Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 12:44 AM   #2676
emeraldlonewoulf

Yes, our country has lots and lots of problems. Yes, we need to fix a lot of shit. But hey, considering we basically started as a bunch of criminals sent over seas for debts, cast offs, immigrants from every country on the planet, imported slaves, indentured servants, miscellaneous "adventurers", and a huge host of others, managed to put together one of the greatest financial, political, and military powers in world, not to mention routing the best military power in the world (at the time) with a mismatched, underfed, barely trained militia, then bailing said country out of two world wars 150 years later, discovering electricity, developing nuclear power, cajun food, and rock and roll, all in a little more than two hundred years, I don't think we are doing half bad. Can anyone point to a newer country that has done so well? Our land throws together so many different cultures and political views, educational and economic extremes, ethnicities, and handicaps, it is a wonder we have survived as a nation at all. We have survived because each generation has had to overcome some hardship, and because we can draw from our varied background to combine ideas for new solutions.

Only in America can you throw so much diversity together, encourage everyone to be proud of their individuality, AND STILL GET AWAY WITH LETTING EVERYONE ON THE PLANET BITCH ABOUT IT ALL. And we still bail out anyone who asks for aid, and a great many who don't.

So, yes, our country is all fucked up. Yes, our freedoms grow smaller every day. Many of us are poor, overworked, undereducated, or other wise encumbered from what we might think we deserve. But we are allowed and encouraged to believe we do deserve it. We still have more opportunity than anyone else it the world. We still have more freedom than most of it. We are relatively safe, from outside powers and each other, at least in comparison to a lot of the world.

i thank GOD I live here, and can do pretty much whatever I damn well please. I hope and am willing to fight for it to stay that way.

So, in closing, to anyone who keeps up with the political threads,

AMERICA KNOWS ITS' FUCKED UP. BUT WE'RE THE BEST THE WORLD'S COME UP WITH SO FAR. IF YOU CAN MAKE IT BETTER, WELCOME. IF NOT, FUCK OFF. WE'RE DOING THE BEST WE CAN.

Its kind of like bitching about your siblings. You can do it, but nobody else can. We're allowed. If you're not here, or from here (and proud of it!) either by choice or by happenstance, SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!

That's my rant for today.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:09 AM   #2677
Blushing Heliophobe

Thank God, thought I was the only one.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:46 AM   #2678
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
Jade and Panther are BACK!!!!

*HAPPY-DANCE*

Shaka-shaka-woogawooga-woo

ED, I didn't respond to your post earlier because it's hitting a little too close to home for me. I feel you, though.

*hugz*

edit: I'll be posting in this size from now on for the olde people.

You know, sadly, I need posts in that font size.

*happy dances as well*
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Old 04-21-2006, 09:21 AM   #2679
ExistentialDisorder

Thanks EPS and Twisted. It took a while for me to realize that you'd responded. I appreciate your sincerity.

The whole situation is just completely fucked up. Last night he asked me how much i trusted him yet, because he'd been "envited" to Myrtle Beach by (supposedly) his friend Amy. A woman he works with, who supposedly has some kind of thing for him. He's always giving her rides to and from work, taking her shopping, picking her up from church, having lunch or dinner, etc etc. She has no clue about me because she doesn't "know" about him, and he wants to keep it that way. He's afraid of people at work finding out, which has never made sense to me because the store manager is a very out lesbian whose girlfriend is also the manager of another store. Anyway, though I'm sure some of it is true about amy, i think mostly he uses her as a scapegoat. he knows i can't verify any of it anyway. But whatever. It pisses me off mostly because Just two weeks ago I wanted him to go to myrtle beach with me and he didn't want to. now suddenly he wants to go, but with 'amy'. So whatever. let the fucker go. i hope he has fun soaking up the scum and disease. he can fuck everybody in myrtle beach for all i care. i hope his dick falls off. i'm done with all of it.

and as for the cleanliness issue, as far as i know i'm clean. I don't think i've "caught" anything from him. or anybody else. but i really don't want to know. don't think i haven't spent my time obsessing over that too, especially since i found out about those 3 instances. as tho they're the only 3. yeah right. but i don't want to know. if i found out i was poz my life would truly be over that instant. i know some people can live with it, i can't. it wouldn't surprise me tho, not in the least. i seem to be fate's punching bag.

"What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection
Is it all you wanted to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks?
Would you find yourself [or]
Find yourself afraid to see?..." -NIN
Old 04-22-2006, 03:40 AM   #2680
Blushing Heliophobe

It's only fair to future partners that you find out whether or not you run positive for something. You do NOT want to be starting a relationship, or already in one, and TEHN find out you're pos. There are people out there that will love you just the same and can look past it but you'd only be doing yourself and whomever you hook up with a favor by testing yourself.

I'm not comfortable enough speaking about details and I won't share them - but a situation like this has come up in my own life before - and an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of pain I can tell you that.

Be smart.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:32 AM   #2681
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
Originally Posted by winged_dreams
My stepdad is a big fucking idiot. He has a bunch of teenagers over and they are drinking. They drive, drunk, to the liquior store to buy more and they hit a woman. Luckily she was ok. My stepdad, who was with them, gets out of the car and runs. The woman whom they hit is able to give a pretty good description of him. Could you be any more stupid Leo?

Oh woah... Did this turn out ok?
Old 04-24-2006, 09:49 AM   #2682
WolfMoon

Emerald, right the fuck on!

Winged, could your stepdad be a bigger moron? I only say this because I care. Are you living with this freak?

ED, the responsible thing to do would be to get tested. Kick that fucker to the curb! You don't deserve to be treated like his bitch.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:25 PM   #2683
horrorgirl

For the first time in the year and a half that I have lived here I forgot to take the laundry out of the dryer. I live in an apartment complex, so I had to walk next door to get to it. I go in there to find that somebody had taken my laundry out of the dryer. No big deal, but then the lady who did it comes in.

Her: I waited a HALF HOUR for you to take out your laundry. *said snooty*

Me: I have lived here for a year and a half and this is the first time I have forgetten. Sorry, busy morning. * said rather nicely*

Her: Well I watch the TIME when I do laundry! *said very snooty* I have things to do!

Me: Oh get over it already! * I left the room*

HA!!!!!!! Some people in this complex are so snotty it's hysterical! Especially since these apartments are pretty thrashed. She is probably going to go to the apartment manager and tell her what a bad person I am. May her clothes burn in hell!!!! WORD. HA!

I'm gothtastically delicious!
Old 04-24-2006, 03:20 PM   #2684
bjork_freak

What a bitch! You should replace her laundry detergent with something more interesting, like cooking oil.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:18 PM   #2685
Sobeh

Even more fun (and legal!), swap her clothes from one to another when she's gone. Of course, this can only lead to an escalation of war tactics leading inevitably to Rit dye in the laundry and Nair in the shampoo, so tread softly. >:P
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:44 PM   #2686
roserougesang

Another good idea is to find out her least favourite colour and slip said coloured dye into the washing machine when she's not looking XD
No greater love than mine.
-Annie Lennox, Love Song For A Vampire-

Rouge Z. Hatter has FINALLY returned to Gnet!
Old 04-24-2006, 06:14 PM   #2687
disorder

Hahaha genius, Xng!
Old 04-24-2006, 06:21 PM   #2688
Sobeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Or just pee in the dryer.
This is good, but I'd expect women to have a harder time at this than men, so it found a lower place on my list.
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:30 PM   #2689
A Simple Poet

Was she older than the moon? Did she have blue hair? The reason I ask is because I believe the same kind of lady accosted me for the same reason once upon a time with almost the same dialogue. Uncanny...

My name is Will ... and I'm back from a glorious feeding.

Will on Facebook ... Identify yourself because I'm a proud, Facebook, recluse.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:36 PM   #2690
roserougesang

That would most likely be deja vu, Simple Poet. ^^

Old 04-24-2006, 06:39 PM   #2691
A Simple Poet

Yeah ... I seem to get that quite a bit ... about extremely droll and unimportant things. Though I can say with some certainty that I have never had an online deja vu before. Chilling.

My name is Will ... and I'm back from a glorious feeding.

Will on Facebook ... Identify yourself because I'm a proud, Facebook, recluse.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:07 PM   #2692
Sobeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Not really. Just pull your pants down & stick your butt into the dryer. Assuming, of course, it's not one of those you load from the top. If you load from the top, just open the lid & sit on the edge. You'll have plenty of nice clean clothes to wipe with.
Fascinating... I'm so used to being able to aim, and in fact to expose only a bit of self to get the job done, that the whole idea of the Ninja Pee seemed a guys-only kind of thing. Kind of a shitty tradeoff though, what with that whole 'multiple orgasm' thing as the alternative.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:37 PM   #2693
roserougesang

I second that! I'm not too sure about the peeing part though..

Old 04-24-2006, 11:18 PM   #2694
Blushing Heliophobe

When I was a kid, I used to wish that I could pee standing up. I practiced (which didn't turn out so well) and all I wanted in the whole world was to pee standing up.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:10 AM   #2695
horrorgirl

All of you crack me up! :-)

I'm gothtastically delicious!
Old 04-25-2006, 01:22 AM   #2696
Blushing Heliophobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobeh
Fascinating... I'm so used to being able to aim, and in fact to expose only a bit of self to get the job done, that the whole idea of the Ninja Pee seemed a guys-only kind of thing. Kind of a shitty tradeoff though, what with that whole 'multiple orgasm' thing as the alternative.
Right - but do you know how hard it is to find someone who can deliver said multiple-orgasm?!?
Old 04-25-2006, 02:51 AM   #2697
roserougesang

How is possible to have a multiple-orgasm? *innocence*

Old 04-25-2006, 03:32 AM   #2698
Morrigan_Dubh

Go read "Vogue" - it's another one of their lies, concocted to sell more magazines.
I hate gender-specific magazines. I stopped reading "women's" magazines years ago as they just made me feel inadequate. I was rarely interested in or excited by anything they had to show and tell me, so when I was younger I thought that meant I wasn't a real woman. They made me feel bad about just being myself. I hate them for making me feel like that.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:47 AM   #2699
Wise Child

I bought a magazine the other week for the first time in years, and I was absolutely disgusted. Never again will I waste my money on that tripe. For a start it was about 60% adverts, and the rest was utter crap - basically telling women their only interest is, and should be, their appearance. Oh, sure, there were a couple of little articles about how to succeed at work - most of which mentioned the importance of a groomed appearance to "give confidence" *raises eyebrow* - but the main thing missing was the assumption that any woman has ever read a book that isn't chick-lit or an insider's look at the modelling industry. Honestly, it's no wonder guys idly pick up women's magazines, flick through them and form the impression that women are vapid and boring. Hell, I was starting to fucking think it.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Old 04-25-2006, 03:50 AM   #2700
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Child
I bought a magazine the other week for the first time in years, and I was absolutely disgusted. Never again will I waste my money on that tripe. For a start it was about 60% adverts, and the rest was utter crap - basically telling women their only interest is, and should be, their appearance. Oh, sure, there were a couple of little articles about how to succeed at work - most of which mentioned the importance of a groomed appearance to "give confidence" *raises eyebrow* - but the main thing missing was the assumption that any woman has ever read a book that isn't chick-lit or an insider's look at the modelling industry. Honestly, it's no wonder guys idly pick up women's magazines, flick through them and form the impression that women are vapid and boring. Hell, I was starting to fucking think it.
Can I get an AMEN!?!
Closed Thread