Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 11-16-2007, 05:55 PM   #1
DarkGentleman

Corsets for Men

I went through my wardrobe earlier this week and found my old male corset. It's mostly made of leather, has a zipper in the front with 3 buckles w/straps going across and has the lace-up on the back.
I noticed there was a tear on the side, lining is wearing out and now I'm deciding if I should just make another one. Maybe I will just do that.

Anyways, I'm curious if there are guys here that have worn one before or thought of wearing a male corset?
DarkGentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:05 PM   #2
d.Nox

I've wanted to, but never have. If done correctly, I think they look quite elegant.
d.Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:26 PM   #3
DarkGentleman

Believe me, it does look elegant if you wear a shirt and tie, nothing could go wrong with that. That's how I wore mine mostly.
Yet I have seen some guys wear it with a fishnet shirt or even black t-shirt didn't look too bad at all.

The worst one of it all is those who wear it with no top, looks like a total fetish freak, ewwww, that ruins it all.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:17 PM   #4
DepthsofSpace

Anyone got a pix of what one of these loks like worn properly? Sounds interesting...
DepthsofSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:20 PM   #5
Miss Cogs

Oh, how I love it when men wear corsets. ^^
Miss Cogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 12:57 AM   #6
TopHaggardDoll

aaawww...my boyfriend wears corsets. He wears women's corsets though, due to the fact he's a crossdresser and desires a more feminine shape.

I saw a man in a nightclub wearing a corset (one for a woman), he had trained his waist to about 18". I have to say, I was impressed. He was wearing it with a pinstripe shirt, it looked strangely elegant and androgynous.

I think Fakir Musafar wears one too.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:37 AM   #7
kimaru

I've never seen a guy in a corset...I'd like to though! Post some pictures!
kimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 10:42 AM   #8
badteccy

Only one guy looks good in a corset, and that is my friend Kyle. Every other guy I have seen in a corset seriously looks like a douchebag.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:07 PM   #9
Rorschach Twin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:G...esKorsett2.png

that makes me laugh
Rorschach Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:05 PM   #10
greencorrine

When worn correctly, yes, they look wonderful. I like them when they aren't too tight, and are worn over a shirt made of a nice quality fabric. I saw a young man wearing a corset at a Nightwish concert I went to, and he looked fairly nice. He wore it better than some girls I saw wearing them there; one who was bursting the seams on hers. *shudder*
greencorrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 07:05 PM   #11
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by badteccy
Only one guy looks good in a corset, and that is my friend Kyle. Every other guy I have seen in a corset seriously looks like a douchebag.
Co-signed.

And one more thing: Ties tucked into corsets are NEVER cool, male OR female. (Especially if you're female. :P) Either knock it off or suck it up, buy a well fitting vest and wear the corset under your shirt.

It's stylish AND you look like less of a tit, therefore it's a win-win situation!
Lolly PopMuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:45 AM   #12
Cicero

On feminine men corsets can be just as beautiful as on women. A friend of mine is currently designing a line of corsets for both men and women, and he looks rather stunning in a corset himself.

Yay for any guy who can pull it off, I say.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:24 AM   #13
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach Twin
The cheeky bastards stole my stomach for that right hand image!
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:14 AM   #14
Rorschach Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly PopMuzik
Co-signed.

And one more thing: Ties tucked into corsets are NEVER cool, male OR female. (Especially if you're female. :P) Either knock it off or suck it up, buy a well fitting vest and wear the corset under your shirt.

It's stylish AND you look like less of a tit, therefore it's a win-win situation!
I agree, 100%.

I mean, when you get down to it though, Corsets were never meant to be worn outside of clothing. I suppose it's kind of indecent. Not that I care, but I'm sure it must make most people question as to why one would be wearing underwear as outerwear. Eh, oh well though.
Rorschach Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:59 AM   #15
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach Twin
I agree, 100%.

I mean, when you get down to it though, Corsets were never meant to be worn outside of clothing. I suppose it's kind of indecent. Not that I care, but I'm sure it must make most people question as to why one would be wearing underwear as outerwear. Eh, oh well though.
Well, if you're going for the purdy (albeit played out) Victorian/old world look, that's really the only time where it's not good to wear it on the outside. Usually if it fits well and ties up decently, it looks pretty damn nifty on the outside.
Lolly PopMuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:20 PM   #16
DarkGentleman

All right now, here are some pics of my finished leather corset. It was a perfect fit and very comfortable.
I used a skull/crossbone cotton print for lining and leather on the outside along with a zipper in front with buckles going across on top.

Here's some pics.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...m/DSCF0053.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...m/DSCF0029.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...m/DSCF0028.jpg
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...m/DSCF0033.jpg

I got lots of compliments from people at the club night last night. I'm sure I pulled it off pretty well.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:29 PM   #17
Delkaetre

I found a site a while ago (lost it now) that sold men's corsets designed as a waistcoat/vest style, looked very fetching. It laced up the back and at the front looked like a v-necked waistcoat. Hook and eye fastening, fully steel boned, available in a selection of brocades. Gorgeous things. Very flattering, with a distinct waist reduction- but not to the point of being obviously feminine. Good for flattening the stomach and preventing the unfortunate man-breasts that male waist cinchers sometimes cause.
Gods, I wanted one... so pricey, but it would help so much with the androgyny/ breast binding. A beautiful black and silver or black and gold chinese silk brocade waistcoat for me to wear with a nice shirt and a decent pair of trousers- heck, even a good pair of tight jeans and the right boots could have worked in a 'gentleman highwayman' kind of way!
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:46 PM   #18
jestercel85

Ok I officially want a male corset, oddly enough I never even thought about this but after seeing those pics I really like it, it looked very nice and with the right shirt, pants, and boots, could create quite the visually stunning look.
jestercel85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:01 PM   #19
gothicusmaximus

Wow, DarkGentleman- I was skeptical, but it looks pretty rad.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:59 AM   #20
Murxek

it looks alright.. When i went to see Psyclon Nine and Skinny Puppy.. i saw a couple of men who wore dresses with corsets (and nothing else [bare arms]) and it looked awful. You could see their fat hanging out xD
Murxek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:27 AM   #21
DarkGentleman

I'm glad you all liked the pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murxek
it looks alright.. When i went to see Psyclon Nine and Skinny Puppy.. i saw a couple of men who wore dresses with corsets (and nothing else [bare arms]) and it looked awful. You could see their fat hanging out xD
Eeeeewwwww (shudders). Seems like they have no respect for the meaning of elegance.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:27 AM   #22
Miss_Hazie_Lane

I strongly encourage men to wear corsets... it's so hot, but only on skinny guys (YAY RIB COMPRESSION) as I've always said, I like my eyeliner black, my men girly, and my boots pointy
Old 12-17-2007, 06:31 PM   #23
DarkGentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenmother
MMM....and let me say MMMMMMMM again *turns to squish* I love men in corsets...my my my how they look so nice. That's actually how I met my husband now...The Art bar in SC, USA. He was a DJ wearing a corset and I was a stary-eyed undead girl...mmm...corset and fun...they kinda go hand and hand.
Did you look at my pics and turn to squish too?
Old 12-17-2007, 07:01 PM   #24
Xombie

Ahh. I am in love with how that looks from behind. That was just like...instant turn-on. Haha.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:42 AM   #25
Delkaetre

Pardon my threadomancy, but I thought that the waistcoated Gentlemen of the forum might appreciate these waistcoat-styled steel boned corsets by a wonderful French designer.Sylvain-nuffer.com
Please note, I've given you the link to the google-translation. While the translation is quite good, it may take a moment to load and may not be fully accurate. The corsets are in the sidebar labelled 'models', under the sub-heading 'Saint-Simonians'.
I found a few of the designs very appealing, and they tempt me to go back to occasional chest binding for the sake of looking like a wonderfully well dressed male.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote