Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:16 PM   #1
Saya

Anonymous Targets Nazis

Quote:
Hackers have targeted Germany's far-right with a Wikileaks-style website.

The launch of nazi-leaks.net follows the start of Operation Blitzkrieg, a campaign against neo-nazi and other far-right sites attributed to Anonymous.

The site includes a list of individuals the hacker group alleges are donors to the National Democratic Party (NPD).

The NPD are reported to be considering legal action against the site.

Anonymous is a loose-knit gathering of hackers best known for attacks launched in 2010 against companies such as Mastercard, Visa and Paypal in response to their withdrawal of services from Wikileaks.

A statement purporting to be from Anonymous announced the launch of Operation Blitzkrieg.

"We hereby call to you to identify sites where the nazis gather... collect the data and co-ordinate attacks," it said.

The nazi-leaks.net data, the authenticity of which has not so far been verified, also included some NPD emails, customer lists from far-right stores, as well as contact information from a weekly paper.

Some of the data had already been published online, German media reports suggest.
High volume of traffic

The leak has been criticised by some involved in fighting the far-right, citing privacy concerns.

Simone Rafael from the anti-Nazi web forum netz-gegen-nazis.de told the BBC: "The intention is a good one but I think this is the wrong way to act.

"Putting the addresses and names of people onto the internet is the wrong way to do this.

"This is a lot of data, but there are already some names where it's clear the people are not right-wing extremists."

Some people identified in the data had merely been contacted by right-wing publications seeking interviews, she added.

After the news broke, nazi-leaks.net became inaccessible, possibly because of the high volume of traffic it was experiencing.

However, the information has been mirrored on other websites, including the Anonops communications blog.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16424987

I was just watching ze news and they brought this up, seems Canadian authorities are pleased as punch. They'll be able to use the leak to help criminal investigations and hopefully will cut down on recruitment.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
Alan

This is awesome.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #3
Acharis

Ha ha. Good luck trying to sue Anonymous! Suck it Nazis ^_^

A bit concerning about the false positives though, it said there some of the people listed were only contacted by the right wing publications for interviews.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #4
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharis View Post
A bit concerning about the false positives though, it said there some of the people listed were only contacted by the right wing publications for interviews.
Well anon is a bunch of vigilantes, and the problem with vigilantes is often they don't check their facts. At least with anon they don't kill anybody.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #5
AshleyO

This is ace. But shouldn't it be NDP?

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:01 AM   #6
Kasdeja

Ok, so this "Anonymous" exposes them. Then what?

Props to Spooky Spencer for the 'shopped avatar!
If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.
Kasdeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #7
Saya

You must be new to the internet. Generally when Anonymous releases that kind of info its taken to mean that you should harass those people, but hate speech is illegal in several countries like Germany and Canada, so it helps the legal side, and it also helps anti-racist activists know their enemy.

And while its not necessarily illegal in the states, its rather embarrassing for certain GOP candidates: http://www.vice.com/read/yeah-ron-pa...fter-all-sorry
Old 02-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #8
Kasdeja

I'm NOT new to the internet, but isn't Anonymous promoting its own hate-speech under the guise of "exposing Nazis"? It's kinda like being the school bully... he knows which kids to pick on the most.

This is racist in its own way, and I'm sorry, but I can't get behind it.

Old 02-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #9
Saya

WOW. Are you seriously saying that by exposing people who want to kill others based on race, Nazis are victims of racism?
Old 02-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #10
Kasdeja

Yes. Because at this point, Anonymous assumes the role of Nazi. That's all.

Old 02-05-2012, 01:36 AM   #11
Versus

My rationalization for this is "Surely she doesn't mean the same kind of Nazis."
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #12
Solumina

I don't really approve of vigilante justice but to call Anonymous Nazis is way off base.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:06 PM   #13
Alan

Wait, what?
real classy
Old 02-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #14
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Wait, what?
Is your confusion about me not liking vigilante justice or Kasdeja calling Anon Nazis for going after Nazis?
-Carbon Leaf
Old 02-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #15
Alan

The second. How stupid must someone be to call antifascism a form of fascism?
real classy
Old 02-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #16
Solumina

Yeah, that takes a special kind of stupid.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 02-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #17
AshleyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasdeja View Post
I'm NOT new to the internet, but isn't Anonymous promoting its own hate-speech under the guise of "exposing Nazis"? It's kinda like being the school bully... he knows which kids to pick on the most.

This is racist in its own way, and I'm sorry, but I can't get behind it.
LoL! Oh man. If the internet was a real sample of the real world, we'd have something to worry about with the likes of people like you.

Luckily, we'll never see people like you weigh in on social issues in any meaningful way. Your numbers are too benign. Your group or at least your demographic are usually so misanthropic, it's surprising you can even conjure up the energy to type out a response on a message board.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote