Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 01-23-2006, 07:44 AM   #126
Blushing Heliophobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelTheLiar
Ok, for starters dressing like that AT an Army base would get you shot. I know what BDU stands for as I actually had to wear the real thing doo-doo browns and all. B = battle. I.E. unless you really want to split hairs over it the term refers to any BATTLE uniform. Regardless of color. Or even style. Russian BDU's differ from U.S. ones. But they are BDUs nonetheless. And some units require different colors, and patterns depending on the the enviroment. True enough they may go by an other name but, I'm not here to discuss my knowledge of military and combat badass-ness. I generally find a lot of assholes when I do. Lighten up and remember this is just a fashion point. Not stealth and infiltration 101.
Don't tell me to lighten up, my dear. I am as light as I like to be.

If you don't like discussing your 'knowledge of military badass-ness' then don't use the technical name for something that isn't correct.

You come off like someone who is trying to sound as if you know what you're talking about.

And no, you wouldn't get 'shot' for wearing them around Army guys, or any service member period. That would be illegal. You would get laughed at, because to those who wear them day in and day out it's like a Taco Bell employee seeing somebody wearing a Taco Bell uniform out on the town.

It doesn't bother me what you wear and what you call them - I was just trying to let you know in a roundabout way that by using those terms around anyone who actually uses them, you sound...like a civvy trying to sound military.
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:58 PM   #127
AbelTheLiar

Well I AM former military, and we called them BDU's regardless. If you were too, good for you. I really don't care. I call them what I do as I am used to refering to them as such. If you think it sounds poseur, go right ahead and think that.

True you wouldn't actually get shot, but then I was trying to use a touch of humor. At any rate I'm through with this topic. Largely as I don't want to come off as even more of an ass than I already do.
AbelTheLiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:55 AM   #128
Felreaper

Avoid Hot Topic! It's owned by GAP, it WILL turn you into a consumer whore. If you really want a good goth look, I recommend buying from a thrift shop and modifying clothes, my fav way to go.
Felreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:55 AM   #129
Felreaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelTheLiar
Well I AM former military, and we called them BDU's regardless. If you were too, good for you. I really don't care. I call them what I do as I am used to refering to them as such. If you think it sounds poseur, go right ahead and think that.

True you wouldn't actually get shot, but then I was trying to use a touch of humor. At any rate I'm through with this topic. Largely as I don't want to come off as even more of an ass than I already do.
Heh, I actually modified my dad's BDUs and put chains on them, they look amazing.
Felreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 12:08 PM   #130
Solumina

God damn it you are talking to people who aren't even here anymore. Don't reply to posts that are over two years old
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:27 AM   #131
pixy_dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarekro
Very true about Australia...Well more specifically Sydney. You either have the gangsta, the metro-fag, or the bogan of the bloke-types. Goth guys are a rarity...probably a good thing. Most "goth" guys I know here are skin-goths, and attention seeking pieces of shit who even I (and my mates) pay out...

As for me? Cross goth with a bogan and you have me...
Totally unexpected to come across two Sydney siders on this forum (Skarekro & Demonista_ravenesque). Count me the third!

You're spot on with the stereotypes of people around Sydney. But you haven't mentioned the Lebos who drive up & down George St in their pimp cars pumping shitty music and whistling at girls! very disturbing...they freak me out.

Demonista, I read your question for Skareko. Utopia Underground gigs = my ultimate hangout!

As for the 'how to dress goth' issue, I never imagined this question will be asked if you're actually goth. I find it easier to go shopping for clothes that you can picture yourself wearing comfortably & with confidence, rather than being told what to wear. Take me for example. I am more goth inside than emo or punk, but fashionwise, I fence-sit between all 3 styles, so I hit that balance that matches my outer personality- the way I talk and act - and also reflects a bit of what I am inside.
pixy_dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:34 AM   #132
Solumina

Don't respond to someone who hasn't been here in nearly three years
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:40 PM   #133
pixy_dust

oops I didn't see the year in the date of the post.
pixy_dust is offline   Reply With Quote