Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 01-28-2010, 09:56 AM   #76
creature6

third one.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:00 AM   #77
Amunet

Quote:
Originally Posted by creature6 View Post
i was only joking .My sense of humour is disturbing .i do apologise .
i don't find you to be an idiot.
You proved to be worthy of my attention.
i just like to test people when i don't know them.
i like family guy as well.
i saw you liked poetry and write your own lyrics.
what genre are you more into?
well what a test... touche'

to be honest I don't know what specific genre I write at least, I just go with my emotion... Same with songwriting. I just write what I know, what I feel, see, etc...

Reading other people's poetry, I am partial to the Lyric genre (haha obviously) as this is the one I can most closely relate to in my own creativity. You?
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:32 AM   #78
creature6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
well what a test... touche'

to be honest I don't know what specific genre I write at least, I just go with my emotion... Same with songwriting. I just write what I know, what I feel, see, etc...

Reading other people's poetry, I am partial to the Lyric genre (haha obviously) as this is the one I can most closely relate to in my own creativity. You?
i get you.
i do write poetry since the age of 8 years old as well as political speeches and lyrics.
i do play piano and sing.
i paint mostly oil and ink.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:33 AM   #79
Amunet

Quote:
i get you.
i do write poetry since the age of 8 years old as well as political speeches and lyrics.
i do play piano and sing.
i paint mostly oil and ink.
I also play piano and sing... a little guitar too but not enough to call myself a guitarist by any means
Old 01-28-2010, 10:38 AM   #80
creature6

i actually play by ear.
I can't read music so i record whatever i play and play it back.
i do create my own as well as play those already written .
Old 01-28-2010, 10:59 AM   #81
Amunet

Quote:
i actually play by ear.
I can't read music so i record whatever i play and play it back.
i do create my own as well as play those already written .
ditto. I learned how to sight read in school but I can never put the playing and the reading together. It sucks sometimes, but I feel more connected to music when I'm just going with the flow versus something choppy and rehearsed.

I've played since I was a little girl. My whole family, they love music too. Most all of them play multiple instruments. most by ear as well.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:13 AM   #82
creature6

you know most of the greatest artist were and those who are still alive are unable to read music.they play by ear.
i do understand what you mean by feeling closer to the music somehow when you play by ear.
it's kind of hard to put it into words.
In my family there is only my grandfather who write poetry the rest is common and boring still i love them!
i wonder where i get it from...
Old 01-28-2010, 07:58 PM   #83
Despanan

Your Status RE: Having Your Mind Blown

Office of Admissions, Despanan, January 28th 2010

Dear Ms. Amunet,

Thank you for your recent application to Despanan Brutally Shatters Your World-View and Destroys Everything You Hold Dear State. As you may know we have received a high volume of impressive applications this year, and have been very pleased with the overall quality of our applicants. This made admissions decisions even more difficult. After reviewing your application and consulting with our dean we have come to the following decision:

Unfortunately we will be unable to offer you a space in this year's incoming class. Please do not take this as a sign of your intelligence nor as a slight against your worthiness as an applicant, as we have had to turn away many fucktardedly stupid qualified perspectives. I would encourage you to continue to make insane claims, poor decisions, and attempt overall epic failures. Any questions you have are best addressed to our admissions office (though due to volume we are unable to comment on individual applicants), and you are certainly welcome to apply again in the future. I wish you the best of luck in all your endeavors.

Best regards,

Despanan
Admissions Director
Despanan-Brutally-Shatters-Your-World-View-and-Destroys-Everything-You-Hold-Dear-State.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:25 AM   #84
PortraitOfSanity

Nice Despanen, nice!

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:17 AM   #85
Amunet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
Office of Admissions, Despanan, January 28th 2010

Dear Ms. Amunet,

Thank you for your recent application to Despanan Brutally Shatters Your World-View and Destroys Everything You Hold Dear State. As you may know we have received a high volume of impressive applications this year, and have been very pleased with the overall quality of our applicants. This made admissions decisions even more difficult. After reviewing your application and consulting with our dean we have come to the following decision:

Unfortunately we will be unable to offer you a space in this year's incoming class. Please do not take this as a sign of your intelligence nor as a slight against your worthiness as an applicant, as we have had to turn away many fucktardedly stupid qualified perspectives. I would encourage you to continue to make insane claims, poor decisions, and attempt overall epic failures. Any questions you have are best addressed to our admissions office (though due to volume we are unable to comment on individual applicants), and you are certainly welcome to apply again in the future. I wish you the best of luck in all your endeavors.

Best regards,

Despanan
Admissions Director
Despanan-Brutally-Shatters-Your-World-View-and-Destroys-Everything-You-Hold-Dear-State.

January 29th, 2010

Ms. Amunet
1 Debatable Way
Isle of Retort, MA 01615
Applicant #000-6701

RE: Letter of Decline received January 28th, 2010

C/O Admissions Director Despanan
Office of Admissions
Brutally-Shatters-Your-World-View-and
Destroys-Everything-You-Hold-Dear-State

Dear Sir,

I am pleased at the news of your proscription to my application of membership to your exclusive 2010 class session. I was duly informed of the nature of said class and decided I desired no part of the insolence your instruction affects on its members.

I would also like to thank you for the time you took in reading my application. I have observed that while your apparent intellect is not usually questioned I would have to respectfully inquire reference your own claims of superiority as I have been given a generalized response and nothing that could remotely discredit my application to your program per section named "Common Sense," in the "Brutally-Shatters-Your-World-View-and-Destroys-Everything-You-Hold-Dear" qualification handbook.

Regardless, I wish you the best in all your future endeavors sir. May your applicant list dwindle away as you continue to hand out your contemptuous treatment of said applicants. It was a pleasure exchanging pointless banter with you.

Respectfully signed,

Ms. Amunet

NOTE: quoting you....

Quote:
seeing how butt-hurt you got over my response has piqued my interest

Who's "Butt-Hurt" Now.

Love,
me
Old 01-29-2010, 09:30 AM   #86
JCC

Don't steal someone else's joke template. Shit just looks tacky and desperate.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:48 AM   #87
Amunet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Don't steal someone else's joke template. Shit just looks tacky and desperate.
You're just mad you didn't think of it first.

Oh and...

The fact the fact that you're replying to a message that wasn't intended for you is tacky and desperate. If you don't like the content, don't read it. Because I don't believe it was addressed to you there sweetie.

Mmkay?

have a magical day
Old 01-29-2010, 11:01 AM   #88
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
You're just mad you didn't think of it first.
I'm mad that I didn't think of using someone else's idea first?
Old 01-29-2010, 11:58 AM   #89
Amunet

Quote:
I'm mad that I didn't think of using someone else's idea first?
yes. and I was being sarcastic.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:33 PM   #90
JCC

This whole thread is stupid and it's somehow becoming even more dense. It's only a matter of time before we're talking only in vowels.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:36 PM   #91
Amunet

Quote:
This whole thread is stupid and it's somehow becoming even more dense. It's only a matter of time before we're talking only in vowels.
according to you... you who is still posting in this thread that is said to be stupid...
Old 01-29-2010, 01:49 PM   #92
Lochnar

Don't feed the trolls...
Lochnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:50 PM   #93
Despanan

January 29th, 2010

Ms. Amunet
1 Debatable Way
Isle of Retort, MA 01615
Applicant #000-69x50 <----ELLLLL-OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH-EEEEEEEEELLLLLL!

RE: RE: Letter of Decline received January 28th, 2010

Dear Ms. Amunet

Thank you so much for your inquiry, and your continued interest in our "Verbally Bitchslapped Into Submission" program here at D.B.S.Y.W.V.A.D.E.Y.H.D. State. Normally, we cannot comment directly on individual applications, however, I am a bit embarrassed to admit that due to a clerical error, it seems that you have been mistakenly issued a rejection notice. While it is still true that we do not have room in our distinguished program at this time, your application was originally intended to be placed onto our "waiting list" cue, and if a spot does open up in the near future, we will most certainly extend an invitation to you as an incoming freshman.

On a personal note, I can sincerely say that I am very interested in your belief that by abstaining from voting, you have somehow entered a vote of "no confidence" in the United States government. This is the kind of fucktarded stupidity that we look for in future candidates at D.B.S.Y.W.V.A.D.E.Y.H.D. I applaud you for rationalizing your own laziness as a political stance, as if your absence was in some way an active protest, and not, simply an invitation for everyone in power to ignore your desires and the value you hold dear. In Robert's Rules of Order, an abstention does not remove one's voice from the debate at hand, rather it lends that voice to whichever way the majority happens to vote. Similarly, this is how your own actions are interpreted by those in power: "Do what you want, I don't care".

However, This alone would not be enough to gain you a chance at admission. What I find to be particularly exciting about your work is your callously air-headed approach to our complex political system. Sweeping generalizations based on nothing more than lazy prejudices such as:

Quote:
Politicians don't give a shit about you or I, our government doesn't give a shit, and it just feeds into everyone living like cattle. No one does shit to help anyone else
And Buzzwords:

Quote:
Politicians are not to be trusted. Ever.
They do not keep their promises, they do not care about the betterment of society. It's personal gain, power, money, authority, status
When all of these claims are easily dis-proven, by simply looking out the goddamn door and witnessing a functioning first-world nation filled with organized social programs, sanitation, and civil right and free speech legislation. If all of what you say about the nature of humans and politicians is true, we would be living in the dark ages. There would be no sanitation, there would be no school, there would be no class mobility or pell-grants, because all of these wonderful things the government does lead to a loss of control by the governing body.

If all one cares about is "personal gain, power, money, authority, status" You don't have a bill of rights, you don't create a system in which it is possible to peacefully remove the ruling party, not to mention if all politicians displayed these character traits, and only these character traits, as you have claimed, then Washington and every other world government would be entirely composed of nothing but those suffering from narcissistic anti-social personality disorders-- In short, a world ruled by people who would shiv you and take your stuff as soon as look at you.

The sheer stupidity and paranoia you are displaying is rapidly approaching Deadman level...but this isn't really what makes you a worthy candidate for our V.B.I.S. program. What really pushes this over the edge is the outright hypocracy displayed between the contrasting statements here:

Quote:
But like I said, no one wants to get their hands dirty, no one wants to correct the mistakes that have been made, so we end up in this shithole of a life because everyone is so goddamn apathetic.
and here

Quote:
... everyone here just takes it in the ass, and although I'm a fuckin champ, I'm not gonna let someone else dictate my behavior because they can't even control theirs.
Which is followed, but a paragraph later by:

Quote:
I don't vote. I don't give a shit about politics, because they have no value anymore, even though everyone likes to pretend that they still have a fucking say.
and:

Quote:
as for an alternative, I don't know honestly, I am one person, I don't know what to do, but I want to do something...
YOU ADMIT YOU ARE DOING NOTHING. You are actively bending over, and taking it in the ass, like a good little sheep. You're just acting angsty about it because you think somehow having that attitude makes you better than those who choose not to vote because they are lazy, or those who vote for stupid reason. It doesn't. It makes you worse. If you really believed what you said about politics and politicians was true, you'd be sitting in your basement, building a bomb right now. You would be plotting assasinations. You would be working towards a violent overthrow of the US government.

You're not, you're sitting on your ass with a guitar, and photoshopping glamor shots and affecting an air of sullen cynicism like any brooding fifteen year old.

I applaude you for this work- It certainly shows promise. Unfortunately, your grades simply weren't high enough to merit immediate acceptance. You've allowed yourself to be trolled to hell by the likes of Creature6 and you spent most of this thread getting your ass handed to you by PoS and JCC (A distinguished graduate of D.B.S.Y.W.V.A.D.E.Y.H.D.'s I might add) In fact, I suggest you take further classes with him from now on, and apply again in the future.

Many thanks and best of luck,

Despanan
Directing Director of Direct Admission
Admissions Office of Admitting
Despanan-Brutally-Shatters-Your-World-View-and
Destroys-Everything-You-Hold-Dear-State

P.S.

Quote:
Who's "Butt-Hurt" Now.
Quote:
The fact the fact that you're replying to a message that wasn't intended for you is tacky and desperate. If you don't like the content, don't read it. Because I don't believe it was addressed to you there sweetie.

Mmkay?

have a magical day
It's still you.
Quote:
Old 01-29-2010, 01:59 PM   #94
Amunet

and that was the response I was looking for, finally, someone who gave me a reason why they believed what I saying was stupid. So thank you for that.

I actually had the pleasure of reading this just as I'm about to leave to go home for the evening. I really want to write back to this but I feel you deserve a well thought out answer and not something half assed in two minutes. I don't have a computer at home, so I will write back come monday morning. Despanan, thank you for not disappointing in your post, I promise you will not regret it oh teacher.........

ha. till Monday then everyone. Stay safe and warm.

Amunet
Old 01-29-2010, 02:25 PM   #95
Ben Lahnger

Despanan, that was exactly the "magically delicious" treat I was hoping it was going to be.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:48 PM   #96
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
Despanan, that was exactly the "magically delicious" treat I was hoping it was going to be.
I am a scamp.
Quote:
Old 01-29-2010, 04:51 PM   #97
KissMeDeadly

Quote:
You shouldn't be allowed to campaign on TV? You mean that the solution to voter apathy is to withdraw from one of the only mediums where politics can connect with the people?
Maybe I should have been more clear - I think that you shouldn't be able to actually see the politician (i.e. videos of them riding horses in an open field, pictures, etc.) or allow them to talk about their personal life, I think it should be a strictly business, no bullshit kind of thing.

So, for an example

Good: If I'm elected, I will do this, and this, and this. I also will not do this, or this, and I will change this.

Bad: I was born on a farm in Tennessee, I eat beans out of a can and I look very handsome. I also am a Christian. The other guy is none of these things, so vote for me, because I 'get you'.
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:03 PM   #98
Despanan

...except you can still do that, even when they can't see you.
Quote:
Old 01-29-2010, 05:34 PM   #99
KissMeDeadly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
...except you can still do that, even when they can't see you.

Right, I'm not saying that not being able to see a candidate would stop that, I'm saying we should have laws to stop that in addition to not being able to see them.
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:55 PM   #100
Despanan

Okay, so you're suggesting that we make it so, we can't see them, we can't hear them, and they can't communicate with us on any level other than listing off their names and policies?
Quote: