Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:10 PM   #26
tekajo

Edit: Looks like the discussion is over? Damnit i already typed this up while offline so i'm posting it anyway.

Quote:
There are so many things that could be the natural and logical source of what you first interpreted as 'ghosts',
Indeed.
What i talked about happened to me in my early teens. Up until that point anytime i heard a strange noise in my house "OMG it was a ghost". Or a shadow play directed by the trees outside my window which i viewed out the corner of my eyes. Had to be a ghost. Along with dozens upon dozens of other instances where i caught a glimpse of a sound or sight and immediately thought "ghost". And yes, i told those "ghost" stories quite often to my friends. Often times embellishing certain facts for the supposed shock value.

After actually seeing the real thing up close and personal i now know how foolish those other stories were.

For the past fifteen or so years i've tried to work out every possible explanation. i find none.

My cousin and i watched, standing side by side, an undiscernible "cloud" or mist transform into the shape of a woman floating above the ground. Her head lowered and her hands by her side. i can still see her gown gently swaying in the breeze. The moon was bright and high in the sky so i could see everything around me including the trees behind her. i could see through her.

i probably would have stood there for quite awhile had it not been for my older cousin bolting. Which caused me to run as well. The entire experience probably only took a few minutes at most. But it seemed much longer.

Nothing like this ever happened again. And i suspect it never will again.
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:10 AM   #27
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted House
the electricity has to go somewhere since it can no longer work the dead bodily systems.
Likely into heat and then dissapates.

I'm fairly sure I read this somewhere, not invented myself, but a theory I always liked was that seeing things is some kind of left over defence mechanism. Single animals, or those in small groups are more vulnerable, and so when people are alone or in small groups they become more likely to see things that cause them to leave and find other people.

I guess I won't rule out ghosts, but I've never seen anything that I couldn't explain. A flying, glowing white object on the Downs in Bristol (also seen by my friend), that turned out to be a patch of fog with light sweeping across it from a car's headlights on the other side of the field.

I also saw a dinosaur after waking up in the night when I was little. Hallucination. But I was definately awake.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:25 AM   #28
Saya

Lots of creepy things have happened, dunno if its ghosts or mass hallucinations, and its funny that I rarely meet anyone who says there are no such things as ghosts. A fairly recent story I heard was a guy who just started dating my cousin Heather decided to go see a psychic for shits and giggles, and the psychic tells him that a ghost came into the room, said her name was Rita, and that she has a message from Patricia, and said "You better take good care of Heather." He was confused by it and told Heather, and Heather got creeped out. Her mom died four years ago, and her real name was Patricia but the only person who ever called her that was my aunt Rita, who died when I was twelve, and Heather swears that not once had she told him anything about Rita or told him her mother's real name.

And everyone I know has a story like that.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:04 AM   #29
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurasthenis
If they weren't serious, I wouldn't be pissed :P But I see your point. No point in discussing this any further.
Very well.

Quote:
You seem like a nice person, thanks for saying this. Though my father died a couple years ago, I was more annoyed by people telling me stuff about my father that he would never normally say. Even if its 'good' things, when I think about my father I want to remember the things he did do and did say.
Thank you, and yeah, I can understand that.

Quote:
One day, we will know.
Indeed.

Quote:
I'm not english, and being more used to french grammar structure I am always worried my sentences may come out twisted.
So far, your english is -very- good and easy to understand; I didn't even know it was your second language.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:04 AM   #30
Vivi

Quote:
There is no such thing as ghosts. I am not closed minded; as a fact, I am very open minded and receptive when it comes to theories, but ghosts do not exist.

The trouble is that no one knows what a ghost is. there is probably some kind of logical explanation to such apparitions. After all, magic and the supernatural is just unknown and highly advanced science. If you or anyone else knew about such things, there would be no mystery in life and it would be boring and dull.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 02:02 PM   #31
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Can you prove this?
People who say ghosts aren't real don't have the burden of proof.
You do.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 02:05 PM   #32
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Theres really no distinct proof that they do exist either, but more evidence points to yes.

Are they everywhere? No, they're not.

Here's a theory that I like.

Ok so, as is known, the human body works by electrical impulses being sent back and forth from the brain to everywhere else in your body. Everything anyone does is controlled by electrical impulses. When someone dies their systems (heart, lungs, kidneys, etc and eventually brain) shut down. Since these systems are controlled by said electrical impulses, the electricity has to go somewhere since it can no longer work the dead bodily systems. It's a law of physics that energey can't be destroyed so it leaks from the body and into the atmosphere.

Now, if someone dies slowly and peacefully the energy is released slowly and less concentrated and will dissipate quickly, but if someone dies quickly and/or violently it jolts the energy right out and is very concentrated leaving a dense mass of the energy that once controlled the body. This won't dissipate quickly giving it time to be held in by the electromagnetic fields given off by things in the structures or areas that these people die in (electrical systems, old wiring, things with high voltage, etc).

"But, what about ghosts people claim come from time periods where there was no electricity? Ur stoopids Haunted House."

Shut up. It's not over. Now, in cases such as this I personally believe that the energy released at the time of death was still there. A quick and violent death still releases more concentrated energy making it take longer to dissipate (if it even dissipates at all). Sure, time goes on and this energy is still around, but it doesn't have anything to trap it. Yet, that is. Naturally existing electromagnetic fields gave this energy loose boundries and not much to work with when it came to manifestation, but when electricity began being installed in almost every household it tightend the boundries up, thus trapping the energy and giving it more feed to be able to make itself appear and making it more active.
Nothing about what you just said makes sense.
Seriously.

First of all, the electricity would NOT go "into the atmosphere."
Second, whether or not one dies peacefully or violently, the impulses would shut down at the same time. It doesn't work in the way you described.
Thirdly, believing that the electricity in the human body would somehow move objects in a human way or be reminiscent of the human they were involved with is insane.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 03:01 PM   #33
Fae-wolf

Quote:
I hate people.
I hate people who pretend to see ghosts all the time, who pretend to be mediums, who pretend to have clairvoyant dreams. I hate people who pretend to have been abducted by aliens. I hate people who pretend to have seen UFOS. But that is just a slide... Most and for all, I hate fake mediums.

There is no such thing as ghosts. I am not closed minded; as a fact, I am very open minded and receptive when it comes to theories, but ghosts do not exist. Sometimes it feels like everyone on this stupid planet has been ***** by aliens or have seen ghosts or heard dead people fucking - I seem to be the only sane individual to have ever existed.

Am I alone?
You're not alone but geeeez!!! Don't hate on these people. What did they ever to do to you?
Fae-wolf is offline   Reply With Quote