Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:45 PM   #1
Creed of Heresy

Poets of the Fall

Perhaps one of my most favorite bands. Poets of the Fall hail from Finland, and can be considered alternative rock, though I am hard-pressed to put an accurate definition to their music if I were asked to really specify. They have a very distinctive style, and they live up to their names as Poets, typically evoking powerful emotions with their music. They have quite a few songs out, but are an indie band; no record label, their success [which cannot be easily dismissed] is entirely based on their talent. 100,000 or so albums sold in their home country alone, and more across Europe and the US. Alas, for we in the US, seeing them live is something they're not capable of yet due to financial concerns.

Still. This song is probably one of my most favorite of theirs. It's certainly quite poignant, at least to me. Give a listen, and if you like what you hear, I recommend anything from their albums Twilight Theater [no relation to That Abomination Of Which I Will Not Speak], Carnival of Rust, and Temple of Thought is pretty damn good. Especially Carnival of Rust, the song itself.

Enjoy: www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4ISFwQ5MIo

Last edited by Creed of Heresy; 10-08-2013 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Testing to see if Youtube BBC coding was on the board
Creed of Heresy is offline   Reply With Quote