving anyone a town (balls up, that's for sure), just Texas. Currently in Austin.

3. Who is your favorite author? King or Lovecraft. Both fantastic authors.

4. What are your favorite films? Blade Runner; prolly one of the few films that's really caught my attention

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? Who said I was getting married?

6. At your funeral? Might sound a little wonky... But I do like the Mumbai theme. Might as well.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? Quickly. I'm a coward.

8. What kind of casket would you want? A tardis. (Not really; if anyone really cares to know, I'll tell)

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? Black jeans with a t-shirt; the jeans are a little botched, but still wearable

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? My legs used to be quite a convenient distance from the floor, just to where I could land a decent kick in the doctor's balls when he tried to give me a shot

11. What's your favorite band? I really don't have a particular favorite. As far as genre, I like a lot of things; rock, metal, industrial, techno, and yes, classical from time to time

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? Music, if I work up the guts to get back into it; otherwise, I might just go with something software-related

13. Why did you join? As I said, looks like a lot I can get along with. There seems to be a bit of a crossover with the crowd I hang out with.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? I'm a girl. And I bloody hate it sometimes.

I don't want to go on yakking, but if you have any other questions, write me. Or post here. idc
Leana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:12 PM   #2
Spooky Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leana View Post
8. What kind of casket would you want? A tardis. (Not really; if anyone really cares to know, I'll tell)
Share...!

And welcome to Gnet.

Zombie Protest:
"What do we want?" "Braaaaaaaaaaains...!"
"When do we want it?" "Braaaaaaaaaaains...!"
Spooky Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:02 AM   #3
Alan

Too cliché, but the Tardis thing was fucking brilliant!
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:25 AM   #4
Ben Lahnger

Hello from Houston, where I wish we had Austin's music scene.

I don't want to be buried in a Tardis ... I want to live in one.

Welcome to this place. I look forward to your contributions.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:18 PM   #5
Grausamkeit

You're a smart one to negate the marriage question. It truly is an institution.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:04 PM   #6
Beowulf

Hello and welcome, I hope you enjoy your time here !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:06 PM   #7
Kasdeja

Welcome! I like your avatar. Hope you have a good time here.

Kasdeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:27 AM   #8
Leana

Thanks everyone. I do have to admit, living in a tardis does sound a good deal better than being buried in one. Didn't think of that.

@Spence - I figured I would have come up with something by the time someone asked; but I can't seem to think of anything, so it looks like I'm being buried in a tardis.

@Alan - Perhaps, but the interest is there. It's just what I like.

@Ben - Austin's music scene is brilliant. But there's too many drummers, which forces me to be a bit more creative.

@Grausamkeit - I do have quite a few years before I even think about it. Even so, I can't see it happening. ^^;
Leana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:43 AM   #9
Grausamkeit

Good, don't let people convince you that it's something you have to do to be fulfilled in life. That's what careers are for.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:05 AM   #10
Doktor Haus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
Good, don't let people convince you that it's something you have to do to be fulfilled in life. That's what careers are for.
Yeah, you just keep on living without really having a reason, going from paycheck to paycheck under a wage driver whose only concern is maximum profit, especially if it means milking every last bit of life out of everything.

That's why it's a good idea to either work for yourself or for somehow who actually gives a damn, and always make something you love into work. Ha, wish I could find something like that.
Doktor Haus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:19 AM   #11
Grausamkeit

I said 'career' not 'job'. Jobs are what you do until you get a career that you love.