Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:56 PM   #1
wishcat

New again... Wishcat says Hi!

Hi!

Well, I used to post here along time ago but I had alot of bad things happen to me, so i was unable to play here any longer...

I dug up my old intro and decided to copy and paste it hehe. Well I did edit it a bit. =^.^=

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) Nothing much but work, work, and work. I love music and collecting anything music related especially The Cure. And I also enjoy photography quite a bit.

2. Where are you from? Was born In Mexico, But I am from San Diego, California. USA

3. Who is your favorite author? Umm... JRT and Anne Rice

4. What are your favorite films? Lord of the rings, The Crow, Interview with a Vampire, What Dreams May Come...

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? The Cure

6. At your funeral? Hmmm... dunno yet

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? Falling from an airplane

8. What kind of casket would you want? black with faeries on it

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? Anything black and sexy and lacy ^.~

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? Freedom and not having to worry about anything; and my family.

11. What's your favorite band? The Cure!!

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? I am currently in college and I think I'm gonna be a dental hygienist

13. Why did you join? Meow!

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? Female
Old 10-20-2009, 08:01 PM   #2
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
WISHCAT! :glomp hug:

Welcome back!

EDIT: OK, sorry to get so happy over seeing you again, but I know what you went through and everything and am glad your life is moving forward for you again and so well I am just damn happy to see your familiar face again!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:04 PM   #3
wishcat

HumanePain!!!!!!!!

Hi sweetie!!!!!

I was wondering if you guys still post here... It's been a while!

Thank you!! *bear hug!*

Haha! It's ok I don't mind =p heh that pic is kinda old now ^.^

I'll post some new ones.

So how ya been???
Old 10-20-2009, 08:06 PM   #4
Saya

I'm not sure if I remember you or if we've even spoken, but welcome back ^_^
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:08 PM   #5
Solumina

Hey I remember you, about time you came back!
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:10 PM   #6
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishcat View Post
So how ya been???
Oh, just freaking out over my daughter and grandson moving out...again. You can read my blogs for details (go to my profile and you will see my Gnet blogs on her drinking), freaking out over my job (trying to stay employed in this damn economy) and enduring a chaotic household with my sister-in-law and her 16 year old son who moved in with us a few months ago when she separated from her husband, who put a restraining order on her, another drama story.

But other than that, swell! Haha!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:16 PM   #7
wishcat

Hehe ah well things will get better xD

At least things are interesting in your life ha!

Hi Solumina!!! thank you!
Old 10-20-2009, 08:18 PM   #8
Solumina

You're welcome dear.

So how have things been going for you lately?
-Carbon Leaf
Old 10-20-2009, 08:26 PM   #9
wishcat

Things are ALOT better!

Last year was really rough for me. My mom had a tripple heart bypass. She made it and now has a pacemaker installed too. She recovered pretty good and her health is getting better =D

I had to take the year off of school so I could take care of her, but I will be returning next semester.

Me and my boyfriend of eight years, got back together! We had a long talk and have been working things out this past year as well. Right now, things are very good between us! I kinda lost myself along the way, but I'm good now. I've been trying to pick up the pieces of my life and become my old self again. I feel good and I'm thankfull for alot of things.

How have you been?
Old 10-20-2009, 09:40 PM   #10
carakitty

A fan of The Cure? check
Likes photography? check
Friend of cats? check (at least I'm assuming...)
Medical drama in family? check.

I say we're off to a good start, lol.
carakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:50 PM   #11
Solumina

I'm glad to hear that things are going so well, I know you were really having a rough time and it is nice to see that things have turned around.

Things with me have been...well...interesting. I'm no longer in school, I didn't graduate but I have officially separated from the university so I guess that makes me a college drop out, woot, it is actually kind of liberating even though people seem to judge me for it (thankfully my mother is very supportive and understands that this is what I needed to do to be healthy right now). Jake did graduate and we have gotten engaged and are planning the wedding for next September but haven't nailed down an exact date or very many other details as we are really indecisive.

We are currently living in Newport News with two roommates and we are both working Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, which is a big, fun mess in and of itself. He currently has a permanent job but isn't too fond of it so he is looking for something better, possibly the Navy but we shall see. I haven't been able to find anything permanent so once HOS is over I'm going to be going to bartending school, which should be fun and should land me a gig as there are plenty of bars, clubs, and restaurants that seem to be continuing to do well in this economy.

Hm...lets see I'm pretty sure last time you were on here I was still facing my struggle with grief/depression/complete meltdowns and that seems to have passed (I had an excellent psychologist who I saw every week for about a year and I spent a good deal of time on medication that actually worked). I'm out of therapy and off of medication but I still seem to be doing really well, though I do have some days where it is a struggle most of the time I can push my way through it and if I'm having problems I can either call my old psychologist or a family friend who happens to be a psychiatrist and talk my way though it.

oh and my brother is finally turning into a semi-responsible person. It kind of terrifies me but switching majors to finance seems to have really changed something about his outlook on life and he is actually doing really well, he even made deans list this past semester, which is a major relief for my mother as I think she was worried that he would turn out like her brother (who never really did anything with his life, despite all of his potential, because he never really found something that gave him direction).

Bleh that was a lot of text but what it boils down to is that things are going pretty well here.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 10-21-2009, 07:32 AM   #12
Stormtrooper of Death

Welcome back I suppose, I don't recall talking to you. Anyways, welcome back.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:55 AM   #13
wishcat

Grrr... I posted a long reply here and I guess I got logged out and it didn't post. Ugh! that makes me mad!! >.<

First of all Congrats on the engagement!!!

I'm glad to hear that things are going good for you. I'm also glad that you're off of therapy and medications. You know, I've never seen a psychologist. I know with all the stuff that has happened to me in my life, I should have seen one. I always seemed to do my own therapy I guess. I always just talk it out with someone and write it all down somewhere, wheather it's in a messageboard or in my journal. I kinda stopped writting in journals though because I haven't had the time heh. I recently dug up some old journals and skimmed through it, and I didn't like how it made me feel. It was so sad... So I ripped out all the sad pages and threw them away lol. I'm a very good listener, so If you ever feel like you need to talk to someone, you can talk to me ok. ^.^

I think I tured out ok concidering how f***ed up my family was. I'm the youngest of four sisters and I'm the most normal one there is hehe!
My oldest sister is a single mom with two kids who has been clinically depressed for years, ever since her boyfriend left her for another woman.

My other sister seems to be living comfortably. She is a medical assistant and is living happily with her family but something is wrong with her because she is always yelling. Even though I remain calm and talk to her in a soft tone, she will yell. Heh I just don't get it.

And my other sister has a learning disability and has some mental problems. When my dad past away, she blamed all the sisters for his death and stopped talking to us. I'm happy now though because after so many years, she has finally started talking to me again! xD

Hmm... Bartending is a good idea! I was just telling one of my friends to be one because he didn't know what he should do with his life. I think it's a good profession because there are always going to be bars and clubs around, or people haveing parties hehe. I also like the fact that you can wear whatever you want and be unique. I personally wouldn't be able to be one, only because It's hard for me to be mean, and I know you can get some dickheads up in there. =p

Well seems like things are looking up for all of us! =^.^=

So have you decided where you want to get married?
Old 10-21-2009, 07:58 AM   #14
wishcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by carakitty View Post
A fan of The Cure? check
Likes photography? check
Friend of cats? check (at least I'm assuming...)
Medical drama in family? check.

I say we're off to a good start, lol.
Haha you're silly!

Yes I have two meow meows =p

So where are you from?
Old 10-21-2009, 09:49 AM   #15
Malice In Wonderland

I'd say you're a maybe.

Also, welcome.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:13 AM   #16
carakitty

Quote:
Haha you're silly!

Yes I have two meow meows =p

So where are you from?
Yep, I sure am silly! If you're looking for a ChipperGoth, I'm the girl for the job (most of the time)

We have four kitties at my house, our first babies. One 17 year old, two 10 year olds and a 6 year old.

I was raised in Southern CA but then married a military man and since then have lived in Texas, Alaska, Florida, Hawaii, now Colorado.

Tell us more about you =)
Old 10-21-2009, 10:41 AM   #17
wishcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice In Wonderland View Post
I'd say you're a maybe.

Also, welcome.
O_o Umm...what do you mean I'm a maybe?

So Carakitty... Where is Southern Cali. were you from?

And just ask me and I'll tell ya... What do you wanna know? ^.~
Old 10-21-2009, 11:00 AM   #18
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
O_o Umm...what do you mean I'm a maybe?
Hey, take it as a good thing, prove to be an interesting person and you may be elevated to a yes.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:00 AM   #19
carakitty

hehe... Your neck of the woods, sort of. I was raised in Mission Viejo. My dad was raised in National City. He did real estate for a while and had a couple properties in Coronado so I spent many a summer day frolicking along Silver Strands in the elementary school years.

Great, put me on the spot like that. Thanks. =) Um, how do you feel about snow and cold? Totally random but the best I can come up with right now!
Old 10-21-2009, 11:08 AM   #20
Beowulf

Welcome back, I hope you enjoy your time here !!!. : )
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:31 AM   #21
wishcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice In Wonderland View Post
Hey, take it as a good thing, prove to be an interesting person and you may be elevated to a yes.
Umm...ok... O.o

Haha so maybe I'm not the only weirdo here! Kid I kid =p

Well actually I don't feel like I have to prove myself or prove how interesting I am to anyone. You either like me or you don't... Plain and simple. No offense intended.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:27 PM   #22
Solumina

Quote:
So have you decided where you want to get married?
Well we haven't made the final decision but we are looking into chartering a sailboat and having the marriage performed by the captain. We have already decided that it will be a small wedding and a larger wedding celebration the following weekend instead of a traditional reception (and my mom's friend has offered to host the party which is really nice since a similar venue would run about $5000). I suppose it is rather silly that we have the party more or less figured out but are still pretty lost about the actual wedding.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 10-21-2009, 11:50 PM   #23
Anarasha

Welcome back! :) I can't say I remember having posted in the same periods as you, but it's always good to see interresting and exciting new and/or old members join up with us =) And you seem like just that. I am most certainly looking foreward to some of your posts! =)
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:00 AM   #24
wishcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by carakitty View Post

Great, put me on the spot like that. Thanks. =) Um, how do you feel about snow and cold? Totally random but the best I can come up with right now!
I don't really like being cold too much because I have iron deficiency anemia and that makes me get colder than the average person. I would rather be cold than hot though. =p

I do however LOVE the rain, rain storms/thunder storms! I also love the snow, although I haven't seen snow in decades... I lived in South Dakota for a year when I was eight and it was fun, and my dad used to take us to Alpine during winter to play in the snow, back when he was alive.

So yea... I love overcast weather and cloudy, rainy days. I can't stand it when it's super hot out. I get grumpy, and headaches, and because I am so pale, I burn haha!

Quote:
Well we haven't made the final decision but we are looking into chartering a sailboat and having the marriage performed by the captain!
Wedding on boats sound like fun but I really do hate the ocean lol. I don't know how to swim and almost drowned once. I tend to get sea sick and dizzy when I'm on a boat or on a pier haha! People seem to love weddings on boats though, so I'm sure your wedding will be lots of fun.^^

I want to get married at the cemetary where my dad is at. It is sooo beautiful and lovely there. The chapel is amazing! When I found out that they do wedding there, I was like, "Oh yea! XD"

I would love to get married on Hallows' Eve at the cematary! Of course I would have to get my boyfriend to agree on it heh.

I found an article of a couple who did a zombie costume wedding. I'll dig it up and post it on a new thread. I thought it was super cool and sounded like sooo much fun.

Anyways... I am rambling now haha so I'll stop. ^.~

Last edited by wishcat; 10-22-2009 at 07:04 AM. Reason: EDIT: Oh and thanks to all of you for the warm welcome!!
wishcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:41 PM   #25
Ophelia's Snorkel

I'm still new here, so I didn't know you when you were posting before, but I'm genuinely happy that so many things have worked out for you lately. It feels funny to offer a welcome to someone who knows this place better than I do, so take this instead: glad to have you here!