Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:42 PM   #1
vindicatedxjin

Dead birds and fish

Poor things.

vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:30 PM   #2
ape descendant

So, what is this and how did it happen? I just see black stuff... can't tell what it is.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:07 PM   #3
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
So, what is this and how did it happen? I just see black stuff... can't tell what it is.
Each one of those black things, is a bird, this has happened to hundreds of birds, in two locations now. All those birds are being sent here to Wisconsin for analysis, because scientists have no idea what the heck happened.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:59 PM   #4
vindicatedxjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
Uhm click the link.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:38 PM   #5
ape descendant

Holy fucking shit!!! NOoooo!! I hope they figure out what is happening... soon.

*didn't realize that was a link... *

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:51 PM   #6
KontanKarite

Wow. A lot of dead animals.

I'm a little miffed that they can't help themselves but drop buzzwords in their articles such as "End of Days".

I want to call the writer of this article an asshole for that one.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:57 PM   #7
Saya

And yea, God said unto Elijah, "You shall know the End Of Days when I leave a bunch of dead birds in a middle of an American road, for they did displease me and were wicked in my sight."
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:39 PM   #8
KontanKarite

Saya, I am going to need an answer from you eventually. Don't leave a brother hangin'.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:34 PM   #9
Pineapple_Juice

How sad...
Old 01-05-2011, 12:45 AM   #10
Versus

I don't want to make a big deal out of it, but I also want to run outside screaming "What the fuck?"

Seriously. That resonates strangely with my mind.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:35 AM   #11
CptSternn

I saw that on the US and EU news.

I thought it was funny the 'End Of Days' references everyone was making. Because, you know, when a large chunk of animals die it is usually because God himself is sending a message. Forget the fact we live in a world where hundreds of whales beach themselves whenever the military tests new weapons or sonar underwater, or that animals die off in-masse when companies illegally dump toxins - something that happens quite often. Nope, a chunk of the population goes straight to it must be an act of God, and it's obviously the Apocalypse.

Don't get me wrong, as a Catholic I believe in the End Of Days and the Apocalypse, but I reserve claiming those events are actually happening to when, you know, you have exhausted all other plausible possibilities.

It's like those people who say... 'I have a headache. Obviously I must have stage four brain cancer.'

A bit of perspective could go a long way sure.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:26 AM   #12
Still Jack

Sounds weird to me. Like when all the bees started disappearing a few summers ago and no one had a fucking clue where they went.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:42 AM   #13
vindicatedxjin

What's really weird about this to me, (and PLEASE don't think I'm batshit crazy) is that lately I've been seeing an insane amount of planes here in the Dallas metroplex area, and I'm not talking normal, travel, passenger planes. I've lived around airports my whole life and I know what normal planes sound and look like, and how much air traffic there usually is. Believe me when I say that something fishy is going on.
As soon as twilight hits around 5:30 here...the whole fuckin sky is full of these planes, about 15 of them, and they just circle, and circle until I wake up in the morning to get ready for work. They're closer to the ground than normal planes, and they have extremely bright lights so they are easy to differentiate from normal planes. I've been seeing them since October and everyone I know..family, coworkers have noticed the same thing. Plus we've all been having allergy/resperatory issues. On top of that everyones noticed strange, linear, looking clouds.
I've been curious of course, so everyday I google this shit to find out if anythings been on the news regarding the situation. But in 3 months I wasn't able to find even ONE thing about it. Till yesterday, I saw this article about the animals...and searched again about the airplanes, and found a city forum from a neighbor city. Well on this forum there was a thread dedicated to how people have been seeing airplanes early in the morning spraying shit in the air.

So I started looking into geoengineering in the dallas area.

Make fun of me if this sounds crazy, but what if they're testing weather control and animals aren't responding well to the chemicals used?

One of the people on the forum, wrote the Texas commission on environmental quality. They responded with this...

"The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality does not have the authority to regulate emissions from jet engines. I do not believe there is a regulatory agency, either state or federal that regulates this activity. My understanding is that the composition of jet contrails is primarily water vapor, so I don't think there has been any reason to develop regulations to control them."

I don't know what to think. I just want to stop coughing.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:35 AM   #14
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Birds are very sensitive, hence there use in early mining days as an early warning tool for the detection of toxic mine vapors.

I have read and heard that there were local fireworks at the time. My hypothesis is that they flew into the resulting chemical cloud from the explosions and the sulfur fumes killed them (sulfur when inhaled into their tiny little lungs mixed with water vapor resulting in sulfuric acid, killing them).

The following link describes firework smoke constituents:
http://stopglobalwarmingtogether.com...some-solutions

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:49 AM   #15
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite View Post
Saya, I am going to need an answer from you eventually. Don't leave a brother hangin'.
What? When? Huh? Yes? I don't know? ...I was dead at the time?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:58 AM   #16
Despanan

Quick, Get Sam and Dean on the case!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:01 AM   #17
vindicatedxjin

I would totally want to work with them, cuz then we could share hotel rooms and....stuff.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:03 AM   #18
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
What's really weird about this to me, (and PLEASE don't think I'm batshit crazy) is that lately I've been seeing an insane amount of planes here in the Dallas metroplex area, and I'm not talking normal, travel, passenger planes. I've lived around airports my whole life and I know what normal planes sound and look like, and how much air traffic there usually is. Believe me when I say that something fishy is going on.
As soon as twilight hits around 5:30 here...the whole fuckin sky is full of these planes, about 15 of them, and they just circle, and circle until I wake up in the morning to get ready for work. They're closer to the ground than normal planes, and they have extremely bright lights so they are easy to differentiate from normal planes. I've been seeing them since October and everyone I know..family, coworkers have noticed the same thing. Plus we've all been having allergy/resperatory issues. On top of that everyones noticed strange, linear, looking clouds.
I've been curious of course, so everyday I google this shit to find out if anythings been on the news regarding the situation. But in 3 months I wasn't able to find even ONE thing about it. Till yesterday, I saw this article about the animals...and searched again about the airplanes, and found a city forum from a neighbor city. Well on this forum there was a thread dedicated to how people have been seeing airplanes early in the morning spraying shit in the air.

So I started looking into geoengineering in the dallas area.

Make fun of me if this sounds crazy, but what if they're testing weather control and animals aren't responding well to the chemicals used?

One of the people on the forum, wrote the Texas commission on environmental quality. They responded with this...

"The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality does not have the authority to regulate emissions from jet engines. I do not believe there is a regulatory agency, either state or federal that regulates this activity. My understanding is that the composition of jet contrails is primarily water vapor, so I don't think there has been any reason to develop regulations to control them."

I don't know what to think. I just want to stop coughing.
You are batshit insane.
Quote:
Old 01-05-2011, 09:24 AM   #19
vindicatedxjin

I know it sounds absolutely insane! But if you came to Dallas and stayed here a week, you would totally know what I'm talking about.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:09 AM   #20
Despanan

So, let me get this straight...

You see an abnormally large number of planes hanging around a major city, with a major airport, and you see planes circling, and around the same time, your allergies start to go off...and you think Bird-killing, allergy-inducing weathermachine.

You don't consider that maybe the airport is simply dealing with an abnormally large influx of traffic, which they are not large enough to fully accommodate, hence cargo planes and the like being ordered to circle until such time as they can land.

You don't consider that it's winter, and due to snow and ice on the tracks, other airports in the nation my have had to redirect flights to an airport which is not dealing with these problems, like one in texas.

You don't consider that we're getting into the really cold months, and even in Texas the heat is coming on, old radiators are buzzing and releasing dirt, dust, and mold particles into the air which often causes a flare up of seasonal allergies.

No.
Your brain immediately goes to comic supervillian-esque experiments being performed in the air above Dallas. Instead of simply calling the airport to ask what's up with all the planes, you start surfing friggin' CHEMTRAILS websites.

Really Vind? REALLY?
Quote:
Old 01-05-2011, 10:36 AM   #21
Despanan

I'm sorry...I am just beside myself with how stupid this is.

I was going to make fun of Sternn for believing in fairy tales and Arnold Schwarzenegger movies, but this...geoengineering?

Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that you're RIGHT Vind. The government is developing a Tornado Cannon (c). Tell me, where do governments usually test new top-secret technologies, like for instance, an atomic bomb? Are these things developed:

a) In a remote location, where there are little to no civilians, thus minimizing the risk of detection/unforseen "x" factors damaging the experiment's integrity/potential property damage and loss of life.

or

b) In/near a major metropolis, filled with millions of people and billions of dollars in property and industry.

Also: put yourself in the government's shoes: WHY THE BLEEDING BLUE FUCK WOULD YOU CONDUCT AN EXPERIMENT TO ALTER WEATHER PATTERNS IN TEXAS OF ALL PLACES.

Texas has a MILD FUCKING CLIMATE. THERE IS NO CONCEIVABLE REASON WHY ANYONE WOULD WANT TO ALTER THE WEATHER IN TEXAS.

You would want to alter the weather in Alaska, or Maine, ya know, where the weather is a problem from time to time.

God DAMN. I am literally LIVID with rage that you would draw the conclusion you have, from the data you have observed...It's like you're a government experiment meant to drive up my blood pressure.

Wait...that's a possibility. I'd better go to Infowars and see if the government is doing stuff like that in the New York area!

BRB!
Quote:
Old 01-05-2011, 10:45 AM   #22
Versus

I have a confession, Despanan:

I am a machine that generates random bits of awesome built by the government and embedded into Gothic.net for the sole purpose of damaging it's members self-esteem with my alpha male bravado to prevent them from rockin' the boat.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:50 AM   #23
Despanan

YOU BASTARD! You'll never get away with this!
Quote:
Old 01-05-2011, 11:07 AM   #24
vindicatedxjin

Des trust me I know I sound crazy, and I know how much you hate anything that even remotely sounds like a conspiracy theory...all that shit pisses me off too but you know that little feeling you get in your gut, where you know something isn't quite right. That's what I'm feeling.

And do you really think that if I called all the airports in the metroplex, they would tell me the truth? Come on dude.

I'm not trying to be an anti-government fear mongerer. For all I know it could be the government trying to save lives. I DON'T fucking know.

But how dare you, try to make me look like a complete idiot because I and countless other Texans have been seeing things that are way out of the fucking norm.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:09 AM   #25
vindicatedxjin

OH and I find it hilarious, that you actually take the time to change your font style and size just to get your point across.