Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 06-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #526
pothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Rebellion View Post
Why didn't someone donate the Jesus toast to an art place?
because it is just a piece of toast it is nothing special, and it wasn't made with hands, so why don't you make a thing on facebook like a group or a page or a event titled draw fsm day ?
pothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #527
pothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Rebellion View Post
Why didn't someone donate the Jesus toast to an art place?
they should have
Old 06-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #528
pothead

whats wrong with the world today?
Old 06-16-2012, 10:57 PM   #529
Kasdeja

Quote:
Originally Posted by pothead View Post
Good question. Let's start with what's wrong with you.

Props to Spooky Spencer for the 'shopped avatar!
If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.
Kasdeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:36 AM   #530
Timeless Rebellion

I second Kasdeja's motion!
The Flying Spaghetti Monster approves as well!
Forget me not, and keep my memory.
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:06 AM   #531
ape descendant

Quote:
Well, that's a rather pessimistic way to start a conversation.

Wanna talk about what's wrong with the world, when in reality, it's pretty goddamned awesome.

We live on the only planet that is known to support life. I mean, of all the planets we could have ended up on, we get the one that is just brimming with life and awesomeness... and here you are tryin' to hate, of course I should be a little more understanding as there's so much of it in your favorite book, poor baby, probably can't help yerself.

Try to be a little more up-beat, and love our wonderful world. Its not her fault she's full of assholes.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:22 PM   #532
pothead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWAVvRE6BFc&feature=plcp
Old 06-18-2012, 12:57 AM   #533
pothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
Well, that's a rather pessimistic way to start a conversation.

Wanna talk about what's wrong with the world, when in reality, it's pretty goddamned awesome.

We live on the only planet that is known to support life. I mean, of all the planets we could have ended up on, we get the one that is just brimming with life and awesomeness... and here you are tryin' to hate, of course I should be a little more understanding as there's so much of it in your favorite book, poor baby, probably can't help yerself.

Try to be a little more up-beat, and love our wonderful world. Its not her fault she's full of assholes.
well then let me rephrase , what is wrong with the people of the world today ?
Old 06-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #534
ape descendant

Quote:
well then let me rephrase , what is wrong with the people of the world today ?
The fact that people use magical thinking instead of reason and logic, that people will deny reality that is right in front of their face, in favor of a fantasy that makes them feel good.

That people use these lies and fantasies as excuses to hate, kill, and control the lives of others, when in reality, they have no business doing so.

One of the biggest problems we have, is that there are a vast majority of people who choose to follow a book a fairytales written by superstitious, ignorant bronze age nomads, instead of thinking critically and actively testing their knowledge, throwing out ideas that don't stand up to trial and keeping the ones that do.

TL;DR: People being mentally lazy, superstitious idiots are the problem. Learning critical thinking, logic, and reason are the best possible solutions.

Be Kind
Old 06-18-2012, 02:12 PM   #535
pothead

Quote:
The fact that people use magical thinking instead of reason and logic, that people will deny reality that is right in front of their face, in favor of a fantasy that makes them feel good.

That people use these lies and fantasies as excuses to hate, kill, and control the lives of others, when in reality, they have no business doing so.

One of the biggest problems we have, is that there are a vast majority of people who choose to follow a book a fairytales written by superstitious, ignorant bronze age nomads, instead of thinking critically and actively testing their knowledge, throwing out ideas that don't stand up to trial and keeping the ones that do.

TL;DR: People being mentally lazy, superstitious idiots are the problem. Learning critical thinking, logic, and reason are the best possible solutions.
then how do you explain that atheist tend to hate kill and control other people, and be violent by far more than christians anyways, so your talking about the koran as being a book of fairy tales right ? well I agree with you there.
and to me people like that believe in evolution believe in magic and superstitions and lies I like this picture it says what evolutionist believe in http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
Old 06-18-2012, 02:13 PM   #536
pothead

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...89712069_n.jpg
Old 06-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #537
ape descendant

Ah, that photo presents a kind of argument known as a "Straw man". It presents a false assumption about shared beliefs among atheists, when all atheists share is a lack of belief in a god or gods.

And please do not try to twist my words, as the Bible and the Koran are equally invalid when it comes to understanding the universe in which we live in a realistic manner.

Your entire argument is poorly constructed, and reflects a lack of ability to think clearly. Are you sure you're up to the challenge of talking about this in a reasonable and open minded manner?

Be Kind
Old 06-18-2012, 06:16 PM   #538
pothead

Quote:
Ah, that photo presents a kind of argument known as a "Straw man". It presents a false assumption about shared beliefs among atheists, when all atheists share is a lack of belief in a god or gods.

And please do not try to twist my words, as the Bible and the Koran are equally invalid when it comes to understanding the universe in which we live in a realistic manner.

Your entire argument is poorly constructed, and reflects a lack of ability to think clearly. Are you sure you're up to the challenge of talking about this in a reasonable and open minded manner?
well that is what atheists believe , if you don't believe that then your not a atheist, and the bible is the best book there is in understanding the universe in a realistic manner, just read it sometime. Also the koran is a invalid book and a fairy tale
Old 06-18-2012, 07:07 PM   #539
Murder.Of.Crows

Except rather than "for no reason, magically" put in "SCIENCE! and fuck you that's why."
Old 06-18-2012, 08:11 PM   #540
AshleyO

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:34 AM   #541
ape descendant

Quote:
well that is what atheists believe , if you don't believe that then your not a atheist, and the bible is the best book there is in understanding the universe in a realistic manner, just read it sometime. Also the koran is a invalid book and a fairy tale
That's a "No true Scotsman" argument. If you know how to read and use a dictionary, you'd know that the only thing that makes one an atheist is a lack of belief in a god or gods. To say otherwise is breaking your commandment against lying.

So, you say "the bible is the best book there is in understanding the universe in a realistic manner", what makes you say that?

Be Kind
Old 06-19-2012, 01:09 PM   #542
pothead

Quote:
That's a "No true Scotsman" argument. If you know how to read and use a dictionary, you'd know that the only thing that makes one an atheist is a lack of belief in a god or gods. To say otherwise is breaking your commandment against lying.

So, you say "the bible is the best book there is in understanding the universe in a realistic manner", what makes you say that?
because the bible is, and atheist that believe in the big bang and or evolution believe the way the photo said, and I don't know a atheist that doesn't believe in the big bang or evolution do you?
Old 06-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #543
tessla-jane

Quote:
whats more gothic than Jesus and a cross huh? I'm gothic too
A vampire with a wooden stake in his chest...
tessla-jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #544
ape descendant

Quote:
because the bible is, and atheist that believe in the big bang and or evolution believe the way the photo said, and I don't know a atheist that doesn't believe in the big bang or evolution do you?
I've told you repeatedly about atheists, I can't help that you're either a liar or just plain stupid.

The Bible is, the Sagas are, the Bhagavad Gita is, the Koran is, by the argument presented they're all true, what makes your book so special? You're going to have to do better than that.

Be Kind
Old 06-19-2012, 08:55 PM   #545
Murder.Of.Crows

Because he wants it to be. Is that not enough for you Ape?
Old 06-20-2012, 12:31 AM   #546
Saya

For the record, I know an atheist neo nazi who thinks evolution is a conspiracy theory.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:33 AM   #547
Murder.Of.Crows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
For the record, I know an atheist neo nazi who thinks evolution is a conspiracy theory.
lol, no fucking shit? Wow.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:16 AM   #548
Timeless Rebellion

Pothead - To sum up YOUR belief the same way that image alledgedly sums up atheism:
There is this man in the sky. He wasn't created by anything or anyone, he was just there forever, and there is no before him, because we can't explain that, so that's just the fucking way it is.
He has always been there. One day, he just decided to create some shit by uttering a few words and doing nothing really actively about it, yet he grew so tired from uttering these few words that he had to sleep for the rest of the day when he created just a small part of the shit he wanted to create.
All of a sudden, he decided that life needed to be there, so all of a sudden, it was there with no reasonable explanation other than this man in the sky saying it was so.
Then he decided to put creatures who looked like him down there to rule and stuff, but even though there were only two of them, he didn't have enough focus to keep them from eating from a single tree in a motherfucking huge garden.
So when these intelligently challenged individuals listened to another one of his mishap creations, he decided to punish them with pain, suffering and death because he didn't bother to put a fence around the two forbidden trees in his garden.
Forget me not, and keep my memory.
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:16 AM   #549
Kasdeja

Pothead? Even the noodles are against you!

Props to Spooky Spencer for the 'shopped avatar!
If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.
Kasdeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:02 PM   #550
AshleyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
And......?

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote