Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 09-28-2008, 10:34 PM   #1
Jaye Jang

Question It's a guy thing, right?

Okay, so is it just me or are guys from another planet? I work as a medical typist. In my time of doing this job I have typed reports on: 1) A guy who 'didn't know his own strength' and who accidentally yanked his ceiling fan out of the ceiling, and beat himself up with the blades.

2) A guy who ran over his roommate while test-driving a toboggan down the stairs -- in April.

3) A guy who ran over himself with his own couch. (He was pushing it up the stairs on rollers, no less).

4) An obviously drunken guy who accidentally swallowed his penlight, which was still blinking when the surgeon removed it.

5) A guy who -- get this -- swallowed a vibrator on a drunken dare. (Don't even ask me to explain that one).

6) An inept fisherman wannabe who could not handle fly fishing and was totally incompetent with a net, so he tried spear-fishing -- and speared himself, in the foot.

7) And tonight, a guy who broke his arm while testing a laundry basket for durabiity, by --you guessed it -- riding it down the stairs.

Trust me, the absolutely dumbest thing I have ever seen a female patient do was to be 'attacked' by her blowdryer and thrown backwards into a tub of water.

So, is this 'native ingenuity' a 'guy' thing or what?
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:44 PM   #2
Saya

My aunt is a nurse, and has had a woman walk in to the emergency room who had a roll of twenties stuck up her cooch, and said she needed help getting it out.

And in high school there was a girl who tried to use a hot dog weiner for a dildo, had trouble getting it out so went to the emergency room.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:46 PM   #3
TheBloodEternity

I find it amusing that stupid shit I hear about women doing and having to go to the emergency room usually involves their vag.

"Lucifer was an idiot, it wound up lord and master of nothing at all."
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:46 PM   #4
Godslayer Jillian

I take pride on male stupidity. Or should I call it dangerous creativity.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:25 PM   #5
Fatbaby

Yes! Without that dangerous creativity Benjamin Franklin while flying his kite would never have said, "Damn! That's shocking."
Fatbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:48 PM   #6
Tralis

Some of that reminds me of the Darwin Awards.
Tralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:50 AM   #7
Nexus-6

^^ The Darwin Awards are hilarious
Nexus-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 02:18 AM   #8
Nexus-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
My aunt is a nurse, and has had a woman walk in to the emergency room who had a roll of twenties stuck up her cooch, and said she needed help getting it out.

And in high school there was a girl who tried to use a hot dog weiner for a dildo, had trouble getting it out so went to the emergency room.
The two funniest ones that have happened in my area are:

1) A rather embarrassed guy was brought into A+E with a large tomato sauce bottle lodged up his anus. The nurses (who I know and told me about this incident) asked the guy why he had the bottle up his anus & he told them he was trying to massage his prostate lol.

2) A local man who decided to commit a cardinal sin with a goat got the shock of his life when he couldn't remove himself from the beast and was later found by a police patrol. The guy ended up in court and the local media had a feeding frenzy over it lol

There's plenty of stories regarding women but they're nowhere near as amusing as these two
Nexus-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 05:30 AM   #9
$haDe

You should have seen a guy who jumped in a pool full of crocodile after he dropped his contact in there.

He said that it was like 500,000 $ worth. He almost lost his leg only to found that the paper thing he got after such an attempt was a diaper.

And that contact was amazingly gone,forever.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:25 AM   #10
Jaye Jang

The first report I ever typed about a guy doing something embarrasingly stupid made the papers, too. He got drunk at a party, and, on a dare, put a toilet trainer on his head. He couldn't get it off and decided to go sleep off the drunk and try to remove it. In the meantime, his 'friends' photographed him, sold the pix to the local paper, and he eventually had to have it surgically removed. But for awhile he had to walk around with a toilet trainer stuck to his head. Go figure.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:26 AM   #11
$haDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaye Jang
The first report I ever typed about a guy doing something embarrasingly stupid made the papers, too. He got drunk at a party, and, on a dare, put a toilet trainer on his head. He couldn't get it off and decided to go sleep off the drunk and try to remove it. In the meantime, his 'friends' photographed him, sold the pix to the local paper, and he eventually had to have it surgically removed. But for awhile he had to walk around with a toilet trainer stuck to his head. Go figure.

I 'was' a guy, But not anymore !!!!
Old 09-29-2008, 10:26 AM   #12
Slap Your Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
I take pride on male stupidity. Or should I call it dangerous creativity.
Hear hear!
Old 09-29-2008, 11:14 AM   #13
Minyaliel

*giggles silently at the potty training man*
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:40 AM   #14
Jaye Jang

Min, that was pretty funny. I felt for the poor schmuck, though. First he got the stupid thing stuck. Then, his friends took his picture and sold it to the paper. When he woke up he had a screaming headache and a toilet trainer stuck to his head, and his 'friends' made him go get the paper off the porch, which is when he found out he had made the papers. Then his friends tried in vain to get the toilet trainer off his head, and could not get it off with anything. They even tried to pry it off with a crowbar, if you can imagine that. He finally had to have it surgically removed with a skull saw. Go figure.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:48 AM   #15
Minyaliel

...you´ve got to be intelligent to get such ideas. Daymn. *shakes head, marvelling at the accomplishments of humanity* I wonder what Freud would´ve said about this incident.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:02 PM   #16
AngelikDemonik

This is why, on average, men don't live as long as women.

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:34 PM   #17
lucylucy

My boyfriend gets ridiculous when he's drunk. One time he was trying to be Neo from the Matrix for some reason, and he tried to lean back almost to the floor in slow motion and get back up. Of course, he fell.. but the really funny part is that every time he's drunk I say "Do the Matrix thing" and he does it. He always falls.

Men don't learn. <3
lucylucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:44 PM   #18
Duane

I resent that*dives into a pool full of piranha, to retrieve a quarter*
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:04 PM   #19
Splintered

The dumbest thing any guy has done, that I know of, was the guy who lived in a few towns over, decided he wanted to get busy with a horse, the horse sodomized him, and he later died from the wounds.

http://www.komonews.com/news/archive/4158101.html
Old 09-29-2008, 03:15 PM   #20
Saya

Thats funny Splintered, I actually remember that being posted here in Spooky News a few years back when it happened XD
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:34 PM   #21
Mealla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBloodEternity
I find it amusing that stupid shit I hear about women doing and having to go to the emergency room usually involves their vag.
Exactly. Women do stupid crap too, but it almost always involves the vag.

Could have just been an urban legend, but I read once about a girl in chemistry that decided to masturbate with a test tube. A...glass test tube...that shattered while she was using it. But I've never seen a factual source cover it, so as stated, it may not be true.

But...my half brother from my mom's previous marriage (who has always lived with his father's family) has done some pretty stupid things in his time. Including attempting to steal a tailgate off a truck in a parking lot where there was a police officer patrolling, who caught him and his idiot buddy who put him up to it...and the time he decided to do some kind of crazy stunt on a truck and fell off and injured himself. But he is resilient, I'll give him that. Guy got crushed between two train couplings in a work accident (that one was his employer's fault, not his) and survived.
Mealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:59 PM   #22
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelikDemonik
This is why, on average, men don't live as long as women.
Nagging women are the reason men don't live as long.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:11 PM   #23
gothicusmaximus

Women are just as stupid as men. If they weren't, I'd be a virgin.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:07 PM   #24
Jaye Jang

Mealla, that reminds me of some guys in my state who actually made it into "World's Dumbest Criminals." They tried to steal an ATM machine, chained it to their truck, and pulled off. Problem is, it didn't go anywhere, but the bumper did. It ripped off and so they very cleverly drove off and left it on the ATM -- with their license plate attached!!! Unbelievable as that act of 'sheer genius' was, they actually could not understand why the got caught. Duh!!

Oh, and GM. Do I detect a note of modesty???
Old 09-29-2008, 10:36 PM   #25
LaBelleDameSansMerci

I broke my finger by dropping a slab of limestone on it.
Seems a woman can be stupid in ways not related to sticking things in her cooter. >.<

Holy crap. Vagina is not listed in thesaurus.com
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote