Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-05-2014, 12:51 AM   #1
SoftShocks

Gender Identity Issues

Hello all,
I'm just going to jump right into this. I have gender issues.
I started crossdressing at a very young age, 5 or so. I'm 22 now and i have always found myself dressing as a woman whenever i could thoughout my life.
Lately however, i have been debating on perhaps going a step forward and maybe "become" a woman.

Do any of you deal with these issues too?
SoftShocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:35 PM   #2
Catch

I have thought about it briefly. I was androgynous as a youth. Anyone under 18, is essentially without any obvious gender assignment. That all happens with maturity.

Some people thought I was a man. Others thought I was a women. Life experience has taught me that it is better to deal with what was given to you.

There is no absolute better gender. If you want to dress as a woman, dress as a woman. As an adult, gender appropriate clothing fits better; however, there is an between of very similar looking clothing that both men and women wear. Clothes tailored for you will look better. To look more feminine, just dress for a carrot body shape for women. That means flowing shirts and bringing more attention to the buttox.

Realistically, gender roles are inert. They do not mean that much; however, you do not have to learn a completely different way of acting around people. Changing gender would be like changing your entire life.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:52 AM   #3
ape descendant

Are you a woman, or do you just enjoy women's clothing? You're the only one who can answer that.

Gender identity is such a complex thing, it makes my head want to explode.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:46 PM   #4
SoftShocks

i know that im not really a woman, i have never felt like i was in the wrong body.
I suppose that dressing as a woman makes me feel better about myself.
SoftShocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:44 AM   #5
AshleyO

I'm not confident on what the proper nomenclature is for gender identities. It's incredibly fluid. I used to gender bend a bit when I was younger. It's up to you to determine what you feel. Maybe just wearing women's clothing makes you feel better. Maybe it goes deeper than that. No one here can say one way or another. Perhaps there's some members here that can direct you to a few links that talk about these issues. A lot of prominent members have left that were more informed of these things. Maybe Saya might show up. I've always trusted her opinion on these matters cause she seemed very well versed in the subjects. I know that reddit offers some subreddits that give community to more fluid gendered people online if you want to look into that. Beware though. Reddit tends to be extremely chauvinistic as a general rule. As for here, I don't think there's anyone here that would give you any shit for what you're feeling.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:52 AM   #6
ape descendant

Well, SoftShocks, looks like you have yourself the beginnings of an answer there. There's a whole rainbow of gender identity/expression to be had. There are people who fit the binary, people who are masculine women, feminine men, agender, bi-gender, gender fluid and transgender people, both mtof and ftom who run the gamut of expression, themselves.

The decision to transition isn't a question of fashion. It has more to do with one's relationship to one's own body. It is a difficult, life-changing path that is usually only undertaken when one's body does not match one's mental gender. If you're not experiencing the mismatch, there isn't much of a point in it.

So, wear what makes you happy and keep in mind that there are plenty of items of clothing that are considered women's wear that used to be men's wear historically and vise versa, that most of what we consider to be gendered clothing is arbitrary anyway. Wear what ya like and rock that shit!

Be Kind

Last edited by ape descendant; 05-13-2014 at 07:55 AM. Reason: all sorts of terrible grammatical mistakes
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 02:55 PM   #7
Timeless Rebellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
I have thought about it briefly. I was androgynous as a youth. Anyone under 18, is essentially without any obvious gender assignment. That all happens with maturity.
So you're saying that on a person's 18th birthday, they suddenly grow boobs or toned muscle then?
It's funny, I knew plenty of girls in my early teenage year with... shall we say pretty obvious feminine curves?

Quote:
As an adult, gender appropriate clothing fits better; however, there is an between of very similar looking clothing that both men and women wear.
I'm going to assume you are talking about the size of the clothing fitting better?

Quote:
Changing gender would be like changing your entire life.
Changing one's gender really is more about physically becoming who you mentally always were as it so happens though.
Forget me not, and keep my memory.
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote