Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 03-19-2009, 08:41 PM   #26
Underwater Ophelia

It surprises me how many people poo in the morning.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:46 PM   #27
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
It surprises me how many people poo in the morning.
Dropping crap for me typically happens in the evening after I have ingested a bunch of fiber. Rarely do I do it in the morning, and when I do it pisses me off because then I have to make up for the lost time.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:51 PM   #28
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
Check Gnet and Facebook briefly (or I intend to do so briefly, but it consumes about 10 minutes).
Cool, after reading all the other posts I was thinking I be weird for being the only on who checks Gnet after I get out of bed and go to the automatic coffee maker. I sit and sip whilst reading the posts from our brethren in the Aussie time zones and percolate my mind into consciousness. THEN I get into the shower, toothbrush, shave and clothing routine.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:59 PM   #29
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
Cool, after reading all the other posts I was thinking I be weird for being the only on who checks Gnet after I get out of bed and go to the automatic coffee maker. I sit and sip whilst reading the posts from our brethren in the Aussie time zones and percolate my mind into consciousness. THEN I get into the shower, toothbrush, shave and clothing routine.
Hah. I thought I was the only one since no one else mentioned it, and I felt very lame. I am addicted to the interbutts

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Old 03-19-2009, 09:22 PM   #30
PortraitOfSanity

My morning routine involves rolling out of bed somewhere around 9 or 10 and going downstairs. Then I eat breakfast (whatever hard liquor I have left, and a bowl of Capt Crunch) while watching Married With Children. Then I take a shower around 12 and I'm officially awake.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:56 PM   #31
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity View Post
My morning routine involves rolling out of bed somewhere around 9 or 10 and going downstairs. Then I eat breakfast (whatever hard liquor I have left, and a bowl of Capt Crunch) while watching Married With Children. Then I take a shower around 12 and I'm officially awake.
You should substitute the milk in your cereal for liquor.

Now you've made me wonder if the Malt-o-Meal Cap'n Crunch berries in my closet are any good and worth eating at this hour. . .

Old 03-20-2009, 03:11 AM   #32
Opteron_Man

I wake up and think about the nightmare/dream I had.
I go into my other room and start a bit of music from my collection.
I go into the kitchen and put coffee grounds and water into the coffee maker and switch it on. Or I might fill my electric kettle for a pot of tea.
I go into the bathroom and take a leak, then get naked. I turn the shower on and step in. I wet my hair and put shampoo into it, rinse then slather in some conditioner. Then I run bar soap all over my body then scrub with a wash cloth. I rinse the conditioner out of my hair and rinse by body off.

I turn the tap off and step out. I towel off and walk to the sink with the towel around my waist. I brush my teeth, then shave my face with a cheap razor, and this lime smelling shaving cream. I walk out into my home naked, then sit at my computer and turn on more music, and maybe read something interesting. I get up, and walk to my bedroom. I rifle around in my drawer for some clean underwear and socks and put them on. I look into my closet and lay out a black pair of pants and black t-shirt.
I put them on then I sit and put on the black 8 hole Doc martins I have laying beside my bed.

I walk to the mirror in the hall or go into the bathroom and use the mirror there. I put a thin line of black eyeliner around my eyes and then smudge my upper eyelid a bit, then smudge the lower too. I might put on some silver eye shadow too.

Then I go out and pour coffee or dump the boiling water into my black teapot with the tea bags I put in earlier. Then I give the cat some food, and check to see if she has enough water. I will also give her some milk because she is at my feet begging for milk because she SAW the container in my hand and she was watching me go to the fridge.
If I am not in school, I will putter around all day, listen to music, and play Fallout 3 on the Xbox 360 pro.
I will read, and nibble on food. Snuggle my cat, and maybe go for a walk. I might also draw.
Today, I am going back to school, and finish what I started.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:09 AM   #33
isobel black

Depending on what I have to do that day I snooze for anywhere between 10 mins. to an hour after my alarm goes off.

I get up, go to the loo, get back to the bedroom to put on some pyjamas, and head downstairs into the kitchen. I have a glass of water and make myself a cappucino and a light breakfast consisting of a piece of fruit, and either a few crackers or some yoghurt with crunchy muesli.

I eat my breakfast at the computer. If I have time and can be bothered I'll work out, so I go back upstairs to change into my work out clothes and/or pick out what I'm going to wear, place the clean clothes in the bathroom, head to my work out room in the outbuilding and work out for anywhere between 20 mins. to an hour.

After that I go to the bathroom and have a shower. I wash my hair and apply conditioner, shave intimates, pits and legs in that order, then wash my body top to bottom before rinsing out the condintioner and rinsing off.

Once or twice a week I take a bath instead of a shower, and touch up the shaved parts of my 'do with clippers and pluck my eyebrows while in the tub, before following the same washing routine.

When I get out of the shower/bath, I dry my hair and body with a towel. Somehow I can never be bothered to do that very thoroughly. I apply deoderant and perfume, put on knickers, brush my hair and teeth. If I can be bothered I floss, brush my teeth, clean my tongue and use mouthwash, mostly I just brush my teeth and use mouthwash. Then I get dressed and I'm ready for the day. I just let my hair dry and I never wear make up.

On weekends I sleep in whenever I can, and will usually lounge about, unwashed, in my pyjamas and put off bathing until just before I go out to do whatever I have planned.
isobel black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:41 AM   #34
CrimsonPythonidae

My phone alarm starts going off at 5am, I hit snooze two or three times before I get up around 5:30.
I turn on the TV and watch "Spicks and Specks" while I cook and eat breakfast and have a good, strong coffee in the hope that it will wake me up and prevent me from falling asleep at the wheel on my way to work. (Which reminds me, I saw the Tardis on my way in one morning! Right there on the side of the road. That was weird.)
I tend to leave my clean washing in the basket after taking it off the line so in the morning I scrounge through the clothes basket for a set of work clothes, which are undies, bra, shorts, singlet, work shirt with logo on pocket and socks. Unless it's winter in which case it's pants instead of shorts and I leave my work jacket in the car so I don't forget it.
I usually shower at the end of the day on workdays but in the morning on weekends so before work my bathroom stop is minimal. I don't want to waste precious breakfast time. I clean the sleep out of my eyes, pee, brush my teeth, put on deodorant and try and do something with my hair, I actually don't know what, I kind of just move my hands in it and over it for a few seconds, kind of scruffing it up, then I find some clips from the cabinet and bung those in the fringey part. That is really just to hold it out of my eyes so I don't fall down any drains. The clips have bows and butterflies or some crap on them, ha ha, they're very pink and girly, the boys at work tease me about them.
Then I put on my steel cap boots whilst watching cartoons until my friend arrives and we both go to work together in my car, leaving at about 6:20.
If it's the weekend it's pretty much the same deal except I sleep for maybe an extra hour, watch different programs, shower before dressing and wear different clothing.

"Good morning HumanePain and Pyre!"
CrimsonPythonidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:32 AM   #35
Beneath the Shadows

If my wife has class:

1. Wake up around 9 o'clock AM.
1.5. Put clothes on. (Given a ".5" because sometimes I wear pajamas.)
2. Change Ashe's diaper.
3. Change Zephram's diaper.
4. Make Trent go to the bathroom.
5. Bring them all downstairs.
6. Give Trent and Zephram breakfast.
7. Make Ashe a bottle.
8. Feed bottle to Ashe.
9. Put Ashe back to sleep. (Thankfully, he's that young.)
10. Entertain Trent and Zephram.
11. Wash pots and pans.
11.5. If there's laundry to do, start.
12. Noon.

If my wife does not have class:

1. Sleep.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:40 AM   #36
Noirette

Wake up (around 06:30 at the morning).
Dress up. Wash face, brush teeth, pet the cat (she's in a good mood only early at the morning. Later she bites every person who tries to pet her. Strange creature.) put on white eye-liner, grey eyeliner, mascara and paint my eyebrows.
Wake up little sisters, try to make them get out of bed and get ready to school (They use my parent's apathy to keep sleeping.)
Prepare my bag for today, make myself a cap of tea and forget about it until it's too bitter, wait until my sisters tell me what do they want to eat for school, prepare it. Wake my father, get ready and get out. School time.
Noirette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:44 AM   #37
Tam Li Hua

Monday through Friday: Wake up to hubby's alarm at 5:30 AM, and hubby getting up. Roll over and go back to sleep until my alarm goes off at 6 AM. Hit the Snooze alarm a few times, then finally get up at behest of husband and take shower together. [hee hee]

Get out of shower, dry off, put on a T-shirt and some undies. Go to kitchen, fix bowl of cereal/two pieces of toast/a bagel for breakfast. Surf the 'Net and watch TiVoed Spongebob as I help hubby get off to work by 7:15. Finish breakfast and Spongebob after hubby leaves, give rest of milk to dog if I had cereal. Get dressed, and get to work before 8 AM, if at all possible.

Saturday: Sleep in and make love with hubby.

Sunday: Same as weekday, only hubby and I both go to church instead of going to work separately.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:57 AM   #38
Minyaliel

My usual morning (A = early lecture day / B = late lecture day):

B (most common) - I´ll wake up because it´s too damn bright in the room to sleep (about 10.30 am). I´ll be lazy for another 15 minutes until I get a bad conscience and, squintingly, drag my macbook onto the mattress to check the sites that really need checking; my two email accounts, my site, facebook, ravelry and more often than not aftenposten.no and the university´s intraweb just in case the lecture´s been cancelled. Realising this is not the case, I will roll out of bed, put on my dressing gown, make my bed and shuffle off into the bathroom (which is, strangely enough, hardly ever occupied, even though I live with four other people). I will put on my contacts (oh! I can see! Yay!), soak my face in icy cold water just to be certain I´m awake (especially after working late shifts at the pub), brush my teeth and comb my hair and shuffle off to the kitchen after ten minutes because I´m hungry. It is usually around 11 am about then. I eat two slices of bread, usually with either jam, avocado slices or peanut butter, and make myself a big pot of yasmine tea. I will then sit down and read the paper that the girl I live with kindly puts on the kitchen table each morning while I eat. Then I will realise I´m late, and rush off into my room, taking the tea pot with me, to get dressed, which usually takes about ten minutes, depending on the degree of messiness in my wardrobe. I will then proceed to the bathroom again and do my makeup (which takes all between 10 minutes to half an hour, depending on how much time I actually do have left) before I go back to my room, stuff my Mac and my knitting in my briefcase, check that I´ve got my cell phone, bus card, student ID, keys and money just in case something unexpected happens, put on my boots and some sort of jacket or coat and hurry down the stairs to catch a tube.

A - I wake up to Siouxsie´s "If It Doesn´t Kill You" from "Mantaray" at 8 am. I groan, and press snooze. The damn thing leaves me in a daze for another five minutes until I´ve realised I really have to go to the damn lecture and will be late. I still procrastinate for another few minutes until I force myself out of bed. I´ll stumble over to my wardrobe, pull out something resembling clothing (usually yoga pants and a t- shirt just because I´m sleepy and can´t be arsed). I go to the bathroom and find it occupied. Cursing, I go back to my room to make my bed. I finish and go to check whether the bathroom´s available. I hear shower noises and someone yodeling in there, obviously oblivious to the amount of the time they´ve already spent in there. Curses. Get breakfast. Being grumpy I take my two slices of bread into my room to eat it there while I despair at how little time I´ve got left to do my makeup. Shower person finally finishes. The bathroom is a wet mess and the mirrors are still so steamy I can´t see a damn thing. I take my mascara and a concealer and go to my room, even though the lighting is lousy, apply it and call it a day. I´m waay too late at this point, so I will stuff my mac into my briefcase and run off to catch the tube, which I miss. I will then arrive five minutes too late for my lecture and curse myself for not bringing some kind of caffeine and my knitting.

XD
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 06:05 AM   #39
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonPythonidae View Post

"Good morning HumanePain and Pyre!"
:recognizes own name in dreamy half conscious state:

Ugh. Good Morning. I think. :sips coffee: Uh...oh yeah, it's Friday. Yeah, it is a good morning. :sip:
:yawn:

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 06:16 AM   #40
CrimsonPythonidae

Well since it's already been today here, and being Friday no less, I can assure you it's a good day.

Don't work too hard :-D
CrimsonPythonidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:59 AM   #41
Pyre

Crimson: Ohno! The one morning I don't get on Gnet and I miss my morning welcome. (And I was still almost late for class.)

Opteron: You shouldn't feed your cat milk, or feed any animal milk, really, if they're full-grown. Humans are the only animals that have a stomach for milk after the nursing period, and even we all are still lactose-intolerant to a degree. So, if you've noticed your cat having bathroom problems, such as diarrhea, it is a result of the milk you feed her. Just a good tip.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:19 AM   #42
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
Opteron: You shouldn't feed your cat milk, or feed any animal milk, really, if they're full-grown. Humans are the only animals that have a stomach for milk after the nursing period, and even we all are still lactose-intolerant to a degree. So, if you've noticed your cat having bathroom problems, such as diarrhea, it is a result of the milk you feed her. Just a good tip.
Really! Hmm, thanks for telling me that Pyre, I didn't realise that it was actully bad for her. I thought it was just some story I heard.
I am not sure, but I think she takes more trips to the litter box then she should.
Also, her waste might be a little too foul smelling. I wondered what the hell, so thanks for giving me that tip. That milk IS probably disagreeing with her.
Well, I won't be feeding my little friend milk now.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:50 AM   #43
viscus

I wake up to the sound of whatever's on the morning radio, hit the snooze button and sleep a bit more. When the alarm goes off again, I might hit the snooze button a second time.

Finally, in a half-awake state, I turn the TV on and take in whatever's playing for a few minutes. Then I drag myself out of bed to use the toilet. The weather's getting warmer, so I don't have to turn the heater on and crawl back into bed for a while.

I then wash a few dishes if I have dirty ones in the sink that I need to use. Then I put on a pot of coffee and fix a bit of breakfast, usually toast with butter and jam, and a cup of plain yogurt with granola and brown sugar.

If I've got a bit of extra time, I'll turn on the computer and check up on internet stuff. If not I'll just leave it.

I take off my pajamas and get partially dressed (pants, socks, and undershirt) then return to the bathroom. Every other day I shave. I floss, brush my teeth, rinse my mouth, and groom my hair. Then I finish getting dressed (shirt, tie, and jacket or sweater vest).

I grab my wallet, keys, and mobile phone and put them in my pocket. I'll probably have checked the weather either on the TV or internet at this point and have turned everything off. Then I pack my shoulder bag with books, my camera, DS, PSP, electronic dictionary, pencil case, a pack of tissues, and maybe my laptop with it's charger and bluetooth mouse (yes, it is rather heavy when fully loaded).

I then slip my shoes on, walk out the door, lock it, and set out to face the day.

Not everything always goes precisely in that order.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:21 AM   #44
gothicusmaximus

I'm surprised so many people have such a regimented procedure for waking up.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:31 AM   #45
JCC

I look in the mirror and ejaculate after I've gotten up at 7:30. After that I mix it up, I like to surprise myself.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:23 AM   #46
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
I'm surprised so many people have such a regimented procedure for waking up.
[Most] Humans are nothing if not creatures of habit.

JCC: "Shock me shock me shock me with that deviant behavior." [Extra rep points to whomever knows the movie this quote is from.]
Old 03-20-2009, 11:33 AM   #47
Underwater Ophelia

Extra rep points to whomever lowers Tam's rep points.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:01 PM   #48
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
Extra rep points to whomever lowers Tam's rep points.
That was unnecessary.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:03 PM   #49
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua View Post
That was unnecessary.
Regardless, I chuckled.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:16 PM   #50
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua View Post
That was unnecessary.
You're right, your rep points are already at zero, so I don't see how much worse it could get.