Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 05-15-2006, 09:11 PM   #1
Melarune

Hail, and suchlike

Gawd, Im so useless at these introductions. How much can you really learn about a person from a few questions? Nevertheless, they have been (wisely) provided, so I'll use them

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
Im in my final year of an animation degree at the moment, which will probably not end in a job. "Free Time" and other things of legend are spent drawing my own art for a change, reading and spending ridiculous amounts of time on sites such as this

2. Where are you from?
Wales, UK

3. Who is your favorite author?
At the moment, Robin Hobb. Subject to change

4. What are your favorite films?
silly and vapid it may be, but One Night At McCools is doing a marvellous job of keeping me smiling lately.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Do you know, I havent really thought about it? I suppose it better be something mushy and pathetic to make my guests retch. I have to put up with it from them, my turn.

6. At your funeral?
Again, not really thought about. Im far too slapdash to consider things that havent happened yet. Nothing miserable. Something upbeat and funny. Im open to suggestions

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
A suicide pact would be interesting. I always wanted to go out with a bang. One last big "wahey!"

8. What kind of casket would you want?
simply made, but from mahogany. Demure but rich

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
I have a burgundy lace dress that works really well with jeans. Jeans I made myself. Im way too proud of those jeans. From a technical standpoint they arent really that impressive, but they were still the hardest thing I ever attempted

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
The cartoons. They all seem so lacklustre these days and Im not sure if Ive just 'grown out of them' or if they really arent as good as those from my childhood

11. What's your favorite band?
At the moment, Machinae Supremacy, for pure nostalgia value (C64 warblings, how I miss thee)

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
As I mentioned above, Im in my final year of a 3 year 2D animation BA

13. Why did you join?
Why not? Ive been reading these boards for a while so I thought it was high time I joined and perhaps contributed something

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Go on, have a guess, no clues. No? Female then. spoilsports :P
Melarune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:21 PM   #2
Magpie_Tendencies

Welcome. I'm not big on that suicide pact thing but aside from that you seem pretty cool. And you have a pretty avatar. So welcome

I miss watching cartoons too. I used to love them. I'd get up early on a Saturday so I could see all the good ones. It was the only day that you could ever get me out of bed early.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:22 PM   #3
Godslayer Jillian

Welcome. Your intro was good. And if that's a picture of you in your avatar, may I say you're stunning?

The only thing I didn't like was the suicide thing.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:34 PM   #4
WizardElement5

Hurrah! *Cheering from off stage* Another artist on gnet. Gnet artists rule! (Rule what? Well, um... if they're creating something with straight lines...). Anyway, it's great to have you on board this mighty ship. Really looking forward to seeing you post on the art thread... *Wizard wanders off, trips over own feet and crawls away hurridly.*
WizardElement5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:23 PM   #5
shattered_likeness

*cheers from offstage along side Wizard*

And, if you need help finding parts for that new computer, try http://www.tigerdirect.com , it has been a "god-send" for me in the past.

I also second Jillian's statement, although "stunning" seems to fall a bit short.

*laughs as Wizard trips over own feet, then slams face first into ground as does same thing upon exiting*
shattered_likeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:08 AM   #6
Demonista_Ravenesque

Welcome.

I am Demonista, though I am not a peasant of any nature, I bow down to your artististicness....and your pretty avatar.

Feel good! We are liking you!

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 04:07 AM   #7
end.of.eternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardElement5
*Cheering from off stage* -- *Wizard wanders off, trips over own feet and crawls away hurridly.*
Quote:
Originally Posted by shattered_likeness
*cheers from offstage along side Wizard*
--*laughs as Wizard trips over own feet, then slams face first into ground as does same thing upon exiting*
There's all this net role playing going on already..

I join the party!

*lurks behind the angle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardElement5
(Rule what? Well, um... if they're creating something with straight lines...)
:P well I have no idea either, but let's enjoy the day anyway.

Hails back Melarune! nice you joined.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:13 AM   #8
Melarune

Obviously I'm joking about the suicide thing. Id be too much of a wimp to do it anyway. Not to mention that I like my life way too much to bother myself with all that faff. So, apologies if I offended anyone, it was meant in jest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Tendencies
I miss watching cartoons too. I used to love them. I'd get up early on a Saturday so I could see all the good ones. It was the only day that you could ever get me out of bed early.
Agreed. I mean... I 'd get up at 7am on saturdays too. Why did they do that? Why did they put all the best shows on first? I still watch every cartoon that comes my way (and I call it 'research') but half the time you'll catch me sighing wistfully that it's not My little Pony or Darkwing Duck (anyone else?) or whatever

Yes, that's me in my avatar. Some people deal with messy breakups by drinking, I just take photos of how miserable I am. And turn them into avatars :P Thanks to all for the nice comments
Old 05-16-2006, 05:51 AM   #9
succubus,queenofvampires

Wow, you're really beautiful!! And now that the suicide issue's been settled,welcome to Gnet. I think that you'll perfectly fit in here.

Cartman(South Park): It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a woman's separation; this sort of penetration will
increase the population of the younger generation.
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 05:52 AM   #10
Queenofdarkness57

Welcome! You're VERY pretty *drools*
I'm looking forward to your contributions...
Old 05-18-2006, 02:44 PM   #11
Niels

He who is about to cyber-drool over your avatar salutes you!

*drools*

See... told you!

And welcome!
Old 05-18-2006, 03:18 PM   #12
spookypurple

Hello hello hello!

*jumps up and down in excitement*

What part of Wales are you from?????

Hamlet
spookypurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:46 PM   #13
Kinflame

Location: FGBWIERville, MKBJJKaryland, Unintelligent Shithole of America.
Well, as I can't be sure you're not a middle aged male hooker in disguise, I'll venture so far as to say whoever your avatar is be pretty. If it really is you, then indeed. Congratulations on being one of the lucky few that are physically beautiful enough to remain on this earth after the cleansing fire of Wraeththu have purged mankind.

Humho.

I draw too! WE HAVE SO MUCH IN COMMON! Except I kind of suck, whereas you probably, ah, don't suck. Anyway. Ranting time over. Welcome!
Kinflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 03:36 AM   #14
Melarune

Niels: How is a cyber-drool different to a normal *drool* kind of drool? Either way, I appear to be getting both, and that makes me warm and squishy in a place deep inside. :P

spookypurple: Pontypridd. Im only here for Uni, originally I'm from Gloucester and if I have my way, I'll never be going back *shudder*

Kinflame: Well I'm fairly sure I'm female. If I'm not, I've been living a lie for 20-odd years. In regards to the cleansing fire thing, I'd say it had very low standards. There are still some very strange looking people walking the earth. Thats not me being mean and shallow, thats impartial observation :P I like to think I dont suck at illustration, but I'm starting to think I suck at animation. My tutors are marvellously inept, but thats a subject for a rant thread...
Old 05-19-2006, 03:36 PM   #15
Kinflame

Wow, because I'll admit I'm mean and shallow. UGLY PEOPLE ANNOY ME!

Anyway, also the subject of a rant thread.

(Joking, if you can't tell.)
Old 05-19-2006, 03:52 PM   #16
An Eccentric Cellist

I have the strangest feeling that I've said hello but I'll say it again. Hi Melarune! You are pretty and and seem very kind. I like you, please stay. Your intro was well done, bravo.
An Eccentric Cellist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 08:29 AM   #17
Melarune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinflame
Wow, because I'll admit I'm mean and shallow. UGLY PEOPLE ANNOY ME!
If I didn't know you were joking, I would cry. You sound just like an ex friend of mine (notice the 'ex,' kids, this is important) who would go shopping, come home and ask me "Dont you just hate ugly people/people over 30. They shouldn't leave the house" I'd be forced to say that I'm not in the habit of condemning whole demographics and just walk away. This from the girl who is in no way an authority on physical beauty and has the mindset of someone way over the age of 30. When her boyfriend visits and starts talking to her housemates, she gets upset that she isnt the centre of attention anymore and informs him that its 8pm and therefore time to go clean his teeth and get ready for bed. They are both 22. Aiyaiyai! I shall stop there since it's getting dangerously close to a rant and that really isnt good for my soul

An Eccentric Cellist: I dont remember you saying hello but you have now, so yeah. "Hi" :P I have every intention of sticking around. Thanks about the intro. It's ridiculous how challenging I find it to write about myself. It's nice to have guidelines for a change
Old 05-20-2006, 04:31 PM   #18
Kinflame

Somehow I have an inherent talent to be totally insensitive and say the most offensive things possible in a situation, no matter the intent.

I'll just stop talking. But first, question. Why the fuck did you go out with someone who had the mental maturity and shallow mindset of a thirteen year old Abercrombie sporting girl? Meh.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:22 AM   #19
Melarune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinflame
Somehow I have an inherent talent to be totally insensitive and say the most offensive things possible in a situation, no matter the intent.

I'll just stop talking. But first, question. Why the fuck did you go out with someone who had the mental maturity and shallow mindset of a thirteen year old Abercrombie sporting girl? Meh.
Im not offended or anything, just mildly amused and slightly sad that things said in jest have parallels in 'real life' (and other mythical things like that. You dont still believe in 'real life' do you? :P)

I didn't 'go out with her' nope, I'm straight as a die, I'm afraid. She was just a very good friend to me for a time when things were going wrong all over the place. But now she's shown her true colours and I cant be bothered with the pettiness and arrogance that just emanates from her. Le sigh
Old 05-21-2006, 12:50 PM   #20
Kinflame

Le sorry. Anyway, you seem like a cool person despite said shitty friend and all. So. In order to satisfy my lame music taste, gonna go listen to my old JEW! Crimson and Clover does kick asssss.

Correction, Jimmy Eat World. Not my Jew. That would be strange. O_o
Old 05-21-2006, 11:35 PM   #21
Sanctus Dei

Hi and Welcome.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:37 AM   #22
gkb

From Ponty?

Hello Melarune - welcome to the site.

I noticed you are from Ponty of all places - I grew up in nearby Nelson.
It's a small world!

Are you doing your degree in the University Of Glamorgan by any chance?
That's where I did mine - ah, memories.
gkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 04:46 AM   #23
happy_dude

Location: I'm underneath the sink, now what do you think, living under my sink?
Hi, someone that draws and likes Machinae Supremacy(SiD metal!) a grand combination.
"One last big "wahey!" " I thought that made it fairly obvious it was a joke.
Yet again hello and welcome.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:38 AM   #24
Melarune

gkb: Yup, Glamorgan Uni. Final, end of year tutorials on Friday. Fun fun. I get to see how badly I've failed :P Do you remember the tutors being horribly disorganised and as likely to confuse you further as help you? Have they always been this way or is it just a treat laid on for my benefit? *takes it all so personally*

happy_dude: Machinae Supremacy FTW. Has to be played ear-bleedingly loud to terrify my neighbours. I agree, I thought I was being obvious, but eh. Wouldnt be the first time my humour has been lost on the vast majority. I should have said I wanted to be lowered into the ground on straps and then twung into a tree...