Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 06:04 PM   #201
Asurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnossos
.( You can tell I'm old because I still say "album" instead of "CD").
I usually say "album" too, actually... thanks, though. I listened to a few of their recent songs... recently... and couldn't stand them at all.
Old 01-17-2004, 06:14 PM   #202
Ravena

Doodle-doo-dee-do-bla-kndoier0g-erojbvmpgoScrew it, can't carry a tune :evil:

Ravena

“She’s a witch! Burn ‘er!!”
-Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail
Old 01-17-2004, 08:24 PM   #203
WolfMoon

dfgjngfhhf

Thank you Ravena,

I felt it was time for a change.I'm watchintg the same Robin Williams special on HBO that I've seen 3 times before.He was saying that the reason christians celebrate easter with bunnies and eggs was to get children involved.That couldn't be further from the truth.

*ahem*

The Easter holiday gets it's name from the pagan Goddess Eastre,also known by other names such as Ostara.She was a goddess of fertility and her symbols were the rabbit(heeheehee) and eggs of course.It is celebrated on the Spring Equinox,when the god Attis is born anew each year from his virgin mother.

Just in case any of you ever wondered.
Old 01-18-2004, 04:23 AM   #204
Daz

well its 5 am sunday morning and i'm still up. not really sure why i am still awake. while i was at my friends house tonight i was starting to fall asleep while we were watching a movie. it was in cantonese so i missed a bit while my eyes were closed but i've seen most of it before "tides and..." don't remember the whole name anymore. he sent me home with a couple of other movies to watch "The Princess Blade" and "Returner". was entertaining the idea of heading downstairs to watch them but my roomate just wandered out of his room and he's still pissing me off so i'm just gonna sit right here for a bit, maybe watch a few episodes of "Broken Saints" while i'm still awake. got a new pair of boots the other day, velvet, five inch chunky heals. i'd take a picture but i dont feel like heading downstairs to find them anymore. actually now that i think about it "Broken Saints" sounds like a brilliant idea. I'll fix myself a drink, close the door and shut off the lights. it's too bad my chair isn't comfier, maybe i'll hook my comp up to the tv i was gonna put in my room, or maybe just put the comp in my room. damn then i'd never get out of bed on the weekends. not that i havent dont that before, it just didnt involve a computer :twisted:
anyways i'm gonna go get that drink and turn down the lights. have a good day everyone
Old 01-18-2004, 06:42 AM   #205
Necrophagous_unleashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by thosewhomustbecarried
I wonder if Anne Rice was a Cure fan?
o.0 i bet she was!
Old 01-18-2004, 04:29 PM   #206
Gnossos

Gnossos' sister, Agrippina, says: I used to work in a punk rock record store, where young kids (15 or so) who had no knowledge of the Beatles, Stones, Hendrix, King Crimson, etc., came in all the time. I always encouraged them to listen to this old stuff so that they had some sense of the history of rebellious music. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it- those who do will make new mistakes.

Gnossos says- I would rather listen to my cat puke up a hairball than anything put out by the Stones since 1978. They definitely have an expiration date.
Old 01-18-2004, 10:33 PM   #207
Perfectly_Flawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravena
I'm glad Perfectly-Flawed had fun at the concert, is she as pretty in real life as she is in the videos?
Thankyou. And yes, she was gorgeous.

Amy was wearing all white that night, and had her hair in thickish braids.

I'm switching to Virgin ... am in the process of blowing my last dollar or so, on SMS's, and then I have to key in all my contacts into the new address book... fun fun.

Edit:

Why make another post? Might as well just add to this one.

I'm glum at the moment. Je ne sais quoi ... not really, anyway. Maybe I'm just impatient (yes, well I am that, I don't know whether my impatience is getting the better of me right now) since I have some really good things to come, later this week.

My current outlook on life is: "All that shimmers in this world is sure to fade". Pessimistic, huh.

... In other randomness ... I went to David Jones (City store) to ask when they're getting more stock of the Evanescence album. Apparently, it'll take at least a week and a half. Boo. They were going to transfer some/one from the Eastern states, but they're all out too. Only Canberra has six copies, in one of their stores.

I'm actually heading to Canberra next week ... and I told the sales dudes that. They were amused. I'm hitting Brisbane, Sydney, and Canberra. All in one week. Woo! Plane takes off for Brissie at 23/1-04 23:30.
Old 01-19-2004, 12:09 AM   #208
Asurai

Why does "black" rhyme with "quack?"
Old 01-19-2004, 06:31 PM   #209
Perfectly_Flawed

^^
Hehe, layway ... we call it lay-by (lay-buy?) here.

I'm downloading some episodes of Daria. Mon dieu, I miss that show. I need my Daria fix! Have been without it for five years. Should be completed by the time I return home tonight... Mmmm...
Old 01-19-2004, 06:31 PM   #210
Ravena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asurai
Why does "black" rhyme with "quack?"
I don't know, but you know that old saying-
Something old,
something new,
something borrowed,
something blue........?

The Gothic version-

Something ancient,
something quack,
something stolen,
something black.

Ravena
Old 01-19-2004, 06:59 PM   #211
Ravena

I was going through some of my bro's stuff and found a Guns-N-Roses headscarf... Whoa. :shock: Flash from the past...

Ravena
Old 01-19-2004, 07:14 PM   #212
Perfectly_Flawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesofatragedy
That show was awesome. Too bad they don't air it anymore except for some re-runs here and there. Bastards.
I don't think they've showed a re-run of it here for years... yep, bastards.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:14 PM   #213
mArkErNOse

I am happy....my grandmother has now moved OUT! I am watching the Hitler Channel. They are doing a show on Barbarians: Vikings and Goths. The old tribe Goths, dipshit.

I just realized how hot my brothers friends are. He is 17 and I am 14, so it is all good. His one friend came over and we talked a lot. Mostly because my brother makes shit for conversation.

My brother now officially thinks I am the spawn of Satan. He was saying all weekend "Goth boots! Look! My sister's a GOTH!" Like it is a bad thing :evil: .

Military school guys are hot, plain and simple. I know, that sounds shallow. But this one is from England and he was a druggie and alcoholic, with sexy accent. YES I KNOW! SHALLOW! Just like me, pick the fucked up ones, I always pick the fucked up ones.

DAMN YOU HOT DRUGGIES!
Old 01-19-2004, 07:57 PM   #214
Perfectly_Flawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mArkErNOse
My brother now officially thinks I am the spawn of Satan. He was saying all weekend "Goth boots! Look! My sister's a GOTH!" Like it is a bad thing :evil: .
My friend calls me "my little goth girl". In an affectionate manner, though.

Random #1:
I am relying on coffee to keep me awake today. I blame a certain individual... yet again.

Random #2:
This is more of a whine, but I was so annoyed yesterday at this sign I saw in King Kong. (I followed my friend. It is unbelievable when a bargain store has a sale... didn't think it was possible). There were a number of them hanging from the ceiling. They each had a large smilie face on them and read: "Smile! Your on candid camera".

I wonder how many people it passed by before it got printed. All of them are illiterate. It is not your. Speaking in that sense, it is you're. Get it right, damn you.

... Yes, I can be a bit of a grammer-freak sometimes, though I'm not perfect myself.
Old 01-21-2004, 06:24 PM   #215
pitseleh

Just had some slices of bread with sardines in tomato sauce. Don't know
if you have this spread(?) in the U.S., but it's quite good. If you like your
breakfast to look like a plane crash. That's what some call it. Anyway,
funny thing is, there are little fish-spines in it that I had to pick out.
They're quite soft so I could easily eat them, but it was mildly entertaining
to spot them and pick them out. Even gave some to the cat. It's sleepin'
on the couch now, after chasing my drawing materials, pencils, charcoal
and q-tips, around the room. It actually EATS the charcoal sticks. Sniffs
'em out and chews, all contented-like. I don't know... is that good for a lil' kitty?
Old 01-22-2004, 11:52 PM   #216
Daz

my grandfather died 11 years ago christmas day. he was a great old man who used to take his teeth out for us when we were kids even though he knew my grandmother hated it. he was young at heart and i will always remember him, only now its a little easier. my mother came down the other day to go through my grandmothers things with my uncle. the only thing she really wanted was a picture of my grandfather kneeling in a field while hunting with my father right before my parents were married. its a dreary day, all grey with dark clouds, yet he looks so peaceful. my mom let me take the picture out of the frame and scan it into my computer so i could have a copy of it. in truth, it was the only thing i wanted too.
it's amazing how much you can miss someone you lost so long ago with such fresh feeling. i've printed the picture out and i'm going to get it framed.
Old 01-23-2004, 01:44 AM   #217
Perfectly_Flawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz
it's amazing how much you can miss someone you lost so long ago with such fresh feeling.
He truly left his footsteps on your heart. I still 'tell' my bird that I love her every day. Mighty silly of me, but at least she 'knows' I haven't forgotten her and will always love her.

How should I spend my last 5 hours (for a week) in Perth?

Hmm... packing might be a good idea.

I'm jesting! I packed last night...

I have had a lovely, lovely day. Mmm...
Old 01-23-2004, 09:16 AM   #218
Asurai

It's odd how you can not miss somebody for so long, and then it hits you all at once that you do miss them. That just happened to me today, oddly. Fortunately, it didn't last long, just when I was driving by the place that we met.
Old 01-24-2004, 06:39 PM   #219
Daz

well today has been an interesting day
i didnt get to bed until 3 am and then i had to get up at 5 to drive my mom to the airport. he plane was supposed to take off a little before 8 but she called me at 9 to let me know that her plane had been grounded. i went back to sleep for a few hours only to have a telemarketer wake me up again so i just stayed up. it's been snowing all day and the temp is -16 C so i havent gone outside yet. consequently i didnt actually take a shower and get dressed until 6 pm. i did get a little bit of studying done but only four of the six chapters i was supposed to get through. i just kept falling asleep. now i'm waiting until my hair is completely dry to i can go out and shovel the snow and i just realized that i smell like baby powder and there is nothing i used today that would have caused that so i'm a little comfused. oh ya, and i found two more slinkies in my bathroom today. i thik they are multiplying :twisted:
Old 01-24-2004, 07:23 PM   #220
Icegoblin

Better do this post before I forget.
As of Febuary 1st I will have been 2 years clean and sober. Its been a long road for me and Im just taking it one day at time. Difficult as hell to admit I had a problem even more difficult to address it and do something about it.
Its hard at times to deal with people since I quit drinking. Alot of my supposed friends have deserted me over it, and it does indeed hurt. But I move on, and make due. I never judged any of them for drinking when I had quit, in fact I never even said a damn thing against drinking just that it wasnt right for me anymore. The others who I still talk to have a tendancy to not invite me out anywhere, through some questioning on my part I found out its because most of them are afraid Ill be a "stick in the mud" or preachy somehow.(sigh)
Sometimes you can't do anything right in this world it seems.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:41 AM   #221
Daz

congrats icegoblin, i know a few people out here who would benifit from the self confidence and bravery you have shown. i'm not going to try to tell you how to make your friends understand because i've never been in the situation. all i can say is i'm proud of what you've been able to do
and as a little present, i'm going to show you my new boots :twisted:
maybe when you deside to go on your trip you could swing by my end of the world and we'll go out for a coffee
Old 01-25-2004, 10:50 AM   #222
Asurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz
Eh, is that velvet?

Hey, Daz, nice boots...
Old 01-25-2004, 11:09 AM   #223
Daz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asurai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz
Eh, is that velvet?

Hey, Daz, nice boots...
sure are, nice and soft and fun as hell to walk in :twisted:
Old 01-27-2004, 01:09 AM   #224
Icegoblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz
congrats icegoblin, i know a few people out here who would benifit from the self confidence and bravery you have shown. i'm not going to try to tell you how to make your friends understand because i've never been in the situation. all i can say is i'm proud of what you've been able to do
maybe when you deside to go on your trip you could swing by my end of the world and we'll go out for a coffee
Thank you Daz. Your kind words mean alot. I mayhap to take you up on your offer of coffee.
Awesome boots by the way. 8)
Old 01-27-2004, 12:40 PM   #225
Korellyn

Must.... resist... temptation... to make... nice boots comment....

*grins*

But really, they are nice boots!!!

And in other news, it's -45C outside today. That's right, minus forty fucking five degrees Celcius!!! And I had to go outside in it, catch the bus to school and write my English 12 exam. Not my idea of a good time. God I hate the Yukon Territory sometimes.

-K
Closed Thread