Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 12-19-2008, 12:49 PM   #1
Mr. Filth

Jaded people. Cool people.

You know the kind. Overtly blazay about pretty much everything. Can't be bothered with anything. Just too cool, been there done that. You think you have it all figured out and life is so meaningless that you don't even bother trying, yet still feel the need to put down everything around them.

Once when I was working in a retail clothing store, back in highschool, I ran into one of these characters. He was moping about the Quicksilver clothing line for about 5 minutes and looking really out of place. Hair combed in front of his face. Slouched pasture. Sighing a lot.

I finally went over and asked if I could help him find anything. He just kind of looked at me and his face scrunched up all disgusted like I had a dick growing out of my forehead of something. He says "No. I'm just sick of how everything has a logo on it". "Well why don't you make your own clothes? That's what I do." He responds with "Huh. Looks like you wear whatever is sold to you". I'm starting to get pissed with his attitude. "Well I AM working right now. It's a requirement to dress nice when you work here." He doesn't believe me "Yeah right. I would never take a uniformed job. You obviously can't relate to what I'm trying to talk about". "Oh yeah, you're obviously too enlightened to lower yourself to wearing ... Oh, what shoes are those? Nike?"

He gets all offended and walks away. Good. Punk ass probably was brought there by his mother. If you think you're too good for a uniformed job you probably haven't ever had to work before. Going around and sighing at commercial clothing lines is hardly a display of anarchy. There are people like this though. Too cool for anyone and so self absorbed that they create problems for themselves that aren't even there. Typical teenage white kids with authority complexes.

Anyway. I just wanted to rant about that because I ran into a similar type of person at the DMV today. Saying something to me about how wearing eyeliner doesn't make me look cool or edgy as I think it does. Fuck you buddy I like how it looks. I think if you don't contribute anything, you shouldn't complain and have no room to be judgemental. FLAME ON!
Mr. Filth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:02 PM   #2
JCC

Blazay? What the fuck is blazay? Surely you don't mean blasé?
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:04 PM   #3
Mr. Filth

That's what I said. Blazay. I don't know how to add the accent on my keyboard so I sounded it out instead. Pretty clever, huh?
Old 12-19-2008, 01:08 PM   #4
JCC

Ctrl + Alt + E
Old 12-19-2008, 01:08 PM   #5
Mr. Filth

Thank you but that's not working,
Old 12-19-2008, 02:04 PM   #6
Underwater Ophelia

So...you think it's important to be professional, so you wear a uniform, but you don't think it's important to be nice or indifferent to customers when they give you attitude?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 02:15 PM   #7
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
So...you think it's important to be professional, so you wear a uniform, but you don't think it's important to be nice or indifferent to customers when they give you attitude?
He was nice to the guy long enough, I would've told the guy to go fuck himself long before Mr. Filth blew his fuse.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:24 PM   #8
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
He was nice to the guy long enough, I would've told the guy to go fuck himself long before Mr. Filth blew his fuse.
And then you'd get fired.
Congrats.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:48 PM   #9
JCC

Quote:
Congrats.
Thanks babe.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:34 PM   #10
Mr. Filth

Quote:
I think he was giving a bad vibe that would bother other customers. His mood wasn't changing based off what I was saying either. I was smiling and friendly the whole time, if not a little facetious at the end of it. God I hated working in retail. Never again.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:06 PM   #11
KontanKarite

Quote:
Congrats.

Not really... Some supervisors are pretty damned cool and trust you don't ever start trouble off the bat.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 04:11 PM   #12
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
Not really... Some supervisors are pretty damned cool and trust you don't ever start trouble off the bat.
It's not cool to be unprofessional.
Any establishment that would allow a salesperson to talk to customers like that is unprofessional.

Your job in sales isn't to tell people off, give people your opinion, or stand up for what you believe in. It's to make money.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:24 PM   #13
KontanKarite

LoL!!! I love how you're telling me things I already know.

Cool thing though... SOME places on a rare occasion, CAN take up for themselves and make their money at the same time.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 04:29 PM   #14
Wormboy

That's why I work overnight stocking in retail, not on the floors during the day. I know my temper and I know the people shopping at Target. Not a fun mix.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:30 AM   #15
masquerade

I wish I could be rude to more than half the people that come into my work. I've smarted off a few times and that resulted in them being pissed enough to call the state on me. If you work with kids under five years old they can do that, it's not much fun being evaluated. Thankfully the lady who did the evaluation thought I was the sweetest thing in the entire world. I've never sucked up so much in my entire life.
masquerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:46 AM   #16
girasol

Quote:
It's not cool to be unprofessional.
Any establishment that would allow a salesperson to talk to customers like that is unprofessional.

Your job in sales isn't to tell people off, give people your opinion, or stand up for what you believe in. It's to make money.

Sometimes you will ask them to pick an option that they would prefer... Stupid things like... do you need a bag or are you alright?
or - are you entering pin or signing.

If they happen to find something wrong with anything and you try to explain them anything in the most professional pleasant manner possible - they will still be angry.

And quite often when you smile and answer politely or wait for them to leave like you are instructed to do... this makes them even angrier.

Sometimes it is fine to deal with a customer by trying to rationalize with them. Because there are people who are never fucking happy.
They don't realize how happy it makes me when they finally say they will go somewhere else because I won't discount more off an already discounted item just because they are old.
girasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:55 AM   #17
Mr. Filth

No joke. Once when I was working at Blockbuster a woman came to the counter demanding a refund on Little Miss Sunshine because Steve Carel's character was gay and it offended her. I flat out laughed at her and said "Being a bigot does not entitle you to special treatment." She was furious. The manager agreed with me. She never came back and wasn't missed.

Another good one was this dumbass who wanted a refund because he thought Running with Scissors "Was not a comedy! That was a terrible story. I felt horrible after watching it." My response was "Welcome to the wonderful world of movie rental. Sometimes you won't be happy with your purchase." He was actually cool though. He laughed and said "I guess you've got a point".

I was famous there. The other employees took to calling me Randal after the character in Clerks. Good times.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:05 AM   #18
masquerade

So you're taking it back?
Old 12-21-2008, 01:06 AM   #19
girasol

Some lady came in with her 4 year old receipt. She wanted to refund about 6 dust covered things. We don't actually have to refund anything that doesn't have over 12 months warranty written on the packaging but I was told to refund it anyway...

How can you keep track of receipts like that...

The refund was maybe 9$ or something.

I wouldn't get off my chair for that ... -_-
or maybe I would.
Thats a lie.
If I was out of smokes, maybe I would need it.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:12 AM   #20
Mr. Filth

Quote:
Originally Posted by masquerade
So you're taking it back?
Taking what back?
Old 12-21-2008, 01:16 AM   #21
masquerade

.... You can't be Randal if you're not taking it back.

Most people when you work in costumer service isn't worth your time anyways. It reminds me of the guys who pick up the phone at Wal-mart and prank anyone who is asking for help. It's just something you wish you could do too if you were working there.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:16 AM   #22
girasol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Filth
Taking what back?

I think she meant your previous job.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:21 AM   #23
Mr. Filth

I think she means am I taking back 'porch monkey'. The answer is Yes, porch monkey, we are BOTH taking it back. *low 5*
Old 12-21-2008, 01:23 AM   #24
masquerade

Indeed.

I figure since we are bashing customers you should atleast take it back.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:29 AM   #25
Mr. Filth

<----Consider it 'reclaimed'. \m/