Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-29-2006, 05:23 PM   #826
Corpus_Draconis

Hehehehe that sculpture is cute, WizardElement... I think it would look really cool with copper eyes. I wish I could do sculpture properly... :P Eh, I'll practise at some point... I just need to aquire some materials to practise with... *looks around*
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.
Corpus_Draconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 05:59 PM   #827
WizardElement5

Hi Wise Child, great to see you on the Art Thread. Have you posted any work here? If so, what page? See you.

Hi Corpus. I had a look back and saw your candle - very good, great design and well drawn.
WizardElement5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 06:04 PM   #828
corporalaccident

XNG!! Gorgeous photos! And, Wizard, I love your sculpture!
corporalaccident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 06:38 PM   #829
WizardElement5

Thanks Castle.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:58 AM   #830
Sanctus Dei

Wizard's inspired me to post a few sculptures as well there not great but eh, why not...

This one is the most recent (and is currently in peices due to a violent move) it's Eiko a Squaresoft Character...:

Then.. Jackie Estacato of "The Darkness" (a mob/dark comic) with a few of the Darklings (also in shambles):

and last... Putgatory of Chaos Comics, the oldest of the three, my third ever sculpture attempt:

That's it. I can't wait to get situated again in my new place so I have a chance to do some more and see how I may have progressed since I last sculpted it's been almost two years I think.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 04:50 AM   #831
end.of.eternity

TwistedKitsune: I like really your way of sketching! And I'm the same as you. I always get an inspiration when I should be sleeping.

Wizard: great work. It'd look better if you didn't paint the eyes red 'cause red doesn't fit with cold colours, I think. Blue fits with blue, but red and blue, I don't know. but then again it's just me.

Nice job Sanctus.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:54 AM   #832
Wise Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by end.of.eternity
Wizard: great work. It'd look better if you didn't paint the eyes red 'cause red doesn't fit with cold colours, I think. Blue fits with blue, but red and blue, I don't know. but then again it's just me.
I think I agree with this.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 05:53 AM   #833
Nike

I don't know. I think red and blue can go together very well.
Warm-cold contrasts can be very effective.

Here are some examples:
this is by sparth, the piece is a concept for Prince of Persia:
http://www.sparth.com/gallery/displa...album=42&pos=4

or here....by Matt Dixon
http://www.mattdixon.co.uk/g33.htm

server is so slow today, can't browse more examples....I had a wonderful self portrait in mind with a blue-red contrast, but I can't find it anymore

oh, and wizard-red eyes or not - awsome sculpture!
Old 04-30-2006, 05:59 AM   #834
succubus,queenofvampires

Wow, I love your photoshopped pics,Xng! I love your sculptures,Wizard and Sanctus!

Cartman(South Park): It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a woman's separation; this sort of penetration will
increase the population of the younger generation.
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 06:04 AM   #835
succubus,queenofvampires

Also Xng, I like your "I like the way it feels" poem.

Cartman(South Park): It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a woman's separation; this sort of penetration will
increase the population of the younger generation.
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 06:39 AM   #836
Draconysius

Sanctus, you have a real talent for sculpture! You're telling me that the last image was your third attempt at sculpting? I really need to practice.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 11:51 AM   #837
TwistedKitsune

end.of.eternity, thanks for the compliment

Sanctus, holy HELL girl! You freakin' rock that sculpture stuff. And I thought my penguin was pretty cool. Silly me, I should have known Sanctus would blow my socks off again.

pssst, Morrigan, tokidoki shashin wa ii...
TwistedKitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 12:11 PM   #838
WizardElement5

Hi end.of.eternity, hi Wise Child. You both might be right about the eyes, though Foggy's body colour has a bit more red in it, (ie is more purple), than that photo shows, so I hope a coppery-red might blend ok. But if it doesn't, or I just get bored with it, then I'm going to try silver.

Hi Sanctus. Your figures look fun - and lots of detailed work. Did you take inspiration from the comic characters, or were they based on your sculptures?

Hi Nike, thanks. Great pictures posted. I'm such a BIG fan of fantasy art, I can never get enough. My all time hero is the living God, (oh yes he is), Luis Royo, who's yours? I agree with you about the juxtaposition of reds and blues, that can often be very successful. I'm posting a couple more of my own pics with fairly radical colour contrasts that I believe work well. I hope you all like them.

The Waterer.
http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...TheWaterer.jpg

Inside
http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ent=Inside.jpg

Hi succubus, thanks.

Hi Xng. Of your photos, I like the one of you upside down in the chair best. The composition and colouring are both great and I love the way your hair falls. If you did one like that dressed in black on an inverted black cross that would be both very cool and very goth. Perhaps with a love poem written in red, (fake blood), nailed to the cross up above your feet. Hey, just an idea!
Old 04-30-2006, 12:46 PM   #839
Wise Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardElement5
Hi Wise Child, great to see you on the Art Thread. Have you posted any work here? If so, what page? See you.
Nah, unfortunately I can't draw for shit. I thought I was okay, until I saw some of the artwork on this thread. Now, I think my unskilled scribblings would bore compared to the stuff I've seen here. I'd probably still subject people to it, but unfortunately I don't have a scanner or digital camera - and photobucket leaves me all befuddled... I couldn't even manage to post a picture the other day. *wanders off, bumping into things*

... Oh, and I think the silver eyes would look wicked, much better than the red. Although the red would probably look good too, if he's more purpley IRL. Not trying to be bossy - it's your work - just giving my opinion, in case anyone's interested.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 03:06 PM   #840
WizardElement5

Hey Wise Child, don't worry about how well you draw, what you have to say is always more important than the technial ability with which you say it. All artists would love to have the skill of Rembrandt, but nobody else ever has. But that doesn't make everyone else's work any less valid.

For photobucket make a jpeg copy of the picture, (not too big), and then browse it from your photobucket album. When it's uploaded, right click on it and select copy shortcut. Back on gnet in your post reply, right click and select paste.

Always interested
Old 05-01-2006, 05:49 AM   #841
Sanctus Dei

Wizard, I truely enjoy your creativity and individualistic abilities. Your work is amazing. In answer to your question, all of the sculpture I attempt is based on the characters of others, I had a brief aspiration to become an action figure sculptor (still would like to) but wth my time constraints it's difficult to hone any skill.. I think I've only done 5 sculpts total.

Thanks everyone else for the nods!
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

Old 05-01-2006, 06:06 AM   #842
Blushing Heliophobe

Sanctus - those sculpts are amazing. I used to read Purgatory - I like it.

Wizard - your art would make for some really neat tarot cards, or dream cards.
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:15 PM   #843
lena

theres so much talent in here, I feel almost embarressed to even post anything. great work everyone.

Here is my latest... my scanner kind of erased some of the detail though.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g7...ymphsketch.jpg
Old 05-01-2006, 03:52 PM   #844
WizardElement5

Hi Sanctus. Thanks. Hey if you want to do something, go for it. You're right, there is never enough time. But creating something is always hard work and an artist/writer/sculptor/etc must work work work work work! Life is so short, live it with a passion!

Hi Blushing H. Thanks. Everything I do is a self -portrait, or a dream, (which is only a self-portrait painted by the subconscious). So maybe you're right, but I'm not really attracted to the formality of a pack of cards.

Hi Iena. Wow, I really like your "hairy fairy", (sorry, I know it's called nymph sketch, but the moment I saw her that name just sprang into my head). She seems to me to have a very gentle character. And I think she's been drawn honestly from the inside which means in my book, it's real art.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:12 PM   #845
lena

Thank you wizard, what a wonderful compliment! I didnt know what exactly she was (fairy, nymph, elf???) I just drew her... but i had to call her something when I saved her to the computer. I always thought it would be neat if I could grow my hair long enough to cover my whole body like that.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:00 AM   #846
end.of.eternity

Nice work, Lena.

I'm posting mine

SEE JACK RUN

it's a stupid point of view, I know.

((it's a male, for you who didn't know))
Old 05-04-2006, 10:31 AM   #847
TwistedKitsune

bah, end you got some talent on ya! *envyenvy* whether what you do is easy or not you make it look that way, which is something I, personally, think I always have a hard time doing...which just sort of defeats the purpose of making it look easy...

pssst, Morrigan, tokidoki shashin wa ii...
TwistedKitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 05:13 PM   #848
Sanctus Dei

Nice work End and Lena...

Old 05-04-2006, 09:16 PM   #849
WolfMoon

Sanctus ~ Badass sculpting job, babe! I'm jealous that you can draw and scuplt so damned well.

End ~ Is that pic what became of your vampire? I love it!

Wiz ~ Your work is great.

Lena ~ Love your Nymph. She looks very sweet.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 01:38 AM   #850
end.of.eternity

thanks Sanctus.

Kitsune, I tell you it wasn't easy - you shouldn't envy me at all because you're far more better than me. You do magic even by simply sketching when I use a long long time to make a pic very refined.

Wolfmoon - No, that is a totally different pic. the vampire was a woman, and this is a man

Now. here's a clearer pic of it(more vertically taken):

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...t/tophatII.jpg