Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-24-2007, 07:21 PM   #26
StasisInDarkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lilith
My life is like a broken window;
Oy, the histrionics!

Now, please, don't misunderstand...I have a history of self-injurious behavior and it takes every ounce of strength that I have not to cut or burn or purge...

But that doesn't mean I am hopeless! Yes, I am going to live, for the rest of my life, with an addiction--an addiction to cutting, burning, restricting calories, over-exercising, and purging. I will die with (hopefully not from) these addictions.

I've not given up on myself, and neither should you.

And you can help the way you feel. It's cognitive/dialectical behavioral therapy. It's realizing what triggers your urge to cut and avoiding those situations, or should they arise, notifying those that can help you get through the moment, and ultimately finding other coping mechanisms to deal with your negative affect.

Honestly, I don't think you want help. It seems to me as though you want to wallow in your trendy sorrow.
StasisInDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 05:55 PM   #27
Lady Lilith

Quote:
Originally Posted by StasisInDarkness
Honestly, I don't think you want help. It seems to me as though you want to wallow in your trendy sorrow.

i guess that explains it when i get into my phases.....it's as though the rational side of my brain just shuts off and i cant think of anything else....i keep wanting to go back to my therapist but i just havent scheduled it yet....as last time i was in a fight with my dad lol....and today i got so frustrated with something not going right in shop that i took the project i was working on and rubbed the palm of my hand raw....well, almost raw. And two days ago i got so mad at my mom that i used a safetly pin (the back on it-it worked better than the needle) on the vein of my wrist, but it didnt break the skin....

I don't think that I don't want help, it's that I don't know how it will help me, because I think in the future when i get into another funk I'll just do it again....
Lady Lilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:21 PM   #28
kimaru

Quote:

I don't think that I don't want help, it's that I don't know how it will help me, because I think in the future when i get into another funk I'll just do it again....
That is excatly how I am...I did stop for awhile then I "got into another funk" and was worse than before I stoped.

(Also I can't believe I got through this thread without any-one saying anything to me ;P )
kimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:44 PM   #29
Lady Lilith

(lol)

And what's worse is that I think I'm becoming addicted to the pain....lol like twice I've thought of touching the stove when it was on (hehe-I didn't)....my best friend (who is seriously addicted to pain and has ALOT of scars) says I shouldn't get addicted to it, but I can't help it....
Old 12-01-2007, 01:11 PM   #30
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
(lol)

And what's worse is that I think I'm becoming addicted to the pain....lol like twice I've thought of touching the stove when it was on (hehe-I didn't)....my best friend (who is seriously addicted to pain and has ALOT of scars) says I shouldn't get addicted to it, but I can't help it....
You're not addicted to pain--you're being dramatic. An addiction to pain is much more serious than you've given us reason to believe you are.
You used a pin to scratch--but didn't break the skin.
You ALMOST wore your hand raw.
You ALMOST touched the stove--but didn't.

Stop actin' a fool.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:20 PM   #31
kimaru

I touched the stove once! I got this swirly burn pattern on my hand...it was however an accident...
kimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:43 PM   #32
Apathy's_Child

So you say there is no reason for cutting..... then it must be an image thing, which is all kinds of pathetic.

Wow, your mom sounds like a real bitch. She wants to know why her child is mutilating her own flesh? Where does the cunt get off?

Your mom loves you. Deal with it.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 05:40 PM   #33
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child
Where does the cunt get off?
The G spot. lol

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 05:53 PM   #34
Lady Lilith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
You're not addicted to pain--you're being dramatic. An addiction to pain is much more serious than you've given us reason to believe you are.
You used a pin to scratch--but didn't break the skin.
You ALMOST wore your hand raw.
You ALMOST touched the stove--but didn't.

Stop actin' a fool.
What I should have said was I think I'm becoming addicted to pain

I have broken the skin with a piece of glass-I have two grid-shaped scars on the upper and lower parts of my left arm....
Old 12-01-2007, 05:57 PM   #35
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:

I have broken the skin with a piece of glass-I have two grid-shaped scars on the upper and lower parts of my left arm....
Once again, you're not addicted to pain. I mean, it's possible, but I really doubt it. If you actually think you have a problem--see a therapist.
In my honest opinion--you want attention.
Prove me wrong and get help.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 05:58 PM   #36
Lady Lilith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child
So you say there is no reason for cutting..... then it must be an image thing, which is all kinds of pathetic.
an image thing?
Old 12-01-2007, 06:49 PM   #37
badteccy

Quote:

Wow, you're impressive....jesus.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:56 PM   #38
Lady Lilith

Quote:
Originally Posted by badteccy
Wow, you're impressive....jesus.
was that sarcasm?
Old 12-01-2007, 07:14 PM   #39
AngelikDemonik

Stop complaining about your mother caring about you. There are people out there that would kill for a mother that gives a damn about them.

You cut...that's nice for you. Do you really think people would be impressed here?

I'm not trying to be mean, but why sit there and complain and whine about your cutting, and NOT do anything about it? There is a reason WHY your mother asks you WHY you cut.

BECAUSE THERE IS A REASON WHY YOU CUT.

There is a reason behind EVERY SINGLE THING YOU DO. You wouldn't just grab a razorblade and cut yourself without ACTUALLY THINKING ABOUT IT, AS YOU ARE DOING IT. People don't go things WITHOUT THOUGHT--Whether it be rational or not.

I don't mean to be harsh, but there are people out there who desperately need help and cut themselves for REAL reasons...then you come along bragging about your scars. If you really need help, then see a therapist. Don't come to a public forum and complain to a bunch of strangers about how your mom cares about your cutting issue.
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 06:23 AM   #40
badteccy

Quote:
was that sarcasm?
Yes, yes it is.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote