Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-14-2010, 03:24 PM   #126
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalitrima View Post
. . . I want sushi now. Damn. So, what's your favorite kind?
I like all the ones that come in the box. I don't know if the different fillings make each piece have a different name or something O.o

The one filled with a litle blob of tuna was nice, and I like the ones with the big prawn and the slice of salmon on top as well.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:25 PM   #127
Kalitrima

What kind of cookies? Details, details. . . Sorry.

Honeythorn: Lookie lookie!
Kalitrima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:39 PM   #128
JCC

Quote:
What kind of cookies? Details, details. . . Sorry.

Honeythorn: Lookie lookie!
Just plain old cookies I'm afraid, I had mint chocolate yesterday but my sister trampled all over my dreams for delightful mint choc chip cookies with her big tramply boots of bullshit, so I had limited resources. I substituted a little (VERY LITTLE) sugar for some treacle so it's kind of got a rich molasses undertone without being overpoweringly sweet. They're a little chewy but I'm pleased overall.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:41 PM   #129
Kalitrima

You're convincing me that I need to learn how to bake. I'll probably wait until after I drop a few more pounds, though. Any advice on what recipe to start on when I do?
Erk. Now I have to scuttle off to class. Be back in a few hours. . . though I woke up at 2 this morning, so I might just crash when I get home.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:45 PM   #130
honeythorn

Aha! The stuff in the packs I buy is Nigiri sushi and Oshi sushi then.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:57 PM   #131
JCC

Quote:
You're convincing me that I need to learn how to bake. I'll probably wait until after I drop a few more pounds, though. Any advice on what recipe to start on when I do?
Well, chocolate chip cookies are really pretty simple, my recipe was just margarine (you can use oil or butter or whatever), raw sugar, egg (egg substitute), flour, baking soda, and a touch of salt, and I added vanilla essence, almond essence, treacle and cinnamon just for the fuck of it. And chocolate obviously. I think it's important to use a basic recipe for something like cookies so that you can add and subtract according to taste, it makes it more fun, but if you look online you can find recipes that will literally lead you in baby steps so being an absolute novice doesn't really matter. Just don't go crazy with the deviations from the recipe like my sister does and make some kind of mutant cookie.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:37 PM   #132
glasstoother lardcake

I eat candles and german automobiles and displaced power couplings when I get hungry when i get really hungry i might choose to eat something sweet and sumptuous like eggplant over girlfriend and remember to lick under the fingernail because i'm a vegan and need my protein.
glasstoother lardcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:39 PM   #133
korinna5555

I just ate a half-a-peanut butter and cinnamon sammich. Yum.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:51 PM   #134
honeythorn

AGH! My nemesis! Bloody peanut butter! >.< *gags* I shall destroy it! And marmite!
Old 04-14-2010, 07:04 PM   #135
Saya

How can you hate peanut butter? I can't eat an apple without peanut butter anymore.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:45 PM   #136
Kalitrima

I don't really care for peanut butter, either. Jesus, this is starting to get really, REALLY weird. Anyway, thanks for the tips, JCC. I feel like I'm barraging you with questions, but are there any things that you'd avoid completely, at least at the start?

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who experiments openly with food. Mom always treats recipes as if they're the word of God Himself. (Capitalized out of freaking habit.) Heck, that's how I discovered the best way to cook eggs ever.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:06 PM   #137
Pineapple_Juice

....wait, how has everyone glanced over the fact that there was possible MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP cookies?!
Old 04-15-2010, 12:38 AM   #138
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
....wait, how has everyone glanced over the fact that there was possible MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP cookies?!
Not a huge fan of cookies, I have to admit. I'd rather just eat the dough.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:39 AM   #139
Anarasha

Cookies... *drool*
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:24 AM   #140
JCC

Quote:
I don't really care for peanut butter, either. Jesus, this is starting to get really, REALLY weird. Anyway, thanks for the tips, JCC. I feel like I'm barraging you with questions, but are there any things that you'd avoid completely, at least at the start?
Honestly, I'm not sure. It's intuitive in the sense that you will likely end up choosing a recipe that you know isn't going to cause you too much of a ball-ache, but even some of the most intimidating recipes are deceptively simple so long as you pay attention, so you shouldn't feel like you have to tread on eggshells. I guess a good suggestion would be to find a recipe that has a lot of directions which are clearly laid out and don't assume any prior knowledge on your part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice
Old 04-15-2010, 05:52 AM   #141
Razeal18

i care not i eat snacks, further proof that we are the undead. We eat massive fattening and unhealthy food and yet we still live. I dare all of you to eat a double down.
Razeal18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:18 AM   #142
Kalitrima

Thanks again, JCC. I'll have to give it a shot and see if I can do it without burning the house down.

Pineapple, I DIDN'T GLANCE OVER THE COOKIES. Actually, the mint chocolate chip part was what got me really interested. I'm a sucker for mint and chocolate.

Saya, I know what you mean, but I also like cookies. Trust me, I can plunge into a bowl of cookie dough and. . . yeah, been resisting that lately. Really well, actually. I'm proud of myself for skipping dessert so often. And it's not like I'm punishing myself or anything. It just. . . stopped appealing to me. Woohoo~

. . . But cookies will be made. Probably for other people.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:43 AM   #143
Ben Lahnger

Simplest cookie recipe EVER!!!

1-2-3 Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
1. Combine sugar and egg in mixing bowl, stirring till smooth. Add peanut butter and mix in thoroughly.
2. Roll into walnut-sized balls.
3. Place the balls on ungreased cookie sheets at least 2" apart.
4. Flatten with the tines of a fork.
5. Turn 90 degrees and use fork again to create cross hatches.
6. Bake 10 minutes at 375F (or till done). Let cool in pan for 1 minute before removing to cooling rack.
I don't know why it works with only the 3 ingredients and no flour ... I just know it does. I also know YOU CAN'T DOUBLE THE RECIPE for some reason. It makes no sense to me, but my mom told me so and I believe her.

Quote:
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who experiments openly with food. Mom always treats recipes as if they're the word of God Himself.
Here's a funny thing about changing recipes; be careful about crediting it. My mom used to make a lasagna to die for. (I have the recipe, but it never quite turns out as perfectly as when she made it. I wonder if she held out on an ingredient on me. Hmmm?)

Anyway, one day a neighbor lady asks for the recipe, and since my mom never minded sharing the cooking goodness, she gladly helped the neighbor out. The original recipe called for 3 cheeses, but this neighbor took the recipe and substituted Velveeta for one of them. ARGGGHHH!

But that's not what bothered my mom. What bothered her was when word got back to her that the neighbor was serving the lasagna with Velveeta and then saying, "Oh, I got the recipe from ------!" And that drove her nuts, because she didn't want all her friends and neighbors thinking that was her recipe.

If you're going to change a recipe, then don't credit the source, unless you qualify the modification. Once you change it, it's your recipe.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:01 AM   #144
Kalitrima

http://www.2flashgames.com/2fgkjn134...ecipe-7001.jpg

Try again.

And if I modified a recipe, I'd say something like 'I modified it from _____'s recipe!' Or I would take credit. But I'd be more concerned about not giving credit where it's due, yanno? That just seems like more of an insult to me.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:04 AM   #145
Ben Lahnger

Wrong. I've made and ate them. Although that graphic is pretty funny!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 04-15-2010, 09:10 AM   #146
Kalitrima

The internet has taught me to be cautious. I'm gonna get the word of at least two other people I know in person before I try them.

Then again, considering where the picture came from. . . dunno if I can trust it, either. Oh well.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:28 AM   #147
Ben Lahnger

Well, the there are copies of the recipe in a lot more places on the internet (with many comments from people who have eaten the cookies) than that graphic. But yes, do be sure to be extremely cautious about the peanut butter cookie recipe ... if they started smoking in the oven, you might actually have to go OUTDOORS while the house aired out. LMAO!!!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 04-15-2010, 09:31 AM   #148
Kalitrima

Oh god! Outside! But. . . but Outside is scary! There are other things moving out there! I. . . I wouldn't know what to do! And I can't find the ceiling! And there's this really bright lightbulb overhead and I can't find the switch! And the walls are gone, too! And. . . okay, lame joke's gone on long enough.

I'll dig around in my mom's old cookbooks and see if I can't get a good recipe for you guys in return.

ETA: Found an old Hershey's Chocolate Treasury from 1984. So, here's a list of their sections/chapters. Let me know if you want the recipe list from any of these in particular:
Showstoppers
Cakes, Frostings, & Fillings
Pies & Pastries
Cheesecakes
Souffles & Fondues
Puddings, Mousses & Bavarians
Frozen Desserts
For the Holidays
Breads & Coffee Cakes
Cookies
Candies
Snacks & Sweet Treats
Beverages
Sauces & Toppings
Microwave Specialties
Fun & Frills
Old 04-21-2010, 09:53 AM   #149
Solumina

Omelettes are amazing, I really should have them for breakfast more often.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:05 AM   #150
JCC

Making a chocolate cake for a friend's birthday this Friday.